Alias Reruns May Air On Spike TV

M

Marlene

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Spike, FX Eye 'Alias' Reruns</span>

By Andrew Wallenstein and Steve Brennan

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - Spike TV and FX have emerged as front-runners to air reruns of ABC's espionage drama "Alias," sources said.

"Alias" syndicator, Disney's Buena Vista Television, made a presentation at Spike TV, according to sources close to the network, which is very interested in the series but has yet to make a formal bid. FX and Spike TV declined comment. A spokeswoman for Bune Vista also declined comment.

With a sexy star in Jennifer Garner and critical buzz still growing, "Alias" would be a fine addition to such male-skewing cable networks as FX and Spike TV, Lifetime senior vp research Tim Brooks said.

"It could be a real brand builder if you're looking for a distinctive series to add to your schedule," he said.

However, "Alias" isn't likely to carry a steep price tag because its ratings are nowhere near hit status and its intricate multiepisode story lines make it a tougher sell than the self-contained plots in single episodes of syndicated war horses like "Law & Order."

"'Alias' has to be watched sequentially, which is not good for syndication," Brooks said. "You can't just pick up the series in the middle and understand it."

The show begins its third season this fall.

Source: Yahoo! News (Reuters/Hollywood Reporter)

I hope one of these syndication deals work out. I'm planning to buy the dvds, but I love to randomly flip on the tv and watch one of my favorite shows. :lol:

Hopefully, it would also allow new and potential viewers to catch up on the episodes they missed.

I know FX does a 24 marathon, where they play all the episodes of the previous season in a single day. I could see that type of thing working for Alias.

Spike TV if the former TNN. It's now being marketed as the "first network for men," a sterotype which I have problems with seeing as they have the rights to one of my favorite shows, Star Trek. I always feel as if I'm doing something illegal when I turn to Spike TV! ;) (I like the name, though, to me, it's a Buffy allusion, not a reference to Spike Lee.

But I'm getting :eek:fftopic:.

I kind of hope FX gets it, because I like the way they've treated Buffy, 24, and X-Files, giving them plenty of air time.

Though, really, I just hope Alias gets put into syndication somewhere. As long as I get the channel, I can live with it.

We might be waiting awhile; typical syndication takes four years unless the network that is showing the reruns is affiliated with the original network i.e. ABC Family showing Alias, which is shown on ABC.

FX buying the rights seems weird because they're FOX. TNN, I don't care if you change your name you're still the nashville network to me, just seems WEIRD. I dunno; I kind of liked it on ABC Family because of the extra, behind-the-scenes segments they show during marathons.

Back