Season 4 Alias Ratings for 1/5/04

This from Mediaweek-

"In more positive news for ABC, Lost (#1: 13.8/20; Viewers: #1: 21.46 million; A18-49: #1: 8.4/21 at 8 p.m.) and the two-hour fourth-season premiere of Alias (#1 overall: 11.3/16; Viewers: #1 overall, 16.05 million; A18-49: #1 in every half-hour, 6.7/16 from 9-11 p.m.) led the network to Wednesday victory. Comparably, ABC's advantage over the No. 2 network (NBC in the overnights, CBS in total viewers and adults 18-49) was an average 34 percent in the overnights, 6.24 million viewers and 97 percent among adults 18-49. Although ratings for Alias declined as the evening progressed (overnight track - 9 p.m.: 13.1/18 - 9:30 p.m.: 11.7/16 - 10 p.m.: 10.5/15 - 10:30 p.m.: 9.8/15), this still could very well be spy drama's best performance in over three years. Welcome back, Jennifer Garner - ABC finally found the right time period for you."

Also, Alias was listed in the "Winners" column for the night for perhaps the first time ever. Next week will be much more telling, but for now this is fantastic news!

Alias_Fan,the first number is the percentage of people watching TV who were watching that show, and the second number is how many million viewers were watching the show. Alias' average percentage last year was usually around 6 or 7, so these numbers show significant improvement. I believe the Alias post-Superbowl episode scored about a 10 share, and that was the previouly highest rated episode ever.

Let's see...

Lost = 21.46 million people.

Alias = 16.05 million.

I was hoping those numbers would be reversed - that more people would watch. I was hoping for like 23 million!!!

Stupid NBC and their West Shing (West Wing). And CSI or whatever they had on CBS.

:(

yay!!!!!!!!! :groupwave:

its too bad alias didnt get more than 16 mill but thats still SOOOOO good!

at least they beat the stuipd west wing <_<

Ratings are pretty good all things considering. I wasn't expecting 20 million viewers. Alias is in it's fourth season that alone probably scares people. Some are probably afraid they can't understand what is going on because they haven't seen the past seasons.

Alias beat out CSI:NY! That alone is quite an accomplishment! I know that some are worried about the slide in number in the second hour but I wouldn't worry too much. The slide wasn't actually that bad. 14.42 million watched the second half. The only one who beat them out in the second hour was Law and Order. A good show but probably benifitted some from Jerry Orbach's recent death. Terrible that is why some probably tuned into it but typical. Keep in mind that Wed. is a school/work night. Some may have had to turn the tv off because it was getting late because they had to go to school/work the next day.

Let's just hope they can keep up the good work!

Next week is probably going to be much more important, to see how many of this week's first time viewers decide to commit to Alias for more than one week. However, even if they can keep the numbers around 13 or 14 million viewers that's a significant improvement over last year.

Also, A18-49 means 18-49 year olds, which is the most sought after age demographic in TV ratings.

Kiki

I'm literally in shock that Alias beat both Law and Order and CSI: NY - at the same time. That's absolutely unheard of for the show. The extremely high ratings mean there were millions of people watching last night who have never even seen the show before. Let's just hope a good percentage of them got hooked enough to come back.

Merging with other ratings topic....

the thing i find amazing is that alias is going to be at the top of the ratings charts!!!! all last year it never even made the top 20, and all of a sudden it's going to be WAYY up there!!! THAT IS FREAKIN AWESOME!! I can't even express how freakishly excited I am!! Let's just hope everyone keeps on watching.

this is really great news!!

they did an awesome job setting up the episode for new audiences!! (y) without ruining it for us die hard fans.

nance said:
what was last years average?
[post="1147949"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Last year Alias had an average of about 8 million viewers a week, and last night there were over 16 million watching, according to the Yahoo statistics.

Back