'Alias' star emulates Charleston mentor

Tommy

Seeing A Ghost
-The Martinsburg Journal (WV)

CHARLESTON-- "Alias" star Jennifer Garner didn't start her acting career to find fame--she just wanted to emulate the Charleston Light Opera Guild's director.

Nina Denton Pasinetti was an early mentor for Garner, who grew up in Charleston and performed as a child in local guild productions.

"I didn't get into this to be famous," the 31-year-old. actress said this during a visit to her hometown. "I wanted to be Miss Denton!"

Garner, who co-starred with Ben Affleck in the recent action film "Daredevil," is getting used to being recognized in Los Angeles. But when she returns to West Virginia, she wants to relax with her family and catch up with friends.

She visited her alma mater, George Washington High School, on Thursday but left when television crews showed up.

"I didn't want anybody to know about it," she said. "I just wanted to be there for the kids and to see my school. I did it from my heart; it wasn't a publicity stunt."

Fortunately, she said, most people in Charleston respect her privacy.

"I'm a normal Garner girl," she said. "I may be famous to the rest of the world, but I'm not to myself, and I'm not to my mom and to my friends."

You guys don't see it from their point of view, and I'm sure you guys would have been up in her face asking her for an autograph.

I can imagine that it must be really intense living in the public eye 24/7 having everything about you known. I don't know about you, but it would drive me crazy. Plus, it must be insane for her to have to go into the supermarket and see all the tabloids and magazines alike covering her break-up....Yikes!

Back