Alias Renewed for Season 5!

Hibou

Cadet
Alias has been renewed for a Season 5! We don't know when it will show, but STILL, this is awesome!

Article:

Four Dramas Return to ABC Next Season
April 05, 2005
By John Consoli

ABC will bring back its top four drama series for next season--Alias, now in its fourth season, along with freshman series Boston Legal, Desperate Housewives, and Lost.

ABC held Alias back from its usual September launch this season, premiering it in January, and on a new night, Wednesday at 9 p.m. insteado Sunday at 9 p.m., and the show posted its best ratings since its first season. The show is averaging a 4.7 in the 18-49 demo, and 11.2 million viewers.

Boston Legal has averaged 12.5 million viewers and a 4.9/12 in the 18-49 demo. Lost has averaged 16.9 million viewers and a 5.8/16 in 18-49. While, Desperate Housewives is averaging 22.8 million viewers and a 10.0/22 in 18-49.

Article from Mediaweek.

That's great, but I'm not surprised. I'm kinda hoping it won't air until January again because I like the no-repeat, no-long wait thing.

told u it was gonna be picked up again ... but as I said before ... lets keep it on wednesday nights ... start it together with "lost" ... and whenever ABC shows "lost" in re-run, do the same with "alias" ... "Alias" benefits from "Lost" whenever it has a new episode ... so, keep it that way ...

ABC Renews 'Lost,' 'Alias,' 'Housewives'

(Tuesday, April 05 02:07 PM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com)
As April began last year, ABC had fallen into a distance fourth place in most ratings measurements and had become the subject of jokes and mockery. Just 12 months later, ABC is second to only CBS in total viewers for the season and the network is a strong third place behind FOX and CBS in the key adults 18-49 demographic.

In little surprise, then, that on Tuesday (April 5), ABC gave early pick-ups to four of the shows responsible for that turn-around.

ABC has ordered second seasons of "Desperate Housewives," "Lost" and "Boston Legal," while lining up a fifth season of "Alias."

"Desperate Housewives" and "Lost" were two of the most buzz-worthy pilots of the last development season and became out-of-the-box hits for ABC.

"Housewives," created by Marc Cherry, has become a genuine phenomenon, averaging 22.8 million viewers per week and partnering with "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" to turn Sunday from a liability into a strength for ABC. In addition delivering to boosting ABC's time period audience by an amazing 180 percent and stirring up countless stories in major press outlets, "Housewives" has become an awards magnet, picking up Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild trophies for outstanding comedy series.

A Golden Globe nominee for best drama, "Lost" has developed one of television's most intense fan bases in less than a season. The J.J. Abrams-produced series has averaged 15.9 million viewers per episode, anchoring ABC's Wednesday line-up.

After several seasons as a critical darling and cult favorite, "Alias" received a major boost when it was paired with "Lost" this winter. Although the drama has been battered by "American Idol" in recent weeks, its viewership of 11.2 million viewers is up by 2.8 million from last season.

Thanks to its "Desperate Housewives" lead-in, "Boston Legal" has averaged 12.5 million viewers. The "Practice" spin-off has been competitive in a tough time slot, though another of ABC's new dramas, "Grey's Anatomy," has performed far better in the same period, which could lead to a new time for "Legal" next season.

Article from Zap2It.com ;)

ms.katejones said:
Thank God! This is great news!
[post="1290494"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Definitely is! But I agree let's keep it on Wednesday nights after lost and starting in January...I like this no repeats thing :P

:woot: 5th SEASON.... :woot:

Wed. was the best move made by ABC for Alias.... and I'm now recalling the days when people on here thought it was going to be the worst move ever... :lol: (not me though)

Yay for a 5th season of Alias!!!! I don't watch Lost but I love it anyway for giving Alias a boost in ratings. At first I wasn't sure if the idea of airing Lost and Alias back to back was going to work, but it turned out to be a great move.

I'm not surprised it was renewed, but I am very happy to hear the official word that it has been renewed. That makes may day! :D

I honestly blieve season 5 of Alias should be its last.

1)A lot of shows go downhill after five seasons...Buffy the Vampire Slayer, West Wing,Third Watch

2) Will the show start to repeat itself in 6

3) Jen Garner has always expressed interest in having a family and the clock is ticking

4) After 100 episodes its perfect for syndication and cements its status as one of the most popular shows of the last decade at least.

5)I think ABC will have another great year next year with new shows and maybe Alias wont be fianancially realistic. Alias Currently costs $1.8million APO Pts. 1+2 cost close to $4million Show only get more expensive as the go on...

But if Alias producers & writers keep the intrigue, mystery,suspense and most importantly its Must-See tv status for fans I would be more than happy to see season 6 & beyond.

aliasnut332 said:
eww you suck.  please stop talking.  Alias should last forever.
[post="1291398"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Hehehe... I hope no one takes this seriously, he/her was just kidding.

I should warn you though, you'll get a warning here from saying small things like "you suck". Some people are quite sensitive.

freakforalias said:
:woot: 5th SEASON.... :woot:

Wed. was the best move made by ABC for Alias.... and I'm now recalling the days when people on here thought it was going to be the worst move ever... :lol: (not me though)
[post="1290996"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

well, I was one of them ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I always wanted it to stay on Sundays ... at 10pm ... ;)

Hey, but wednesdays are so great now ... :woot:

The fifth season of our beloved Alias!

I see explosions, multiple bad guys, betrayal, revelations, Rambaldi (and perhaps a proposal?) in the next season!

Thank God! More Alias :woot: :D I hope they go at least 6 seasons though. Even then, I can't picture life without Alias. :(

Oh well, all guess I'll just take it season at a time... ;)

Back