Alias Renewal

Joyie said:
I read in the latest Alias mag that they're sure they're going to be picked up for a fourth season..
yah thats what i thought...but this looked sooo...OFFICIAL...im assuming its wrong though...

Don't worry folks, it isn't going to get cancelled. Everyone from the star to the production team, to reporters that have talked to the execs, ALIAS IS NOT GETTING CANCELLED. Frankly, it wasn't even a bubble show like these are. Don't worry we will have a Season 4.

ugh. i can be reassured over and over...but im still gonna be nervous until they officially announce it...i wasnt even worried before!! and now...

I was about to go into cardiac arrest..... But, I've taken it down a notch and am thinking happy thoughts..... It has to be renewed.

EDIT TO ADD:

And I just remembered.... they hired Jeffery Bell from "Angel" as a new writer & producer next season with him Executive Producing in the year following that. It can't be cancelled.

bingo freakforalias said it they wouldn't hire a new writer & producer if they weren't assured that Alias wasn't going to be renewed.so guys have a little faith our show is gonna get renewed or we can go after the execs at ABC with pitchforks.but im thinking happy thoughts

also, didn't JJ say that season 3 was a bridge between seasons 2 and 4? That would mean there has to be a season 4. I'm not worrying. ^_^

Alright you guys calm down. Alias is coming back. The syndication rights clearly state 88 episodes, that means if ABC wants the 20 million that was promised by TNT for those rights they need to have it for a minimum of 88 episodes, that is four seasons.

Plus that list were made up of bubble shows, meaning those that they were truly wondering if they should bring them back. Hence why 8 simple rules, Alias, and Bachelor I think were all left off. They are not bubble shows. They are the shows that make ABC some money.

rjalias said:
Alright you guys calm down. Alias is coming back. The syndication rights clearly state 88 episodes, that means if ABC wants the 20 million that was promised by TNT for those rights they need to have it for a minimum of 88 episodes, that is four seasons.

Plus that list were made up of bubble shows, meaning those that they were truly wondering if they should bring them back. Hence why 8 simple rules, Alias, and Bachelor I think were all left off. They are not bubble shows. They are the shows that make ABC some money.
Exactly! The fact that Alias got picked up for early renewal last season actually means that it was in trouble last season (it was a "bubble" show, so it needed the reassurance.) Since Season 4 is so clearly already established, they don't need that reassurance this year.

If you want to worry, we should be worrying about Season 5, not Season 4. ^_^

I love your sig pic with the young syd and alice and wonderland stuff..cool!!!

Yeah, it seemed like it was a bubble show last season and now its established itself as a good lead-in and 3rd rated drama on the network. Plus, can you imagine the backlash ABC would get if it was canceled?

We might have to worry about the 5th season, but let's do our Alias duties and recruit more followers to it.

rjalias said:
I just had to say.... I agree. I think Azy has one of the best sigs on this site. (Off topic... I know.) ;)

You know, if abc doesn't pick it up it'll get picked up by other networks, as Alias is a relatively young but strong show. I hate to say this, but if there were to be no alias tomorrow, I'd be the last one you'd find crying. This doesn't mean that I don't like the show nor that I don't run home on Sundays to be in front of the boob tube at 9pm. I'm just as much of a fan as you all are, but for my own sake I like to leave a bit of flexibility in life.

That said, I feel strongly that Alias will be back for S4.

freakforalias said:
rjalias said:
I just had to say.... I agree. I think Azy has one of the best sigs on this site. (Off topic... I know.) ;)
That's sweet of you! :smiley: My major issue with it is that you can hardly see Vaughn's watch, it's so dark. I need to try to find a better pic of that....

youngwayne Posted on Apr 14 2004 said:
I hate to say this, but if there were to be no alias tomorrow, I'd be the last one you'd find crying. This doesn't mean that I don't like the show nor that I don't run home on Sundays to be in front of the boob tube at 9pm. I'm just as much of a fan as you all are, but for my own sake I like to leave a bit of flexibility in life.
I try to be pragmatic about things like that too, telling myself that it's just a show and it won't really make a difference in my life whether it's on or not. But it doesn't work for me - I know I'd be a wreck if it was cancelled. I wish I could gain some perspective like you have... ^_^

Back