Season 3 Alias Ratings for 9/28

From Mediaweek-

Mediaweek called last night's ratings for Alias "disappointing" although it wasn't listed in the "losers" category. Here's what they had to say:

"On ABC, season three of the demographically driven Alias kicked off with a disappointing 7.5/10 -- 12 percent below its year ago season opener (8.5/12)."

I don't think it's hard to understand that this is not good news...get your friends to watch Alias!

omfg!! what do we have to do to get people to watch the show!! well maybe this is a wake up call for abc to get their asses in gear and do some serious promoting!! DO YOU HEAR ME YOU FOOLS AT ABC?!
ok with that said im goin to recruit some alias watchers! who wants to join me?!

I'm definitely going to try !!!! I was hoping there would be better news for Alias this year......... I really hope they renew for a fourth season!

tell your neighbors to watch!

your parents friends!

your co-workers!

everybodyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :lol:

We had a problem with our satellite cable, so I had limited choices and it seemed like ABC was plugging Alias a lot during their college football game. That's something, anyway . . .
;)

ames723 said:
omfg!! what do we have to do to get people to watch the show!! well maybe this is a wake up call for abc to get their asses in gear and do some serious promoting!! DO YOU HEAR ME YOU FOOLS AT ABC?!
ok with that said im goin to recruit some alias watchers! who wants to join me?!
haha...i heard it being advertised all day sunday whenever commericals came on this radio station i was listening to...anyone here listen to STAR 98.7?

I personally saw tons of Alias ads...it just doesn't seem to be helping. What is good, in a way, is that ABC's other dramas (Practice, NYPD Blue, 10-8, Threat Matrix) were all very disappointing this week as well. They may realize that Alias is as good as it's going to get for them, and they'll stick with it. Cross your fingers!

Do u want 2 know how many ppl i've been literally driving insane 2 watch ALIAS, and they have. What's wrong with these freakin ratings?? GRRR :angry:

i dont know why the ratings are so bad!! it seems like alot of people are watching!
i have heard a ton of promos on the radio stations!! well thats good promoting!

ABC has a contract with Jennifer Garner to remain with the network and Alias through the 2007-08 season. Plus, it always does really well in the demos (which is the most important thing). I think we're okay.

omg not fair..i dont get why the ratings would be bad..i think they're doing a good job w/ the advertising and promoting the show..

ABC has a contract with Jennifer Garner to remain with the network and Alias through the 2007-08 season.
That contract is only good if ABC decides to renew the show. They're under no obligation to, but *if* they do, JG is required to stick with it for that long.

Unfortunately, the ratings just aren't going to get that much better. If they were, they would have by now. Shows don't just all of a sudden leap ahead in the ratings during their third season. The fact is, the show is simply too smart, hip, edgy, and fast-paced for a large, mainstream audience.

It does, however, have HUGE cult status in a certain demographic (us), and that's important for marketing, because cult fans will buy any merchandise associated with the show. (How many people do you know who have "Law and Order" trading cards? Or t-shirts? Or DVDs? ^_^ ) Plus, Jennifer Garner has major star wattage, and the show is consistently showered with critical praise and awards nominations....add in the fact that ABC doesn't have any drama that's even remotely comparable in any of those categories, and I think it's safe to say that unless they develop some huge, breakout hits this year, they'll stick with Alias.

I went through the same heartaches with "Once and Again" and this is starting to sound awfully similar. I have to console myself with only one season on DVD. At least "Alias" is putting all their seasons out.

Why don't people watch good TV? CBS just renewed "Big Brother" and "Amazing Race" for a fifth season. Those shows are so repetitive and NO ONE on them is appealing at all.

I just don't get it.

Philistines. :angry:

I think I know why the show dosn't get great ratings..... I will probably get some heat for saying this but I have said it before; it's Jennifer Garner. She dosn't fit the role. Shes too plain and boring. They should have put someone in the role who is fiesty and strong mentally; like Angelina Jolie or a Marg Helenberg type of gal. Jen come off as a girl, not a woman. You can't be "cut/sweet" and kick ass at the same time. Also, the show is promoted as "sex, sex" Jen is always in a "sexy" out fit, and that dosn't gain viewers; if you want to check out sexy women, go on the internet, it's free and available all the time. Why sit through a 1 hour show for a few scences with a masculin looking chick in a bikini. I like the show, but Jen has got to go.
Sorry, but that's just how I see it.

i strongly disagree with spongebobs thought but any ways im dont want to say what im about to say but if Alias' ratings continue to be this low then im preety sure that this will be its last season. i know it doesnt deserve to be cancelled but networks dont care about how good the show is . all they care about it ratings. if a show doesn't get good ratings then it gets cancelled. so lets pray for better ratings or its bye bye for Alias.

Well, as I said before, try to stay away from ABC's other dramas, we have to let them know that it's not going to get better than Alias. The Practice, NYPD Blue, Threat Matrix, and 10-8 have all ben disappointing and the latter will probably get cancelled soon. With nothing else to fill their schedule, they will have to keep Alias on.

Kiki

Back