Alias: Through the Years! S1 and S2

Alias_Gay

Ensign
It's been more than 2 years already that "Alias" has been off the air ... but it is still my favorite TV Show and I miss having my Alias-fix on a weekly basis ... ABC premiered the show in 2001 and kept it running until 2006, when it came to an end, after 5 season ... 5 seasons of action, 5 seasons of thrills, 5 seasons of rollercoaster rides, 5 seasons of twists and secrets and betrayals. The show was never a huge ratings winner for ABC, but it sure paved its way with a loyal audience, that followed it wherever ABC decided to put it ... It started on Sunday Nights (2001 - 2004) and after 3 seasons on sundays, ABC moved it to Wednesday night after Lost in 2004-2005 and for the last season in 2005-2006, ABC moved it again to Thursday nights at 8pm ... we, the fans, followed the moves and enjoyed every aspect of the show till the end.

Let's recap, season by season, some of the things that happened in the series during it's 5 years' run ...

Season 1:

We were introduced to a red-haired Sydney, with a regular story about how she was distanced from her father, her mother being dead ... some regulars were introduced during season one, such as Arvin Sloane, Francie and Will (Syd's best friend), Vaughn (Syd's CIA handler), Marshall (the tech geek), Dixon (Syd's friend and partner at SD-6) and Syd's father, Mr Jack Bristow. We also got to meet Syd' fiancee Danny, who was murdered by SD-6 because she told him the truth about her job ... that she wasn't working for a bank, as he thought, but that she was working as a spy for the USA. Once this information was out, Sloane had Danny killed and so began the story of Sydney Bristow trying to get SD-6 out of the picture and thus leading a normal life ... we had many ups and downs, we were introduced also to Milo Rambaldi and his prophecies ... we got great twist on some episodes, but the main focus was Sydney's life and the way she would handle being a double agent to the real CIA against SD-6 ... she had to betray some friends, not telling them the truth ... but it was something she wanted to handle herself. At the end of season one, another character was introduced, a character we already knew ... a character we thought was dead ... Sydney's mother, Irina Derevko. The last scene of the first season says it all ... a person is approaching Syd, who is tied to a chair ... and when Syd realizes who that person is or could be ... she only says "Mom?!?" ... and then you realize, the twist brought upon and your jaw drops to the floor ... which is the reason I love this show so much!

l_69cd779e956409dc75a86aab3e70bf7d.jpg.png

Season 2:

Season 2 begins where Season 1 left and continues through the season, where Syd tries to get to know her mother ... she wants to know why she left, what she has been doing all this time and why she never contacted her. Some characters introduced in season 2 were Agent Weiss, Sark, Anna Espinosa (also in season one) and many others. There were plenty of guest stars too, in season one and season two ... such as Quintin Tarantino, Faye Dunaway, Robert Duvall, Ethan Hawke, Peter Berg and many more. After the Super Bowl, which is Alias' best rated show, SD-6 was destroyed and Phase Two began ... the shocking twist was that Syd's best friend Francie was killed and through a Helix machine, Freplica was born ... identical to Francie, but she was not ... she was put into Syd's life to gain her trust and keep her away from destroying anything that had to do with Arvin Sloane getting what he wanted. More twists, more betrayals ... most importantly, Irina betayed not only Sydney, but also Jack ... and she escaped the CIA prison and wound up working with Sloane. Syd got romantically involved with Vaughn also, which was definitely the love story of the show ... At the end of season two, she tells Syd that she is the one who can stop Sloane, that Syd is the one in Rambaldi's Propechy ... Irina jumps off a building and escapes ... Syd goes back to her apartment where she hears a message from Will telling her that Francie is the double ... there starts the BEST fight on TV still ... Freplica and Sydney go and fight all over Syd's apartment and at the end Syd kills Freplica, by gunning here 3 times ... tired, exhausted and beaten, Syd falls to the floor ... and wakes up in Hong Kong ... WTF? and then comes Vaughn to talk to her and another bombshell ... Syd sees Vaughn with a wedding ring (how the heck is he married? who did he married) and then another WTF moment and my jaw drops to the floor again ... Vaughn tell Syd "you have been missing for almost two years" ... what? wtf are you talking about??? Another reason why I love this show.

l_ac15e56221889355dbda900e23764ee2.jpg.png

I am still rewatching Seaons 3, so I will talk about it laters ... but believe me, Alias continues with its twists, its betrayals, its action to the max ... did I mention I love this show ...

Alias Rocks!

Thanks to Alias-Media.com for the screen caps of all the season finales!

Back