Sci-Fi Alien (1979)

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: Alien

Tagline: In space no one can hear you scream.

Genre: Horror, Science Fiction

Director: Ridley Scott

Cast: Tom Skerritt, Sigourney Weaver, Veronica Cartwright, Harry Dean Stanton, John Hurt, Ian Holm, Yaphet Kotto, Bolaji Badejo, Helen Horton, Boris Kempner

Release: 1979-05-25

Runtime: 117

Plot: During its return to the earth, commercial spaceship Nostromo intercepts a distress signal from a distant planet. When a three-member team of the crew discovers a chamber containing thousands of eggs on the planet, a creature inside one of the eggs attacks an explorer. The entire crew is unaware of the impending nightmare set to descend upon them when the alien parasite planted inside its unfortunate host is birthed.
Alien (1979)

Thanks to @Gemma for pointing me in the direction of this collection of photos from the set of Ridley Scott's original Alien movie. The concept art is pretty interesting to see the difference between the first proposals and what ended up on screen.

Personally I love seeing shots like these that show the detail that went into the models used for filming instead of CGI like many modern movies. There is a certain feel to movies done with models that can't be recreated (yet) with CGI that draws me in.