Sci-Fi Alien Encounters: Humans Technologically Advanced

In Masters, they did travel here from another planet (I think)
From another planet, Eternia. The 'MacGuffin' that everybody was after was a device that would create a portal allowing the wielder to go anywhere in the universe.

Ah, you're caught up in the Genre classification system.
Just a side-note, I don't care about genres.
I see science fiction in many movies classified as drama, fantasy, war, comedy, etc...

Yes, the mechanical Owl in Clash of the Titans was science fiction. So was the mechanical giant in that other film (can't think of the title atm) where the hero uncorks his ankle during the beach battle.

Then, understanding what I understand of the potential of nanotechnology, many of the so-called Fantasy films now reside firmly in the science fiction domain.

See, as far as I'm concerned, science fiction is not a stagnant genre. That is because science is constantly expanding into the realms of magic.

So, in my search, fantasy, drama, comedy, and any other genre is fair game.
I'm not gunna get 'stuck' on that.
However, being alien (as in not from Earth) is an important detail.
Interacting with Earth normal is an important detail.

I'm looking for the social interactions of aliens and humans but with a very detailed and exacting nature.
There are plenty of human-alien interactions where it happens in the future, where it happens with aliens with no similarities to humans.
I want films that explore the "But For The Grace of God Go I" interactions.
The ones that ask the question "If I were born there, would this be normal" and "If you were born where I was born you would get it".

From another planet, Eternia. The 'MacGuffin' that everybody was after was a device that would create a portal allowing the wielder to go anywhere in the universe.
Adding that to my list of potential films to rewatch.
LOL, Dolph Lungren must be proud.

Ah, you're caught up in the Genre classification system.
Just a side-note, I don't care about genres.
I see science fiction in many movies classified as drama, fantasy, war, comedy, etc...

Yes, the mechanical Owl in Clash of the Titans was science fiction. So was the mechanical giant in that other film (can't think of the title atm) where the hero uncorks his ankle during the beach battle.

Then, understanding what I understand of the potential of nanotechnology, many of the so-called Fantasy films now reside firmly in the science fiction domain.

See, as far as I'm concerned, science fiction is not a stagnant genre. That is because science is constantly expanding into the realms of magic.

So, in my search, fantasy, drama, comedy, and any other genre is fair game.
I'm not gunna get 'stuck' on that.
However, being alien (as in not from Earth) is an important detail.
Interacting with Earth normal is an important detail.

I'm looking for the social interactions of aliens and humans but with a very detailed and exacting nature.
There are plenty of human-alien interactions where it happens in the future, where it happens with aliens with no similarities to humans.
The ones that ask the question "If I were born there, would this be normal" and "If you were born where I was born you would get it".
Good to know that fantasy no longer exists because of you extensive knowledge of nanotechnology.

I am writing a novel on this theme but say 2050s era not too far advanced. Your requirements are a bit confusing e.g.:
  • why are you asking when clearly you are experienced enough I would say to answer yourself?
  • "But For The Grace of God Go I" What do you mean by this?

My novel is an arrival scenario with bipedal beings and a mixture of well advanced tech. trying to expound the various aspects of Human society that would rise up to meet the challenge. Would love to debate scenarios as they are very complex and I'm not that good on politics.

the original 'Jason and the Argonauts'
iron giant named Talos?

06.jpg

the original 'Jason and the Argonauts'
iron giant named Talos?
Yeah, dats the one.

why are you asking when clearly you are experienced enough I would say to answer yourself?
Because I might watch a lot of movies but I haven't seen them all, plus I am interested in knowing if others have the same type of interest. I mean it is a disussion forum, right? At least it was when I joined?

"But For The Grace of God Go I" What do you mean by this?
It isn't a religious notation but more of a consideration.
It says:

I am man, I am like this because I am man. The tools I use and the thoughts I think are because I am man.
Then, to meet a man that is not like me, that thinks different and uses different tools, can I still consider him a man?
If my conditions were different (like his), would I, could I, be just like this other man?
If his conditions were the same as mine, would he, could he be just like me.

In that I mean "man" as a human, not a gender specific homo sapien.
As "conditions", I mean evolutionary conditions.

Right now there is only one human condition that evolved on this planet under these environmental and social conditions.
To meet a human that evolved under different conditions but is still human, what changes would there be and could some of those changes be adopted by the other humans?

Back