Season 4 Alias Ratings for 1/5/04

which pretty good considering the changes that were done ... but we need to wait and see for next week's eppy to see how many of the new-comers do come back for the 2nd eppy and 3rd and 4th ... till the finale ... the goof thing is we will have un-interrupted showing for the next 22 weeks ... (y) (y)

ABC averaged 17.8 million viewers for the night, trailed by CBS (11.6 million), NBC (11 million) and Fox (8 million), according to preliminary estimates from Nielsen Media Research. ABC also trounced the competition in the race for adults 18-49, winning the coveted demo with a 7.3 rating/18 share; CBS ran a distant second for the night with 3.7/9 average.

ABC's ratings were courtesy of "Lost," whose one-hour easily trounced the competition with big numbers in both total viewers (21.5 million) and in adults 18-49 (8.3/21).

J.J. Abrams' other ABC drama, "Alias," returned with a flourish in its two-hour, fourth-season premiere, averaging 16 million viewers and 6.7/16 in adults 18-49. But the spy saga slipped a bit in its second hour as it competed against two 10 p.m. perennials, "CSI: NY" on CBS and "Law & Order" on NBC.

"Alias" remained on top at 10 p.m., with 14.4 million viewers and a 6.2/15 among adults 18-49. But in the battle for second place, "Law & Order" (14.2 million, 4.5/11) was able to best "CSI: NY" (12.7 million, 4.4/11) for the first time since the two crime shows began going head-to-head in the fall.

Lets just hope that the show keeps its viewers, week after week ... for the next 22 weeks ... when we have the un-interrupted showing of the show (y)

16 million is GREAT compared to last year when Alias was lucky to pull in 7 million viewers--what a huge jump! great start!
now people just have to keep watching!

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>ABC Lands One-Two Wednesday Punch</span>
Friday, January 7, 2005

ABC scored its highest Wednesday night numbers in more than two years with the first fresh installment of "Lost" since Dec. 8 and the fourth-season debut of "Alias."

The other big news of the night was a plucky performance from NBC's "Law & Order," which topped CBS' rookie "CSI: NY" in the 10 p.m. hour for the first time this season.

"Lost" opened the night for ABC with an average of 21.6 million viewers and an 8.4 rating/21 share in the adults 18-49 demographic, according to Nielsen Media Research. The two-hour season opener of "Alias" packed a wallop from 9-11 p.m., averaging 15.8 million viewers and a 6.6/16 in the demo.

"Alias" stayed aloft in the 10 p.m. hour, while "Law & Order" (14.3 million, 4.5/11) pushed past "CSI: NY" (12.2 million, 4.2/10) for second place.

At 9 p.m., "The West Wing" did reasonably well for NBC against "Alias," averaging 11.7 million viewers and a 3.6/8 in the demo. CBS 9-10 p.m. comedies, "The King of Queens" (10.2 million, 4.0/9) and "Center of the Universe" (8.9 million, 3.5/8), were a little off their game, with "Center" proving to be a lead-in handicap for "CSI: NY."

Also of note was Fox's 9 p.m. reality entry "Nanny 911," which upticked from its recent averages to finish with 9.2 million viewers and a 3.9/9 in 18-49.

Despite its cheesecake appeal, the debut of NBC's limited-run reality series "Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model Search" (6.8 million, 2.8/7) delivered only so-so ratings against "Lost" in the 8 p.m. hour, though it did improve the NBC's track record in the hour this season by 27%. The debut of reality show "The Road to Stardom With Missy Elliott" (2.3 million, 1.0/3 in adults 18-34) didn't set UPN on fire, but it did improve the network's track record in the time slot this season in key measures. "Missy Elliott" scored its highest marks with teens (2.4/7).

For the night, ABC stood tall over the competition with an average of 17.8 million viewers and a 7.2/18 in adults 18-49. NBC ran a distant second in adults 18-49 (3.6/9) and tied with CBS for the No. 2 spot in viewers (10.9 million).

Wednesday night win of ABC is still the talk of the media ... (y) (y)

I'm so happy Alias did well in it's first episode. Let's just hope it continues to do well!

Also I was out in San Francisco for the holidays and there was so much advertising out there! I was really excited. I mean, there were ads in the subways, on buses, on billboards... each time I went into the city I saw at least 10 Alias advertisements around the city.

I think everyones a bit surprised that Alias held on so well to Lost, it dropped just 5.1% from Losts audience in its first 30 minutes.

Which is spectacular to say the least. American Idol usually has around 27 million an episode, yet 24 only catches around 13 million of those viewers. So for Alias do better than 24 with 8 million less viewers from its lead in is exceptional. Dance everyone

*dances* I'm so happy for Alias!! It's finally getting some good ratings. :woot: Hopefully Wednesday will get the same great ratings, even if it is a bit less.

Back