Alias to move to Thursdays

shakila said:
will alias also air on thrusdays on ctv, for me its not a problem cause I only watch ctv, but if alias goes off the air and stays on abc that would be horrible
[post="1348393"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
*gasp* OMG! *falls over*

I'm sure CTV's sticking to it's current schedule for Alias (Sundays at 4pm EST for me...). Anyways, CTV *will* show The OC over Alias.... just cuz they have crappy TV programmers. The OC is currently in that timeslot....

OT: CTV sucks... it's not showing Lost today.... :( not that I'm a fan....

ohiochic2010 said:
Wait, Smallville Alias and The OC at the same time. Sh*t everyone at my school either watches Smallville or the OC, some of my friends that I have gotten to watch Alias will stay (actually only one), but everyone else will follow The Oc or Smallville. I pledge to follow Alias anywhere.

Just as a side note: Last year Alias moved to Wensdays, so did my cheer practice, same hour too (thank god for DVTV) now cheer moves to Thursdays, AND SO DOES ALIAS. Freaky dude
[post="1348960"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Maybe you could ask them to switch your cheer practices back to Wed so that Alias will switch back too?

Seriously, the only thing that worries me a fair bit about the switch is the loss of 'Lost' as a lead in. I'm not too concerned about the OC because it's a different audience (and a very different show).... and Survivor has a very different audience too.

Alias has a very strong devoted fan base, and a very specific fan base which has been its blessing and its curse all along.

I love it... and have right from the pilot. I think the typical Alias fan watches Lost and 24 as well. Smart, scripted TV. Unlike Survivor, the OC, etc...

If Alias were to go up against 24, we might have a problem... but I don't think ABC or FOX is quite that stuipid... (knock on wood).

Next season can not come fast enough.

--<O>--

i'm not worried about it at all. o wait! is CSI on at the same time now? o well, if it is, then i'll have to give it up in favor of alias. there is no way in heck that i'm missing alias!

Osiris said:
i'm not worried about it at all.  o wait!  is CSI on at the same time now?  o well, if it is, then i'll have to give it up in favor of alias.  there is no way in heck that i'm missing alias!
[post="1356417"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

nope, CSI is on its regular time at 9pm ... ;)

Alias is on at 8pm ... (y)

I will admit that I will follow the show to whatever time slot it moves to. I remember the Sunday time which was the best for me. I had gotten to love the Wednesday slot. It was easier for my mother and I to watch the show. I think that moving the show to thursday will help gain new viewers. How many us watch AI or any of those other shows on Thurs.

Interesting article at alias-media.com http://alias-media.com/modules.php?name=Ne...rticle&sid=3209 shows that the only competition Alias has (assuming all the viewers that watched on Wednesday will watch on Thursday) is Survivor. Alias ranks 37th in ratings in the 04-05 season while future competition "Joey" ranks 40th, "Will & Grace" ranks 44th, and the one we thought was going to be the biggest competition, "The O.C." ranks 85th. Oh yeah, and Smallvile ranks 115th.

Thats such great news ... even though I am sure "Survivor" will be the only competition ... ;)

"Alias" fourth season ratings:

% of Change from 2003-2004 viewers: +26
Change in 18/49 demographic: +20
Rank in adults 18-49 Rating: 32
Share: 4.2/10
Average amount of viewers: 10.3 Million

This sucks. I always liked Alias being on 9 pm because it never interfered with my soccer practices this season. I dont know anyone that watches the OC. I know one person that watches Smallville but that's all

Thursdays -- better than Wednesdays, but not as good as Sundays

8:00 -- BAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDD I really liked 10:00 :(
But maybe the beginning of the season won't be as bad as this season's. They don't have to introduce everyone again. Oh, wait, I seem to remember those final finale words... "My name isn't Michael Vaughn" :rolleyes:

facade47 said:
Thursdays -- better than Wednesdays, but not as good as Sundays

8:00 -- BAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDD  I really liked 10:00 :(
But maybe the beginning of the season won't be as bad as this season's.  They don't have to introduce everyone again.  Oh, wait, I seem to remember those final finale words... "My name isn't Michael Vaughn"  :rolleyes:
[post="1360384"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I can imagine the first scene ... "and who are you again?" :lol:

but yeah, they don't need to introduce anyone, just make way to a new season ... but with those final words ... "for starters, my name is not Michael Vaughn?" BOOM KABOOM ... you never know what to expect ... :thinking:

Me and my friends always get together and watch the OC on Thursday nights! :eek: This is going to be fun; half the girls like Alias, and we'll be watching it. The other girls hate Alias, and will be watching the OC :lol:

I hate the change! Alias was doing so well with Lost, and I hate the 8:00pm time! :angry: Thursday nights are horrible! Alias gave me something to look forward to on Wednesdays (Me HATE Wednesdays!)

Bohemian said:
Hey fans, how you can cry because of change of time? In my country wasn't ALIAS  in TV yet. I know it just from net.  :thinking:
Is it problem to record it?? :blink:
[post="1351726"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Why the hell do they keep changing the day & time? As it is, I skipped watching most episodes this season because the first 6 or 7 episodes I watched were self-contained & I hated them & when the show finally picked up, I was into watching another show & missing a couple of episodes left me all confused. So, I figured I'd somehow watch Alias S4 over the summer & watch season 5 as usual. Now I find out it's going against The OC?

& for me, yeah, can't record shows. There's something wrong with my VCR & I don't have TIVO or anything. & yeah, I'm not going to waste time trying to figure out how to get the VCR to tape shows because I've tried before & it's just not worth it.

So, I'll be missing yet another season of Alias because The OC hasn't let me down yet.

However, one positive thing because I don't want this to be a total downer post, I do like that they made the time for Alias at 8pm. 9pm was just too late for me.

Back