Alias: Square One

So where is Vaughn...
I think that her mom and dad have something to do with Vaughn dissapering...
i wonder what is happening to her house.
Thanks for the pm.

So where is Vaughn...
I think that her mom and dad have something to do with Vaughn dissapering...
i wonder what is happening to her house.
Thanks for the pm.
Oh what's happening to the house...I think you might know already. And as for her parents having something to do with Vaughn's dissaperance...perhaps...

Great update, but I hope you update again soon.
Thank you...update is looking possibly friday?

Deleted what used to be here. I have found a majority of the loose ends and have tied them up. There I think around seven more chapters left to be written and then maybe a sequel, if you guys want one. Enjoy the update. Kind of dry, but trust me, it will be even better next time. :angelic:

Chapter Twenty-Two
“Give her some time Marshall,” a strange, yet familiar voice said, Sydney just couldn’t recognize who it was. She rubbed her eyes a few times. Her vision cleared up to reveal Arvin Sloane.

Sloane gave Sydney a couple minutes and then asked, “Sydney, please, start from the beginning.”

Sydney explained everything to Sloane, from learning about Alliance 47, to their yacht blowing up, to seeing old enemies. She left out the part about her and Vaughn’s final conversation. Instead, she lied and said that she and Vaughn got separated when the yacht blew up and she didn’t know if he was alive.

While, Sloane was in Virginia with Marshall, Jack reviewed the recording that Marshall took of Sloane and Miss Rachel’s conversation.

“Ah…Miss Rachel. To what do I owe the pleasure of this call?”

“You found the document Lo Vaneco was hiding, when your team retrieved in Buenos Aires correct?”

“That is correct.”

“Good. Where did you find it?”

“My tech-man found it inside his laptop on the hard drive, but I had him swear to secrecy to hush up about it, or I would put out a hit out for his death.”

“Does the document describe in great detail the down fall of the Covenant?”

“I believe it does and it tells more.”

“Well. Please send it to me at P.O. Box 47 in Los Angeles. It will be picked up, not by myself, but by an associate. You know how things work. In return I will hand over two Rambaldi artifacts, that will be dropped off at your house and six o’clock promptly”

“Thank you.”

“My business here is done. It was a pleasure, Mr. Sloane.”

On the phone with Marshall:
“So he betrayed all of us. Marshall, this is enough for Director Chase to have him arrested and put in jail? I mean Sloane can be good, but I believe that he’s evil. Unless, there is a VERY good reason for him to be evil. I will not bring this to Director Chase’s attention. We shall black-mail him.”

“Yeah, I guess. But what do we want?”

“Vaughn.”

“Vaughn?”

“Yes. I have reason to believe that Sloane had something to do with his disappearance.”

“Okay. We want Vaughn. Oh yes we do!” Marshall said in a sing-song voice.

“Marshall, please stop. You DID make a copy of his hard drive Marshall didn’t you?”

“No…YES! That man was kind of like a genius. He had so many valuable things on the hard drive I just couldn’t help myself.”

“Alright, I’ll go through the document and find anything that looks of use to us.”

“Okay. I’ll bring your daughter home safe.”

Back at the Gardenia Hotel:
“Marshall!” Sloane called out into the hallway, just as he was ending his call.

“Yes, Mr. Sloane?”

“We need transportation back to APO.”

“I’ll be right on it.”
-End Flashback-

-Sydney’s POV-
I woke up from my mini-nap. As I looked out the window of the car, I remembered it all. When you miss someone, I guess you just remember the moment when you lost them the most. After that mission I returned to my house, to find that Will had left a note on the fridge, saying that he had found an apartment of his own and was moving into it this week. I was happy for Will, for that he was finally moving on with his life. The important part is that I still keep in contact with him and we meet at the local coffee house every Wednesday evening to catch up.

As for Lo Vaneco, he committed suicide while we had him in custody. I don’t know why he did it though. I guess because he knew that if he returned to his life, he would be dead anyway. My father had found the document and discovered that the Covenant had a secret agency called the Alliance 47. Alliance 47 would be made up of the world’s greatest “baddies.” Or, the people who wanted to get Vaughn and I back. Sark and Lauren haven’t been found since the yacht meeting Vaughn and I had with them. APO is now speculating that they are in hiding, for fear of being caught on many charges brought up by the U.S. government.

Relationships around APO have gotten pretty crazy and broken some serious codes. Dixon and Director Chase have set a date for their wedding and have gotten “best of wishes” from the President himself. Since Nadia, Weiss, Vaughn, and I had a small wedding, we’re throwing a huge wedding this summer for Nadia and Weiss and Dixon and Director Chase. I’m attending the wedding as Nadia’s maid of honor, because well, Vaughn is presumed dead. And, one thing major. My father and mom have gotten back together and are doing quite well. Mom has joined APO, but has received a low clearance level.
-End of POV-

Sydney and Jack got out of the car. Jack helped his daughter get down the stairs and on to the subway car, where they would get off in two stops. Jack’s cell phone rang. He answered it. It was Weiss on the other line. After hanging up, Jack couldn’t be happier. They got off their stop and cautiously entered APO.

“Sydney, put your things on your desk and follow me.” Jack told her. He was taking her to the conference room just down the hall.

From what Sydney could see, she saw a person’s shadow in the frosted glass windows. Once she got a closer look, she realized that it wasn’t Sloane, Nadia, Weiss, or Irina. It was Michael Vaughn.

PM LIST
shotput25ash
secretagent03
jadeygirl
Monstica
Bluebird015
broe4ever929
74Aliaschickita47
vaughnsgurl4lf
BrownEyedGirl
Alias#1
SydneyMicheal
TexasAlias2004
Garner_chick6
burgandypegasus
aliasfan212
Aliaschick347
mnkdance963

WOW!!!
So SLoane is gone.
Jack and Irina are together...
Dixon and Chase are getting married...
Nadia and Weiss are too.
And Vaughn is back!!!
Great update.
Thanks for the pm.

WOW!!!
So SLoane is gone.
Jack and Irina are together...
Dixon and Chase are getting married...
Nadia and Weiss are too.
And Vaughn is back!!!
Great update.
Thanks for the pm.
Sloane isn't gone, I'm afraid. :angelic:

A/N: Do you want a sequel? I'm only writing six more chapters and then this is over, I think. Please put a yes or no in your reply. Thank you in advance.

Enjoy. It's a long one! I love quotations too.

Chapter Twenty-Three
Sydney ran up to Vaughn and gave him a big bear hug as she screamed, “VAUGHNN!”

Vaughn looked a bit puzzled. Then, Weiss came over and whispered into his ear, “It’s your wife. She’s pregnant remember?” He hugged her back not realizing it was her.

“Sorry Syd. I didn’t recognize you. You’re very pregnant!” Vaughn hadn’t ever seen her pregnant before.

Sydney blushed, “Yeah, almost nine months.”

Jack gave his daughter time to catch up. In the meanwhile, he walked into Marshall’s office on the opposite side of the APO office. “Marshall, how’s the surveillance going on her house?”

“Um…Mr. Bristow, it’s on fire.” Marshall said trying to be calm.

Back in the conference room:

“Wow. I’ve really missed a lot!”

“Yeah, at least not the birth of our child.” Sydney replied.

“True. But I have missed everything along the way including the making of the baby’s room, the first ultrasound, the baby’s first kick, your insane cravings, the list goes on. But…what’s important is that I’m here to stay.”

Sydney broke down and started crying. How could I have lived and gone through this without him?

Marshall’s office:
“What do you mean it’s on fire? How did it start?”

“We’re currently looking back into the surveillance tapes.”

“Alright.” Weiss was standing around in the office, until Jack said, “Weiss, find a four bedroom house, three baths, and all the extravagances WITH an ocean/beach view. I will take care of the check for everything. The house needs paint, furniture, accessories, and clothing.” Jack knew in his mind that Sark and Lauren were all behind this. They knew that Sydney was very pregnant and that she was an easy target. It would be the perfect timing for them.

“Right on it sir.”

Jack reviewed the tapes bit by bit, going in slow-motion, frame by frame, play and pause, everything to find out who started the fire on his daughter’s house. “Stop it there.”

The tape stopped. “Mr. Bristow. It’s Lauren.” Marshall stated.

“I can clearly see that, thank you for pointing it out.”

“I knew it!” Weiss shouted from his desk and then did a little happy dance.

Conference Room:
Everything got very silent. Someone walked in, “Mr. Vaughn, where were you really?”

“Sloane, you know perfectly well where I’ve been.”

“Agent Vaughn, I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“You made it appear as if I was dead. Then, you tried to brainwash me. Don’t lie. You’ve committed more than your fair share of crimes against the government on kidnapping charges as well.”

Just then Jack walked in to check on them. He saw Sloane and seized the moment to handcuff him. Sydney just sat there with this really confused look on her face.

“Sydney, the day Vaughn and you split up, Alliance 47 had caught him and brought him to Sloane. Sloane is the head of Alliance 47. Vaughn was brought to him once you, Dixon and Marshall were safely on the jet headed back to L.A. Sloane went back to the Gardenia and took Vaughn and flew him back to L.A. with himself. Sloane had spent five months trying to brainwash him. We had Alliance 47’s objective wrong all along. The object was to successfully brainwash the best of the United States Government into being double agents of the bureaucracies and of Alliance 47. Irina should get all the credit on the correct objective.”

Irina walked in, “We didn’t let Sloane in on that fact that we knew his secret. Will didn’t move on his own. I’ll let Will explain that part.”

Will appeared. What is this? Re-appear from Sydney’s past day? Sydney thought.

“Your father told me that I had to move because being out of the witness protection program, I was on my own. Jack told me I had to move because I was jeopardizing my own life if I didn’t move fast. I would have already been dead. The night you left for Virginia, I was stalked on the way home to your place for about two days. The second night, I received a threatening phone call on my life. I immediately called Jack. He had advised me that I leave your house and once. I told him no, but Jack told me what was all coming down and said that I couldn’t be apart of this unless I move. So, I agreed and wanted to take part in this.” Will told her.

Irina started again, “Sydney, your house burnt down, in an attempt to murder you and your own born child. By Sloane.”

Sydney stood up. She walked over to where Sloane was. She went up to his face, “You are one down right dirty, rotten, cheating liar I have EVER known in my life. You have basically ruined what were supposed to be the best years of my life. I’ll have an unforgettable past thanks to you.” And with that, she walked away.

Will walked up to Sloane. He flipped on an F.B.I. badge. “Will Tippen, FBI. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be held against you in the court of law.” Will took Sloane and they were headed to FBI car to take him in for interrogation and charges.

Once Will was out of ear shot, Sydney stood up shocked as Will took Sloane away, “Will Tippen is F.B.I.?”

“Yes. He started to investigate Vaughn’s disappearance at my request five months ago. He was F.B.I. when he investigated Danny’s death. Will was not allowed at the time to tell me, until he was given the okay to do so. We had intercepted a phone call Sloane had received when you were on a mission. I had suggested to Marshall after hearing the tap that we blackmail him to get Vaughn. There were clues that told us that Sloane had Vaughn. For example, when he didn’t show up on the same jet as you, Marshall and Dixon. This afternoon you had to come with because we knew your house would be nothing but ashes and you and your unborn child would have been murdered. I told you that Vaughn would be here. That was lie up until I heard from Weiss. We weren’t sure whether Sloane would go through with our little deal.” Jack said.

“Sydney, we have accommodations for you and Vaughn at the safe house. Security personnel will be swarming the place. You will be in good hands. See you in the morning honey.” Irina said.

“Thanks mom. And dad.” Sydney said.

“Thank you Jack and Irina.” Vaughn said as well.

“No problem, anything for our daughter and son-in-law.”

Sydney took Vaughn’s hand and they walked out of the APO office.

PM LIST
shotput25ash
secretagent03
jadeygirl
Monstica
Bluebird015
broe4ever929
74Aliaschickita47
vaughnsgurl4lf
BrownEyedGirl
Alias#1
SydneyMicheal
TexasAlias2004
Garner_chick6
burgandypegasus
aliasfan212
Aliaschick347
mnkdance963

Interesting update...
Can't believe Vaughn came back, and then the house burnt down...
Can't wait for more.
Thanks for the pm.
Yes to a sequel

Interesting update...
Can't believe Vaughn came back, and then the house burnt down...
Can't wait for more.
Thanks for the pm.
Yes to a sequel
Yeah. I had to be nice. :smiley: Added to the sequel list.

Thank you 'texasalias2004', 'sydnemicheal', 'mnkdance963', 'aliasfan212', and 'aliaschick347' for responding. I'm hoping others will too. :thinking:

-Erin :smiley:

wow that is alot to take in in one day!!!
great chapter!!!
Yeah...I guess it was a lot!

i love the whole, what is this come in to sydneys life again day?! or what ever it was, but it cracked me up!!loved the update!!
Thanks. I kind of laughed there too. :smiley:

ahhh! please update soon! great chapter.
Aliaschick347
Update: Monday/Tuesdayish or if I find time earlier (I have five other fics to write 2+ chappies each) In other words: I'll try! :D

-Erin :smiley:

Back