Alias rumored to be looking at spring return

Alias News

Official News Poster
From Sci Fi Wire:

Alias Will Return In Spring

ABC told TV Guide Online's Ask Ausiello column that its spy series Alias will definitely return in the spring to finish out its last season, though the show doesn't currently appear on the network's schedule.

"An ABC rep insists it'll be back sometime this spring, so maybe they're waiting to see which of their new shows tanks before committing Alias to a specific night/time," the column's reporter, Michael Ausiello, wrote. "One slot it probably won't get is its old one: Thursdays at 8 p.m. As executive producer Jeff Pinkner told me when I interviewed him last week, 'My understanding is we will not be on Thursday night.'"

[casting spoilers:]
Ausiello also reported that fans can expect the return of several familiar faces. Michael Vartan[/color], who plays Michael Vaughn, will come back for five or six episodes, starting with the second one after the show returns from hiatus to accommodate star Jennifer Garner's maternity leave. "As we've said from the beginning, the rumors of Vaughn's death were nothing more than rumors," Pinkner told Ausiello. "In this world, don't take anything at face value. We'll know by the end of the 99th episode exactly where he is and if he's alive or not."

Ausiello also reported that Bradley Cooper (Will Tippin) will be on board for the show's 100th episode, as will Gina Torres' Espinosa.

As long as Alias is back...AND as long as it's not on Thursdays @8 that time slot was nothing but a slap in the face to Alias...it really was....

This is madning. I have no idea when it airs. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long...stupid ABC for not placing it in the line up.

I read somewhere we get 8 episodes ... with one 2-hour series finale ... which would mean 7 episodes back to back ... which brings me to think ABC might want to bring "Alias" back in Arpil ... and have the show say good-bye for May sweeps ...

March? well I think March is not gonna be the month ... "the Evidence" will premiere after "Lost" at 10pm wednesdays, and depending on how it does ... "Invasion" might be back or not ...

As said ... if they put it on after "Lost" that would be cool too ... but hopefully "Lost" will have some new episodes in between too ... and see if "Alias" can keep the viewers ...

I'm so glad to read that, I was really getting worried. Tonight I was adding to my Netflix queue, and saw Alias Season 5 as an option, it freaked me out, thinking how can they be releasing it on DVD if they haven't wrapped it up, oh no, maybe that was it! Leaving us hanging with Syd on that ship about to give birth! Then I saw there was no availability date listed, whew.

Crissy

I'm getting so annoyed with this. I really can't wait much longer, or I think Andrea might go a little crazy, lol :blink: . I never watched Alias when it was on Sunday nights (I know, it's very very very sad...), but I want them to put it on then. I heard it was magical (lol, that's what my friend said :D ). I'll be happy with Wednesday night too. Well, actually as long as it's back I'll be happy. I vote Wednesday or Sunday, lol. BEING BACK ALIAS SOONNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Andrea :angelic:

Back