Alias reference on "Joan of Arcadia"!?!?

Azalea

Azy in Wonderland
Okay, I might have heard this wrong, but I think there was just an Alias reference on CBS's "Joan of Arcadia." Early in the show, Joan had been complaining that her family was behaving like CIA agents because they were keeping secrets from her. Then she and her brother were secretly trying to locate their dad's long-lost brother (which he didn't want them to do), and he called her at school. When she answered her cell phone, I *think* she said "Joey's Pizza." He said, "Huh!?" And she kind of laughed and said "Never mind." And then they continued with normal conversation.

Did anyone else see this? I need confirmation, otherwise I'll just think I imagined it. I guess if it did happen, that means Joan's an Alias fan? (Or at least someone on the writing staff.)

I don't watch Joan of Arcadia.... but that's kind of funny if she answered the phone and said "Joey's Pizza." :lol:

I don't watch Joan of Arcadia either. Wow, that's sorta funny or just pure coincidence that she talked about the CIA and answered the phone "Joey's Pizza" ^_^

that's too funny! and kewl that she might be an alias fan! ^_^ that's a pile of felgercarb though-I completely forgot to watch tonight. :(

^_^ that's cool.. but you know even if that had anything to do with ALIAS, only a mad fan of the show will think that way :light:

ehehehehe... :jump:

Yeah she did say that, I've been watching Joan of Arcadia for awhile and she did pick up the phone and say "Joey's Pizza" but I really don't think it had any reference to Alias, I think she was just doing it as a joke.

newyorkaise said:
Yeah she did say that, I've been watching Joan of Arcadia for awhile and she did pick up the phone and say "Joey's Pizza" but I really don't think it had any reference to Alias, I think she was just doing it as a joke.
I don't know...If that's actually what she said, then it wouldn't really make any sense just as a joke. That would be a huge coincidence, considering that was the ongoing codeword for Sydney and Vaughn during Season 1. Especially with the CIA reference in the show earlier on in the episode, and the fact that she and her brother were pulling kind of a "spy mission" type-thing when he called her. And if she said "Joan's Pizza" - well, that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense either. :blink: I'll have to use to subtitles when they show this episode in reruns. :lol:

Back