"Alias" - Series Finale

Alias_Gay

Ensign
I just wrote this and I posted it as a blog on my "myspace" account ... but I wondered what you guys here at AllAlias are really thinking about the final season ... I know none of us are happy its ending, but there is always a final season ... and this is it for us, "Alias" fans ...

I wanted to post this in the final episode thread, but since we have no "title" yet, I decided to post it in the general thread ...

On September 30th, 2001, ABC introduced the series "Alias" to the world, written and produced by JJ Abrams. The show became an instant cult-hit, having fans from all over the world, but ratings were not that grand for this show.

Starring Jennifer Garner, Michael Vartan, Ron Rifkin, Victor Garber, Kevin Weissman, David Anders, Merrin Dungey, Melissa George, Greg Grunberg, Mia Maestro, Rachel Nichols, Balthazar Getty, Carl Lumbly, Amy Ackers ... the show has been on TV for the past 5 years ... 5 years that have seen the most peculiar guest stars on the show, like Quentin Tarantino, Peter Berg, Amanda Foreman, Vivica A. Fox, Elodie Bouchez, Lena Olin, Sonia Braga, Amy Irving, Justin Theroux ... I think I have even forgotten some of the guest stars who have wandered in the "Alias" world ...

ABC announced that this season, would be the last season of "Alias" ... and as a fan of the show, I am truly excited to see what the writers have in store as we get only 6 episodes till the end of an era ... one of the best shows on TV comes to an end on May 22nd ...

On April 19th ... 9 days from now ... ABC airs a new episode ... a two-hour event that will start the count-down to the end of the series ... when the series finale of "Alias" airs on May 22nd, there will be tears of joy and tears of sadness ...

I really had hoped the series would have gone for another year, but circumstances have made it impossible to do ... I have been an addicted "Alias" fan through the past 5 years ... and after the show bows out of ABC, I am not sure if I would ever be that addicted to any show again ...

"Alias" is part of my life and I need my dose every now and then ... good thing we have the DVD's ... to watch, we have the forums at AllAlias.com to chat with other fans of the show ... and in June, the last "Alias UK Convention" will be held ...

To ABC ... thanks for bringing "Alias" to live ... to JJ, thanks for creating the best show on TV ... and to the cast and crew ... thanks for 5 great years ... 5 wonderful and amazing seasons ... I will surely miss having my "Alias" around ... and I am sure many fans will be feelling the same way I do ... Thanks and all the best for you guys ...

To the fans ... don't forget to watch the two-hour event on April 19th on ABC at 8pm ... and remember that on Monday, May 22nd, at 9pm ... we get the chance to say goodbye to the "gang" ... lets make it the best farewell ever ...

Enjoy "Alias" till the end and don't forget ... family that spies together ... stays together ...

Season One:
cast5.jpg

Season Two:
04-cal-cast.jpg

Season Three:
cast.jpg

Season Four:
sea4promo01.jpg

Season Five:
newgroup.jpg

It's so sad to see it end.... :( But in the same sense -- it feels like it's time for it to.... It was completely addictive and unlike any other show I've ever watched.... And it's the only show that has EVER compelled me to join a board like this... It was fun coming here every day looking for spoilers (in the beginning), reading everybody's theories, and reading Verdantheart's columns....

And now that Alias is coming to an end -- Soon, I won't have to come up with excuses as to why I can't be at work during Alias :lol: (I was supposed to work April 19th and had to come up with yet another lame excuse.... :lol: -- how sad is that? :lol: -- nobody comes between me and my Alias.... )

It is truly sad to see an amazing and unique TV show like Alias end its run. I actually didn't start watching it from the beginning, though, because my aunt and uncle told me about it after it premiered. I checked it out, and the first episode I saw was A Broken Heart (I think). Ever since I watched that episode, I've been hooked. My aunt and uncle, sadly, seem to have given up on the show. Their loss, I guess.

Still, 5 years isn't a bad run for any TV show, especially when you look at how many shows get cancelled after (or during) their first season. 5 years is a good run, because it's not too long, but not too short. Just right! Maybe its just that I like the number 5 or something, but Alias having 5 seasons feels right to me.

I wanted to post this in the final episode thread, but since we have no "title" yet, I decided to post it in the general thread ...
I know that ALIAS-media.com posted a title for the last episode, which was called "All the Time in the World," but that site has been wrong on title names before, so...

I am torn that Alias is ending. It's almost surreal not being able to watch it... or anticipating the upcoming episodes. I agree that 5 years is a good run for the show and i'm sure the finale will be amazing. I think the show chose a good time to end... while it was still good so alias can be remembered as an awesome show and not a show that was onf orever and dragged out. I'm still sad tho... it's my favourite show :(

this past episode was amazing ... and it had all the Alias treats I like ... from action to suspense ... to the shocking deaths of beloved characters to the evil switch I knew Sloane has always been ... to a freaking series finale ... these past episodes have been AWESOME and if anyone tells me they are not happy with how these episodes are re-connecting with the past seasons, and Rambaldi ... then I have no idea what they want in this show ... ;)

We are going out with a BANG :blowup:

I am very sad and frustrated to see Alias end. There is so much felgercarb on TV that makes it season after season and then a show like Alias is overlooked. A show with an actual plot line and interesting, deep characters. Oh well, I guess society as a whole is more interested in lame reality shows that should have run their course after the first couple of seasons than a superior show like Alias. :rolleyes:

These eppies have been amazing...I must admit, I was a bit tainted by the doubling; but the 2 hour comeback and this past Wednesdays episode....AMAZING!!! :D Cannot wait to see what we get next week!!!! :woot:

I am very sad and frustrated to see Alias end. There is so much felgercarb on TV that makes it season after season and then a show like Alias is overlooked. A show with an actual plot line and interesting, deep characters. Oh well, I guess society as a whole is more interested in lame reality shows that should have run their course after the first couple of seasons than a superior show like Alias. :rolleyes:

These eppies have been amazing...I must admit, I was a bit tainted by the doubling; but the 2 hour comeback and this past Wednesdays episode....AMAZING!!! :D Cannot wait to see what we get next week!!!! :woot:

Good points, one and all.

We should also be thankful that Alias will (unlike The Pretender) end on its own terms and will faithfully wrap up its plotline...no loose ends flapping in the breeze, further infuriating faithful fans.

VIVA L'ALIAS!!!!!!! :redhair:

Back