Alias Wallpapers

That's gorgeous, Xinyi. My favorite thing about it is the color. Goddd. I love it - it's so unique, but beautiful! :smiley:

Ah, yet another opportunity to gush about your awesomeness, Xinyi. Although I may start to get repetative :blink: Whatevah. You keep coming up with these incredibly amazing wallpapers! Yesterday I spent five minutes trying to arrange my desktop icons to fit nicely with your Julia Styles WP, now I had to rearrange them all over again because of this new one. *sigh* Your brushwork is fantabulous, but the text is one of my favorite with this piece. And the three repeating images of Sydney.

That's gorgeous, Xinyi. My favorite thing about it is the color. Goddd. I love it - it's so unique, but beautiful! :smiley:

actually, the first thing my brothers said to me after i made that piece was how much they hated the colour, so i'm glad you like it Leslie. thanks Salad, i wanted to have a literally 'shattered' young sydney to interpret the 'scars inside my mind' and 'never-ending' text. sorry jillian, after i finished talking with you yesterday, i said i was gonna make some new art...and that piece just came together well.

thanks everyone for your comments. much appreicated.

i couldn't resist after seeing the new promo pix (spoiler warning). oh, and xinyi, everytime i see a piece of yours like that my jaw drops--the way you slant the edges like a sketch--how do you do that? you are truly gifted!

credits: thia, alias-media
lyrics: a message by coldplay

nice blend ethan. looks like you added a texture over the top, works well. i like what you did with the text, but didn't like how all the text stands out at once.

thanks for your comments on my piece. the 'slant edges like sketch' look is done just by using brushes as an eraser tool. eg. normally we use other people's brushes in addition to our works, but i recently learnt that the eraser tool can also use these brushes. so i just used a grunge brush that someone else made and used that shape to erase around the pictures...there we go - secret exposed. glad you liked it.

even though i can't enter my own challenge...i'm addicted to making promo ads. i couldn't resist.

returnad2.jpg

this started out as me trying to make an entry in the current sd-1 challenge, then realized i made yet another mistake in a challenge (this time before entering it); get ready to throw arrows at me--it was supposed to a blend, meaning the pictures had to blend into each other. but i thought "what the hell? everything i make doesn't have to be made into a challenge entry. i can make something for fun." so...

title: fire at will
pictures: provided at the march sd-1 challenge
texture: thia
brushes: thia
font: dearjoe4, georgia
lyrics: Thank You For The Venom by My Chemical Romance

Oooh, that looks very mysterious SydneyAnneVaughn! I love the lighting, looks very horror/comic book movie...or something. It's great, and red :lol: . WhiteRabbit OMGOMG MCR LYRICS!!! They go so awesome with that pice too, love the picture placement and the lyrics (..) and your texture use is great! :woot:

I don't even care that I don't like this- it's hot, lol. varinavarinavarinavabrainwashvarinavarina... :smiley:

Images from Getty Images, L-O.com, and Vartanho.com. Textures from 44 Suburbia and lyrics are from "What I've Been Looking For" from High School Musical (Idontcare, I like it.).

thanks for your comments jillian and that varinavarinavarinavarina piece is beautifully done, the picture and text arrangement, the color and texture use, the brush use--seamlessly done you should like it!

woah Jillian - I am totally freaked out by your vaughn loving spy mom wall but its is simply beautiful. the manips are great and the softness is so pretty. (y)

jillian: love the softness of the brushwork. the manips are awesome. the text is perfect and so are the shapes. no idea what you've been on lately, but your work has been on a roll lately.

just a quick collage turn wallpaper. of course the original is always the best.

Three versions of my second entry in the Official Challenge. Feedback is welcome :smiley:

Actually the third one is here.

Hey, cool, the topics merged. Sooo cool!

salad: i like the third one. because i like dark. but it has to be hidden as in the first one to be an entry in the official challenge - so great job.

jillian: love the softness of the brushwork. the manips are awesome. the text is perfect and so are the shapes. no idea what you've been on lately, but your work has been on a roll lately.

just a quick collage turn wallpaper. of course the original is always the best.

you are a goddess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

and salad - i actually like the entry best as a wallpaper - the 2nd is too bright IMO and the third has too much contrast - not something i usually say is a bad thing but i think the 1st has a softness which really appeals to me. the 2nd would make a kick ass icon though is resized and cropped :D

and salad - i actually like the entry best as a wallpaper - the 2nd is too bright IMO and the third has too much contrast - not something i usually say is a bad thing but i think the 1st has a softness which really appeals to me. the 2nd would make a kick ass icon though is resized and cropped :D

Thanks Jems :D The second two are crazy, lol. I was going for a more extreme look so I'm glad you mentioned it.