Season 3 Alias Ratings for 9/28

I was so upset when I saw that! Maybe ABC should show more Promos...though I did see a few before the premire...I need to get more people to watch it...must make alias bigger than survivor...

How many people do you know who have "Law and Order" trading cards? Or t-shirts? Or DVDs?
ROFL!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: Law & Order trading cards is just hilarious!
seriously though, by the way people were reacting on messageboards right after the season finale, i think that a lot of s/v shippers didn't watch the season 3 premiere bc of vaughn's marriage. i hope alias gets its ratings up soon though, even though i think Azalea is right, alias has a huge cult following, so for right now at least, i don't think ABC will drop it.

kiki81ny said:
From Mediaweek-

Mediaweek called last night's ratings for Alias "disappointing" although it wasn't listed in the "losers" category. Here's what they had to say:

"On ABC, season three of the demographically driven Alias kicked off with a disappointing 7.5/10 -- 12 percent below its year ago season opener (8.5/12)."

I don't think it's hard to understand that this is not good news...get your friends to watch Alias!
damn! I tried so hard to get everyone to watch! :angry: Why don't people watch the good shows?

jsharp1701 said:
I went through the same heartaches with "Once and Again" and this is starting to sound awfully similar. I have to console myself with only one season on DVD. At least "Alias" is putting all their seasons out.

Why don't people watch good TV? CBS just renewed "Big Brother" and "Amazing Race" for a fifth season. Those shows are so repetitive and NO ONE on them is appealing at all.

I just don't get it.

Philistines. :angry:
I think its cuz people want easy shows to watch, reality tv is simple... I mean how could you not understand it... our world is becoming stupid (either that or I'm mad that no one is watching alias!)

SpongeBobSquarePants said:
I think I know why the show dosn't get great ratings..... I will probably get some heat for saying this but I have said it before; it's Jennifer Garner. She dosn't fit the role. Shes too plain and boring. They should have put someone in the role who is fiesty and strong mentally; like Angelina Jolie or a Marg Helenberg type of gal. Jen come off as a girl, not a woman. You can't be "cut/sweet" and kick ass at the same time. Also, the show is promoted as "sex, sex" Jen is always in a "sexy" out fit, and that dosn't gain viewers; if you want to check out sexy women, go on the internet, it's free and available all the time. Why sit through a 1 hour show for a few scences with a masculin looking chick in a bikini. I like the show, but Jen has got to go.
Sorry, but that's just how I see it.
Ok i have to completely disagree with you. Everytime I ask people... "do you watch Alias?", the say is it the show with the Jennifer Garner chik, or the Daredevil chick, JG is one of the main reasons why people are beggining to know about Alias. And how can she not fit the role... Angelina Jolie as Syd? I could never imagine that... I probably wouldn't watch if that was the case. JG is a great actress and fills the role perfectly.

I do have some good news though... alias is higher than ABC's average rating of 7.0/12.

ALIAS needs an Oprah fix. If somebody knows somebody who knows Oprah maybe they can ask Oprah to introduce ALIAS to her viewers and the ratings will go up. Maybe Oprah can invite the Alias cast in her show and let her viewers know about ALIAS.
Whatever Oprah endorses it turns into a blockbuster! She has a daily average viewers of 20 million or so (right?).

i was totaly shocked to see that the ratings are low. i feel the same as many of you in that a great show doesn't come very often and it sucks that more people don't want to be engaged in a great show. It has its ups and downs but i will still watch every sunday no matter what. GO ALIAS! (y)

my sister has started watching alias. she had the nerve to try to lock me out of the room when the premier came on.

i say stuff the people who havent heard of alias... ive got some of mi friends addicted butt they dont care like i do ( jg and mv 4 eva)

Azalea said:
ABC has a contract with Jennifer Garner to remain with the network and Alias through the 2007-08 season.
That contract is only good if ABC decides to renew the show. They're under no obligation to, but *if* they do, JG is required to stick with it for that long.

Unfortunately, the ratings just aren't going to get that much better. If they were, they would have by now. Shows don't just all of a sudden leap ahead in the ratings during their third season. The fact is, the show is simply too smart, hip, edgy, and fast-paced for a large, mainstream audience.

It does, however, have HUGE cult status in a certain demographic (us), and that's important for marketing, because cult fans will buy any merchandise associated with the show. (How many people do you know who have "Law and Order" trading cards? Or t-shirts? Or DVDs? ^_^ ) Plus, Jennifer Garner has major star wattage, and the show is consistently showered with critical praise and awards nominations....add in the fact that ABC doesn't have any drama that's even remotely comparable in any of those categories, and I think it's safe to say that unless they develop some huge, breakout hits this year, they'll stick with Alias.
That makes sense. I'm just surprised they were lower than last year. I knew at least 4 people who watched it this year but not last year. Hm... :blink: I seriously hope ABC realises that it's never going to be this huge mainstream show. It's just not like that. But it does have pretty good, and comparing it to other abc shows, we're one of their best. (i think)

ABC's been promoting the new episode of Alias, so I hope it gets more viewers. Remember when they started showing old Alias on ABC family? That's what got me hooked two years ago. Maybe if they do it again, it'll get more viewers. It helped for 7th Heaven. Saw it on ABC Family and started watching it on the WB

I didn't watch last season, but I do this season. And I've brought 7 new viewers along with me. Just doesn't make sense. How do they determine these ratings!?!?

My Insane Theory: Each TV emits an IP-like Address, and each thing you watch is like a page, and they have an invisible hit counter that records the number of people/tv's viewing a show.....

Off Topic: I like Dead Like Me too

oooh! I have a crazy theory, too! Okay, I have two.

1) People are forgetful and there was a huge Alias convention that somehow appeared out of nowhere and people forgot to watch it because they were drooling over Vaughn.

2) People have having HUGE Alias parties and the counting people only count the number of tvs, not people in front of the tv.

Now, remember these theories are still under investigation, but not really, because it's late and I'm tired and I'm letting my imagination run free! :super:

P.S. I love peaches

Nielsen ratings are determined by a statistical sampling (think post-voting polling during political campaigns) and this means that no matter how many people you convince to watch the show, it's not going to change the outcome *unless* they are pre-chosen to be a Nielsen viewer (they have some sort of meter/hardware installed on each television). When someone in the household wishes to watch TV, they log in (demographics) and it records what shows they watched and for how long.

I believe there are only about 5,000 houses representing the entire nation and considering that over 98% of the population owns a television, it's not a very large sampling.

Now, if you know someone who is a Nielsen viewer (I had a friend in high school who was) convince *them* to watch and you've made a difference.

If you would like more information here's the website:
Nielsen | Audience is Everything

BTW, I'm new around here. *waves*

Back