ALIAS

Does anyone else have friends that get angry when you talk about ALIAS?? I Do if a new kid comes and asks about it every one says NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! What gives?

I don't usually talk about it around my friends, cause I know they don't watch it. But my parents watch it, so I talk about it around them sometimes and they look at me like I'm crazy. To them, it's just a show. It's like they literally don't remember a thing about the characters until the actual show comes on. Whereas I, of course, think about them all the time like they're real people!

I was really proud of my mom this morning, though. When I told her there was a new ep on tonight, she said, "Is she going to rescue Marshall?" I just smiled and said, "Mom! You remembered his name!" She thought it was funny...

YES!! And it makes me so mad!!! Because I can sit there listening to them talk about The Bachelor or their activities and I say the word Alias or swimming or and they all groan like I talk about it all the time!! I get so tired of it!

The Bachelor?! EW! (If you don't mind my saying so.) I'm avoiding that one at all costs.

One of my best friends acts like Alias is the only thing that will come out of my mouth. So what if it is. The show is real enough to me. She called on Sunday and told me, "I know I'd never have you stay the night on Sunday, cause you'd just want to watch Alias." Then she askes me, "Is it on all the time." I told her no then she tells me that's dumb. I wish she would just make up her mind. My mom watches the show and lately she hasn't liked me watching it. But when it came on, she got alll excited about Marshall. She is a major Will/Sydney. I don't what that's all about.

Always Alias81 said:
Does anyone else have friends that get angry when you talk about ALIAS?? I Do if a new kid comes and asks about it every one says NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! What gives?
omg ..yes one of my friend gets mad at me.. she watched it once and said it was boring.. can u believe that.. but i still love her... but when it comes to alias we don't see eye to eye.. why do u think i'm always on the boards talking about alias because people don't watch it or if they watch it i don't see them around for a while

I get that all the time ! None of my friends watch Alias or are even remotely interested in it ! I made my one friend watch it one Sunday - and she thought it was just ok.... I couldn't believe it ! It's my favourite show of all time !! I don't know why people don't like it.... I sure do !

i got my friend to watch ALIAS for the first time last night and she liked it! (of course! why wouldn't she?)

Over the summer My best friend since i was like 4 spent the weekend with me and when alias came on she just rolled her eyes and said "I caont believe you watch this its so boring." I just stared at her. None of my friends watch it. and even if i Open my mouth they already say if its about alias we dont want to hear it. Of corse I did get my Mom Hooked and then eventually I got my sister and My NEighbor hooked so I dont feel like the only person who watches it.

You guys know what this is, don't you? We're obviously just smarter, more creative, and more interesting than other people. We have the ability to appreciate good writing, compelling storylines, kick-ass action sequences, heart-stopping romance, and intriguing characters. We are able to enter imaginatively into a fictive world and become engaged with its stories because we can think on a higher level! We can distinguish between true quality television like "Alias" and pathetic, miserable dreck like "The Bachelor." I don't think I go too far in saying that we, in fact, ROCK!!!! :D

GO US!! :D :D :D

Azalea said:
You guys know what this is, don't you?  We're obviously just smarter, more creative, and more interesting than other people.  We have the ability to appreciate good writing, compelling storylines, kick-ass action sequences, heart-stopping romance, and intriguing characters.  We are able to enter imaginatively into a fictive world and become engaged with its stories because we can think on a higher level!  We can distinguish between true quality television like "Alias" and pathetic, miserable dreck like "The Bachelor."  I don't think I go too far in saying that we, in fact, ROCK!!!! :D

GO US!! :D  :D  :D
Absolutely. You couldn't have said it better!

I wish I could get my husband to give the series a try. I think he would actually like it. He walked by as Marshall was contacting SD-6 and asked, "Why is he FTPing?" as in when he's supposed to be programming. Well, then the answer came--because he was in fact FTPing into SD-6! They really do have some technical basis to the program which my husband could appreciate.

well most of my friends are alias lovers...but bak before they converted me i would get pretty annoyed
(an i still get annoyed when they talk about vaughn for 10 min straight...well i do the same fer marshall...)

I agree with all that Azalea said. I get totally immersed in the show. Watching this show makes you feel smarter and more aware of the world around you.

yes, some of my friends get angry when I talk about it, but most roll there eyes and think I'm really weird for liking a show so much. once my friends made a bet to see how long I could go without saying the word alias....

I only have ONE friend who is as obsessed with it as me, another who is just getting into it, and one who is TRYING to get into it. But when Chadley(my alias friend) and I talk about it at School, everyone rolls their eyes and cirisize us and say that's all we ever talk about(which it isn't) butwho care for gods sake?? We don't do that to them about Friends or Ilimadate or Bachlorette or anything. They are disrespectful and very rude!!! They get on my nerves!!!!!

Don't you hate it when they say stuff like "bet you can't go 1 hour without saying a word of Alias" my only friend who liked it... well LOVED it, she moved!!!

I know! Guys, why do non alias fans have to suck the fan out of it for us, right? :angry: ;)

At work, I have been told to shut up numerous times and listen to Alias bashing. Those guys suck. And my boss even told me that I should be the ad person for ABC, I talk so much about Alias anyway! :D

lots of my friends like alias and 1 is as obsessed as i am but i don't see how people CAN'T like alias... it's just not possible but you see it happening.

Back