Alias Season 2 DVD

Thanks to THE SAFE HOUSE!!

Packaging

There are three cases in the DVD set, two discs per case. The cover art is a pic of Sydney with Jack and Irina in the background over her shoulders. The promo pic of Commando!Vaughn with gun is the big picture on the back, with small mugshots of Sloane and Dixon. Sydney is on the cover of the first DVD case. Jack is on the cover of the second DVD case. Irina is on the cover of the third DVD case. There's a pic of a different character on each individual DVD: Sydney, Vaughn, Jack, Sloane, Irina and Sark. The bonus features are on Disc 6, except for a Season 3 preview, video-game preview and unrelated movie trailers on Disc 1, and Audio Commentary (for "Phase One") and a ScriptScanner on Disc 4.

Special features

The Making of "The Telling"
"The Look of Alias" featurette
Deleted Scenes
KROQ Kevin & Bean radio interviews: JJ, VG, KW and JG (Season 1) Season 2 Blooper Reel
Audio Commentaries
The Making of the Video Game
(basically an ad for the game) TV Spots
DVD-ROM ScriptScanner

Details

Deleted scenes:
"The Indicator": The One Constant (Sydney apologizes to Vaughn for calling him irrelevant and says he's been her one constant through everything)
"Double Agent": Growing Old Together (Sydney tells Francie about the trouble on her date with Vaughn, they bemoan their lack of romance and talk about how they'll be there for each other when they're old ladies)
"Double Agent": Jack's Warning (Jack talks to Sydney about Irina and warns her about Agent Lennox)
"A Free Agent": The Kiss (Vaughn and Sydney kiss in the parking garage)
"A Dark Turn": A New Identity (Dixon talks to Sydney about getting his official CIA ID)
"The Telling": Sloane's Advice (He tells Irina he learned she will betray him, but he wants to give her another chance)
"The Telling": Irina Is Gone (Irina and Sloane got away; Sydney hugs Jack)

Commentaries:
"Phase One": J.J. Abrams, Jennifer Garner, Michael Vartan, Jack Pender (director), Greg Grunberg and Victor Garber (on the phone from New York!)
"A Dark Turn": Ken Olin, John Eisendrath, Jesse Alexander and Jeff Pinkner
"Second Double": Ken Olin, Bradley Cooper, Carl Lumbly, Terry O'Quinn
"The Telling": J.J. Abrams, Merrin Dungey, Ron Rifkin, Ken Olin, Kevin Weisman

None of the commentaries comes close to the glory that was the cast commentary on "Almost Thirty Years," because they've split the cast up between three different commentaries. So you don't get the fun camaraderie and rapid-fire joking that made ATY so darn enjoyable to listen to. J.J. and the directors tend to monopolize their commentaries, so the actors don't get a chance to comment as much. Especially disappointing is that MV barely says anything, compared to his funny antics in the ATY commentary. The "Second Double" one is the best in my opinion. Terry O'Quinn is really funny, and the interplay between him, BC and CL is amusing. And also, J.J. isn't monopolizing the whole thing.

Gag Reel:
This gag reel is longer and better than the one on the Season One DVD. JG and VG are still making each other giggle a lot. There are a LOT of funny faces, falling down and running into things. The one minus to me is that there are so many quick-cuts between short bloopers and very few extended bloopers, which I personally prefer. And, of course, I always want more!

Featurettes:
"The Look of Alias" focuses a lot on the wigs that Sydney wears. Some very interesting facts about them, if you're into wigs -- including how they found the "right" color for the red wig from the pilot. Each one costs about $5,000! "The Making of 'The Telling'" is about 45 minutes long and focuses mainly on the stunts and action sequences, particularly Irina's jump and the Big Girlfight. It also includes brief footage from JG's "best ever" birthday celebration on the set, and MV going with the "gangsta-rapper" look to amuse himself during Additional Dialogue Recording.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SANTA! PLEASE BRING ME ALIAS SEASON 2 ON DVD!!!!!!!! :woot:

🎺 THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!! I NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE A DECISION HERE!!!!

It took me literally six hours to convice :argue: my parents to give me the Alias DVD Box for chirstmas ..........and I FINALLY :D succeeded :jump: :woot: :woot: (after half a year of begging!) ;)

But now I have to decide if I wanna have Season one or Season two on DVD!!:(
And I can´t make an decision because actually I have all episodes on tape, but I don´t know which extras like interviews or deleted scenes are better.....the one on season one or season two dvd????
So would someone please tell me what to do............Im going crazy here :o_O: :blink: lol .......its just a hard decision !! ;)

WHAT WOULD YOU DO???? :talk: :chatchairs:

I need some help! I just bought the Alias Season 2 DVD set yesterday. Two weeks ago I bought the Alias Season 1 DVD set. When I purchased the Season 2 set, there was a sticker on the front saying that if you purchased both sets, there would be a mail-in $10.00 rebate, and that details were inside. My whole family has searched the box, and we can't find any details about a rebate. Has anyone else purchased the Season 2 set and located any info about the mail-in rebate? Does anyone know where I could look for an address or info to find out?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm thrilled with just the set, but if there is a rebate, I would love to take advantage of it!

Thanks!

clareb

Several stores are selling them already. I saw on another board that Blockbuster is selling them already. I bought mine at Sam's.

clare

I'll have to check it out tomorrow...there is a Sam's down the street from me, but I'm on the east coast...Thanks :D !!!!

Aliasaddict:) said:
🎺 THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!! I NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE A DECISION HERE!!!!

It took me literally six hours to convice :argue: my parents to give me the Alias DVD Box for chirstmas ..........and I FINALLY :D succeeded :jump: :woot: :woot: (after half a year of begging!) ;)

But now I have to decide if I wanna have Season one or Season two on DVD!!:(
And I can´t make an decision because actually I have all episodes on tape, but I don´t know which extras like interviews or deleted scenes are better.....the one on season one or season two dvd????
So would someone please tell me what to do............Im going crazy here :o_O: :blink: lol .......its just a hard decision !! ;)

WHAT WOULD YOU DO???? :talk: :chatchairs:
Hey if i could only get one i would totally go for season two. It would be a really hard choice for me to make but i like season 2 better then season 1. I liked the Irina parts. :smiley:

I agree, Season Two is better for the realtionships aspects (S/V, J/I, W/F). There are also more action packed climatic parts and I think Marshall has more of a roll. Anyway, Season One is really cheap now, if you get any holiday money, you can always go out and buy Season One for a lower price then Season Two ;)

Anyway, Season One is really cheap now, if you get any holiday money, you can always go out and buy Season One for a lower price then Season Two 

Thanks so much for your advice! I will order season two I think!! You know Season one is not even in the stores in germany by now so I doubt its gonna be cheaper than season two when they will finally sell it in the stores. Season two has not even been on german tv so I bet its gonna take like a year till then.
OH noooo......that just reminded me of something.......when I will order season two its gonna be a dvd in the us format...........Can I watch it on my german dvd player??? because my friend bought the moulin rouge dvd on vacation in the usa and her german dvd player couldn´t play it because it is a different format or something!! :( Has anyone here the slightest idea of techincal stuff??lol

If it is zone 2 it should work everywhere in Europe, only zone 1 works in USA and Canada. I'm French and i bought season 1 in Amazon UK and it works perfectly well, so it should work in Germany too. Maybe your dvd driver is a little limited and does not work with some kind of dvd?

OMG!! TWO DAYS!!! I cannot wait! I can't buy it because I know I'm getting it for christmas. :angry: But, I am gonna rent the DVDs from Blockbuster (they are my saving grace). In september, the DVDs came out right before my school volleyball tryouts and i wanted to get pumped up for it, so i rented them and was so excited (sure, I didn't make it, but I was thoroughly amused by the lines running through my head.) I love gag reels! For a great pic from the gag reel, go to the Fun section here and look for a subject called "The funniest pic of MV ever!!" I cried when I saw it, it is so funny!

clareb said:
Several stores are selling them already. I saw on another board that Blockbuster is selling them already. I bought mine at Sam's.

clare
Oh, this is good to know, thanks!! hehe, why wait 2 days when i can have it in 1? :lol:

Back