Season 5 Alias the next generation

There seem to be strong hints that s5 is going to have a next generation element to it - new 20 something agents for our guys to handle - what do ppl think to the idea? Is it a inspired way to freshen up the show or does it stink of desperation due to Jens pregancy? Will it bring in new viewers? Will it put old views off? What do ppl think to the idea?
un

<edit - Arrr - I've just realised that this thread probably should be on this board and I can't delete it like you can on other boards. If a mod thinks its inappropriate feel free to move it or delete it. It is a spoiler but its a very broad stroke so i'll let a mod make the judgement.>

It is my understanding that they are bringing in 2 rookie agents (not 20). I have been thinking about this and it all hangs on who it is that they bring in to be the new agents. I think that JJ did a real good job picking out the cast for Alias (and Lost), so I trust him to pick out two new agents. I think it could work, they have made it work on ER, so why not?

ConcreteGirl said:
It is my understanding that they are bringing in 2 rookie agents (not 20).  I have been thinking about this and it all hangs on who it is that they bring in to be the new agents.  I think that JJ did a real good job picking out the cast for Alias (and Lost), so I trust him to pick out two new agents.  I think it could work, they have made it work on ER, so why not?
[post="1408401"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I meant to say 20-somethings not 20 agents!!! That s makes all the difference!!!
un

I'm guessing this could be a new doggett and reiass scenario, like from x -files. they brought in a new 'couple' of agents while issues were sorted out with the original cast. This would be a way of deflecting attention from syd, and perhaps letting someone else take over from the action since she's pregnant, but it will inevitably change the tone of the series and i'm not sure if thats a good thing. but then its probably not avoidable since i personally believe theres not been as much as a spark since JG and MV broke up in real life. but thats just me...

New agents won't hurt the show a bit as long as they remain easily disposable characters and are used by the writers to uncover a secret about "Vaughn" or Rambaldi.

Yeah I was wondering about that too! If the Alias cast leaves, the show can be about the rookie agents. And hopefully, s5 will make us love the rookie agents.

I'm sorry, Alias just will not be Alias for me with all new characters. As far as I'm concerned the premise of the show is about the life of Sydney Bristow. If it ceases to be about SB then I done with Alias.

dotfar said:
I'm sorry, Alias just will not be Alias for me with all new characters.  As far as I'm concerned the premise of the show is about the life of Sydney Bristow.  If it ceases to be about SB then I done with Alias.
[post="1420779"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That could be the point of s5, people watch for Sydney, and while doing that, they fall in love with the rookie agent characters, so they'll keep watching! :Ponder: ;)

sd6452 said:
That could be the point of s5, people watch for Sydney, and while doing that, they fall in love with the rookie agent characters, so they'll keep watching! :Ponder: ;)
[post="1421124"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

and anyways there were new people introduced in the previous seasons like Lauren and Nadia. We've grown to like them (or at least gotten used to their presece ). I think adding new people, especially rookie agents is like a breather for the show. It'll be great having syd train them and they'll probably really look up to her as a role model...just like viewers like us!

I think that by bringing in rookie agents will make syd and voughn seem really old.

if you take what they've experienced since season 1 they have grown a lot 'older'. sydney, vaughn and weiss aren't the young naive innocent people, espeacily sydney and vaughn if you think he has mourned the love of his life, was married and so on.

i think the idea itself ist good, because it could bring a more 'normal' element back when in season3 and 4 it was sometimes too freaky with all the bristow/derevko family felgercarb which in itself is cool but also so soapy.

Wonder if the next generation of agents has anything to do with the question "who is Michael Vaughn." They might have to bring in new people because Vaughn might go MIA on us. Sydney has been an agent for twelve years, pretty long time. This could be an interesting path for the writer to lead the show into, but it also could be a diasterous one. You never know how people will react.

I suggested a while ago that they would do this.

But I don't like it. After all, Alias - much more so than shows like 24 - is about ONE person. About this one person's family, social life, and about this one person's connection to a prophesy.
It's not just a show about spies. It is Sydney Bristow's show.

And this is why I am having very serious doubts about the coming season. After all how can the Sydney Bristow show continue with Sydney Bristow not being the feature?

heavenbird said:
he may say"my real name is micheal birstow"he is jack's son ,but jack don't know that .
[post="1408432"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I was drinking my Pepsi and almost choked. So he is Syd's half-brother, if not full. I wonder who the mother is, here's a wild guess Katya?

irinarocks said:
I was drinking my Pepsi and almost choked. So he is Syd's half-brother, if not full. I wonder who the mother is, here's a wild guess Katya?
[post="1453114"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That's mean Syd+Vaughn = incest = yew!

I don't think that is what anybody meant. And if so it is a joke. Even Alias wouldn't go there. As for the Alias next generation idea... I kind of like it if it were started after this show finishes... like a spin off. However trying to phase out the "old" characters that we love... I'm not so fond of that idea.

Back