Alias seaon 5 to have only 17 episodes

SpyDude

Cadet
Read this and cry.

Catching Up with JJ Abrams: Alias is definitely coming back. That's what JJ Abrams wants you to know, despite the lack of a return date from ABC at the moment.

It's not every day we get to sit down with the genius behind Felicity and Lost (two of the aforementioned "legendary" shows), 'cause let's face it, the guy's not un-busy! JJ's big-screen blockbuster directorial debut, Mission: Impossible III, comes out May 5 (and I know you all will see it, given the magic of JJ and also our favorite fickle pickle, Felicity herself, Keri Russell!). But he's also keeping tabs on Alias, Lost and the upcoming midseason show What About Brian, which we'll get to next week.

For those of you concerned about the rumors that Alias was asked to wrap it up in three episodes, you should know, according to JJ, that is not true. Alias will have eight more episodes when it returns, and the cast is already back on set shooting this week. "We're finishing up the series, and it's a bittersweet thing," JJ says. "But it's wonderful to know it's the end, so that we can actually end the series the right way, as opposed to finishing a season and then having the network just say, 'It's over.' "

JJ also says the new mom on set, Jennifer Garner, is doing just fine. "She's great. She's unbelievable. I can't say enough good things about her. I actually haven't seen her in a little while, so I'm looking forward to that. I haven't seen her since she had the baby. I've been editing the movie, but she's back at work now. I'll probably see her in the next couple of weeks."

I thought they were gonna have at least 18 episodes, but the last episode that aired was 5x09 - "The Horizon"
8 more episodes equals 17 episodes. That really irritates me.

Original link.

http://www.alias-media.com/modules.php?nam...rticle&sid=3901

i thought there was going to be 20...there should AT LEAST be 18. but 17? come on now, would it kill them to do 1 more episode, give us a nice round number? That's felgercarb.

We need to find someone to complain to. At least if they're going to take Alias away from us, the owe it to the fans to give a full season.

That's true. If they're taking show away from us, just give us full season not just a part of it!

OMG! I am so mad. Alias may not get even 17 episodes. There were supposed to be 8 more epis but now it looks like 4 or 5 episodes.
Origin article at Alias-Media.com

by Kristin Veitch
Rumor 1: Alias isn't getting a full season.

Verdict: True
Alias' original 22-episode order for this season was trimmed to 17. Nine have already aired. And according to the show's rep, ABC is planning to air eight more. However, as you know, ABC still hasn't set a return date, and given that uncertainty, I'm told the writers are concerned they might not get all eight episodes. So, they've worked out a plan B in case they need to end the storylines more quickly. (You may remember, JJ Abrams went through a somewhat similar experience with Felicity. He wrapped up the storylines and then found out he was getting five more episodes from the WB.) So, bottom line, the show will return. It's in production right now; however, we can't be 100 percent certain the show will receive all eight final episodes until its return date is announced.

i thought there was going to be 20...there should AT LEAST be 18. but 17? come on now, would it kill them to do 1 more episode, give us a nice round number? That's felgercarb.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!
for sayign that so i didnt have to

I have like... self-diagnosed mild OCD and the fact that it is not an even/round number will drive me absolutely INSANE

but, that being said, i seriously had the urge to... well, cry when i read this - this SUCCCCCCCCKS sooooooo badly
i so could blame someone for this... but i'll just :zipped:

But... do you really think they can tie up all the loose ends in seven episodes?

:blink:

I know that if I were part of the writers, it'd take me an entire lifetime and a half, but maybe that's just me...

:angry: this is soo frustrating! We have already ahd 2 wait so long for it to come back (and now i seems we hve 2 wait even longer!) and we aren't even gunna get the full thing!

Leave it to ABC to ruin the final season of one of their best shows.

I knew that it was only a matter of time before they would screw with the Alias cult. With hits like the Housewhores, Lost, Grey's Anatomy, Dancing with the Stars and Boston Legal, it was obvious they would screw with Alias sooner or later.

And from a business standpoint, I don't disagree with that, but screwing with the show in its final season show they're complete and total scum.

F them.

Well this box set better not be more than 35 bucks, it would be a crime against fans if it cost 50 bucks like most of the others. I think they should have two alternate endings for the finale but show those endings only on the box set, each alternative will be 2 hours each and then show the ultimate real finale on tv. An I'm not talking about alternative last scenes, each finale episode would be totally different from each other. The alternative finales could give fans what they want and what fans don't want. For example the first alternate could be where irina is indeed bad and she dies in the end. The second alternate could be where irina tells jack/nadia that jack is really the father. Something along this level, so every fan can be happy since this is the last season. Then I would be willing to pay the 50 bucks. :lol: An on the subject of abc I'm very pissed at them, my favorite character(irina) finally comes back and now I have to wait a total of 3 months to see her again, I hope all there new shows they are promoting fail.

So does the 2-hour debut count as 1 episode or 2?

I think they should have two alternate endings for the finale but show those endings only on the box set, each alternative will be 2 hours each and then show the ultimate real finale on tv. An I'm not talking about alternative last scenes, each finale episode would be totally different from each other. The alternative finales could give fans what they want and what fans don't want. For example the first alternate could be where irina is indeed bad and she dies in the end. The second alternate could be where irina tells jack/nadia that jack is really the father. Something along this level, so every fan can be happy since this is the last season.
I guess we all can dream . . . :lol:

An on the subject of abc I'm very pissed at them, my favorite character(irina) finally comes back and now I have to wait a total of 3 months to see her again, I hope all there new shows they are promoting fail.
Not very vengeful, are you? What if a show as good as Alias comes along and it happens to be on ABC? Would you tune out for spite? WB prematurely cancelled Angel and what did they end up with? A big gaping hole in their schedule and virtually nothing to fill it with but re-runs. Boy, were they sorry! :lol: This isn't exactly premature, but consider how long it took to beg and cajole your favorite character back. We're lucky they're allowing Alias to wrap up instead up cutting it short and leaving us hanging without knowing what happens altogether. They could have just halted production during the haiatus. I say, thank goodness we have something, with the business climate the way it is. :mellow: Gotta go.
✌️

oh well... as long as they end it cleanly... none of this cliffhanger and wait for the movie felgercarb...

I agree on that the series Angel is an example 2 years ago they ended the series open ended.And didn't answer the most important question. But what I don't get is why 17 episodes and not 22 episodes like the last 4 years. Is there any hint that a spin-off could happen ?

Like maybe a Marshall or Dixon series, FYI I'm waitng for the Season 5 dvd. (Hasn't seen any episodes this season.)

Back