Sci-Fi Alien vs. Predator

SecretAgentMan

Caution: Beware of Male
Action/Adventure, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Suspense/Horror and Thriller

1 hr. 27 min.

The iconic monsters from the two franchises battle each other on Earth for the first time on film, as they have in the comic-book world. The discovery of an ancient pyramid buried in Antarctica sends a team of scientists and adventurers to the frozen continent. There, they make an even more terrifying discovery: two alien races enaged in an ultimate battle.

Release Date: August 13th, 2004 (wide).

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for violence, language, horror images, slime and gore..

Distributor: 20th Century Fox

Starring: Sanaa Lathan, Lance Henriksen, Raoul Bova, Ewen Bremner, Colin Salmon
Directed by: Paul W.S. Anderson
Produced by: Walter Halsey Davis, Gordon Carroll, John Davis

Trailers

Reviews

SecretAgentMan said:
Action/Adventure, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Suspense/Horror and Thriller

1 hr. 27 min.

The iconic monsters from the two franchises battle each other on Earth for the first time on film, as they have in the comic-book world. The discovery of an ancient pyramid buried in Antarctica sends a team of scientists and adventurers to the frozen continent. There, they make an even more terrifying discovery: two alien races enaged in an ultimate battle. 

Release Date:  August 13th, 2004 (wide). 

MPAA Rating:  PG-13 for violence, language, horror images, slime and gore.. 

Distributor:  20th Century Fox

Starring: Sanaa Lathan, Lance Henriksen, Raoul Bova, Ewen Bremner, Colin Salmon 
Directed by: Paul W.S. Anderson 
Produced by: Walter Halsey Davis, Gordon Carroll, John Davis 

Trailers

Reviews
[post="965785"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

From the man who ruined the Resident Evil franchise comes a movie garaunteed to ruin two more. (Although Alien: Resurection did that for itself)

I enjoyed it. The actions scenes were well done. I was expecting more action and fighting between the two sides. I have to admit though the last part of the movie did start to get a little funny and cheesy.

AVP was okay but there were a couple things I didn't like. Overall the move was good. But I think that some people that were disappointed at the movie the reason was that they waited for so long for it and then it didn't come out as good as it should of. But I think Resident Evil 2 will be good so two okay movies in 2 months by him so I thought that some parts were funny it just seemed liked the movie was REALLY! short.

ehgripo said:
From the man who ruined the Resident Evil franchise comes a movie garaunteed to ruin two more. (Although Alien: Resurection did that for itself)
[post="966412"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I disagree. Resident Evil was a good flick. If you knew more about the backstory, then I'm pretty sure you'd agree.

G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
I disagree. Resident Evil was a good flick. If you knew more about the backstory, then I'm pretty sure you'd agree.
[post="972222"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Especially the next movie aso follows the storyline for RESI EVIL with Jill Valentine and Leon and Nemesis

What I was trying to say was Capcom took charge of what they wanted the movie "universe" to be. They had an outline of their ideas and presented them to certain directors that they hired to write the script. Among many, George Romero failed to produce the final product that they wanted, therefore he was fired.

Next in line was Paul Anderson. He did his job, what he was expected to do by Capcom and voila! you have RE: The Movie. Basically, Anderson didn't "ruin" the RE franchise. He only followed what he was supposed to do by Capcom.

And the next movie is directed by a different person: Alexander Witt, a 2nd unit director with experiences in films such as Gladiator, XXX, Black Hawk Down, Speed, and many other.

Okay, sorry if that was off-topic. Just wanted to clarify Anderson's involvement.

Also, AvP looks pretty good. It was #1 in the box office so that should tell you something.

It was #1 :blink: it was an okay movie but I didn't think it would be #1 :lol: it was a good movie though. The only reason its PG-13 so younger teens can see it.

I saw Alien Versus Predator the other day.

It was a mildly good Sci-Fi action movie, but there were some big plot holes and a weak cast. It's the kind of movie where you sit back and enjoy the action rather than analyse the plot.

I think that the movie's weakness is not having compelling characters. I could see that Jennifer Garner would have been a better lead actress than Sanaa Lathan, the guide. I didn't feel for her being in danger. And when she had to be brave, I wasn't impressed either. Jennifer has a marvelous talent for seeming vulnerable, but is able to overcome any situation through cleverness and determination.

G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
[post="972222"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

To make a Zombie horror flick you need:

a) Zombies.... check
b) Horror..... and we've gone off the rails right here.
c) A director who can do horror.... and crash.

It was a good movie but it wasn't a Zombie Horror movie as it was put over. The fact that the Nemesis is about as tall as Jovovich (backstage pics) is further proof that Anderson hasn't done his homework.

Well ya Nemesis is the same size height as Milla but I mean he was human to begin with even though he was mutated, I think he can use that as an excuse :lol: I still wanna see Resident Evil 2 a lot 'cause it looks really good! And back to AVP, I agree you don't have to anaylize the plot or anything, it's not a movie that makes you think, "Gee what the hell is going on right now." It's the sit back and enjoy the ride kinda movie. But I still can't get over what happened and how it all happened in like 10 minutes :angry: