Alias Renewal

I just saw on TV Guide's daily news wire that ABC has announced its fall line up and Alias was not picked-up for next year. CAN THIS BE TRUE??? :( I thought Jennifer Garner has already hinted that the show was definitely renewed for next year. But this story seems to counter that. Has anyone else heard this story???

Yikes, please tell me this is not to be believed and its just another Convenant plot!!!

Oh No!

I saw the same article on tvguide.com - it was under the entertainment news section. I would be devastated if they did not have a season 4!!! I am sure they have finished filming season 3 so there would be too many lose ends. There must be a season 4 - if only to have closure!!! :( :( :( :banghead: :angry: (n) :shocked:

Zach

haha..I DONT THINK ITS TRUE...jen garner and a lot of other people have already said it will be back...plus for the practice theyre already saying on commercials that its ending... so if alias was really ending, wouldnt they say that in the commercials?

ok heres what it says:THEY'LL BE BACK: ABC has renewed Hope & Faith, Extreme Makeover, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, According to Jim, My Wife and Kids, George Lopez and America's Funniest Home Videos for next season. Noticeably absent from ABC's pick-up list: Alias and 8 Simple Rules. The net previously announced that NYPD Blue would return in the fall for a 12th and final season, albeit sans leading lady Charlotte Ross.

OMG IF THIS IS TRUE I WILL CRY.

Don't panic yet! These are still the early renewals. It appears as though Alias hasn't been given the official go-ahead yet, but it has not been cancelled, either.

BritAlias said:
Don't panic yet! These are still the early renewals. It appears as though Alias hasn't been given the official go-ahead yet, but it has not been cancelled, either.
are you sure?? thats not what it says on the site...OK YOURE SURE. im not gonna worry myself over this!

I'm sure. I don't have any inside information, but none of the articles mentioned Alias as being cancelled. They just say that it wasn't in the list of renewals.

Hollywoodreporter.com has a short write-up, here's a blurb:

ABC announced the early pickups for the 2004-05 season in part to allow each of the shows to firm up their production teams for the coming season, according to ABC Entertainment president Susan Lyne.

Sure, it would be great to know for certain that Alias is coming back, but the backlash that ABC would face for eliminating such a critically-acclaimed show (even if the ratings could be better) would be tremendous. They may be baiting the fans a little to judge the reaction. They might also be waiting to see how the rest of the season goes (or maybe it's got something to do with Jen's new movie coming out). Only the ABC honchos know for sure, but really, I wouldn't worry unless there is an official announcement stating, for a fact, that Alias is cancelled.

Cheer up, everything is still okay :D

ok youre scaring me again..thats not the article we're talking about... its this one:

THEY'LL BE BACK: ABC has renewed Hope & Faith, Extreme Makeover, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, According to Jim, My Wife and Kids, George Lopez and America's Funniest Home Videos for next season. Noticeably absent from ABC's pick-up list: Alias and 8 Simple Rules. The net previously announced that NYPD Blue would return in the fall for a 12th and final season, albeit sans leading lady Charlotte Ross.

Noticeably absent from ABC's pick-up list: Alias and 8 Simple Rules.

whats that all about?

Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you! All the sites out there that report news have their own ways of saying things (and some tend to leave out rather important words). I think the source for all the articles today can be found over at the ABC media website (all the ABC news right from ABC itself).

Try ABC Media Net

The first press release for today (Tuesday the 13th of April) is titled

"ABC ANNOUNCES EARLY PICK-UPS FOR SEVEN SERIES"

Again, just because Alias isn't listed does NOT mean that it is cancelled. It's almost enough of a sure-call that they don't need to give it early notice. Some of the shows that are on the list were "bubble" shows - they didn't know whether or not they'd be coming back, so the network thought it would help them out and let them know early (this will allow more time to plan for the next season).

I'm sure the Alias crew is already half-way through planning Season 4 - they don't need reassurance to get started.

Really, really - don't panic!

One article I read said that 8 simple rules is the network's top comedy, and it wasn't on the list either. Now why wouldn't you early renew your top comedy?
I like the way BritAlias thinks. :smiley:

BritAlias said:
Again, just because Alias isn't listed does NOT mean that it is cancelled. It's almost enough of a sure-call that they don't need to give it early notice. Some of the shows that are on the list were "bubble" shows - they didn't know whether or not they'd be coming back, so the network thought it would help them out and let them know early (this will allow more time to plan for the next season).
*nods* Yep ^_^ The official announcment with all the other shows is in May. That announcment is just for the "bubble" shows (as BritAlias put it ;) ) that need to make sure they're renewed.

does anyone know when ABC's final fall schedule will be announced?? I know its sometime in early May.

I agree that its not as dire as I first thought when I read the initial release from ABC this afternoon. But, with the management mess at Disney/ABC, I wouldn't put anything past them. Remember, these are the same executives that brought you The Alamo last weekend!!!

No matter who says that Alias is picked up for a 4th season (JG, Alias Magazine), I'll finally sleep at night in May when ABC announces it officially.

AugustSnow said:
No matter who says that Alias is picked up for a 4th season (JG, Alias Magazine), I'll finally sleep at night in May when ABC announces it officially.
(y) I hear you on that one! I won't believe it's cancelled though until I hear the final word - if it came to that then I would break my foot off on some ABC exec's asses! :hmm:

(jems, you can borrow ames foot!)

I've heard that they're just waiting to the OFFICIAL renewal. There is no way they'd drop Alias... isn't it ABC's top drama??? And why would they drop 8 Simple Rules...another top show?!

If the appliance doesn't turn on, it's not cuz the appliance is broken.... make sure it's plugged in. That didn't make a whole lot of sense, but I mean don't jump to conclusions just cuz some writer doesn't know how to get his/her point across...

Back