Aliens vs. Predators vs. Humans

Which species comes out on top?

• Aliens

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Predators

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Humans

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Who cares, as long as it's a bloodbath!

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
I just popped in "Alien" this afternoon; I'm gonna start working my way through all the Alien and Predator movies (and Aliens VS Predator!) one-by-one before the new Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem DVD comes out on Tuesday.

I love watching franchises in order - although trying to watch all the Trek movies in one weekend nearly killed me. ;)

Point is, I thought it was a good time to bring back the classic "who wins" argument. It's never been clearly decided in any of the films (or books, I think)... so who better to handle the job than a bunch of random strangers on a message board? :cool:

Whose side are YOU on?

I did not like the Alien vs predator movies, reason. to many humans. they should have gotten rid of the humans and just had exactly what the movie said. Aliens vs predators nothing else and it would have been great.

I did not like the Alien vs predator movies, reason. to many humans. they should have gotten rid of the humans and just had exactly what the movie said. Aliens vs predators nothing else and it would have been great.

I'm kinda hoping for AVP 3 to be set on the home planet for either species... but on the other hand, if we didn't have humans, we wouldn't have had Jesse and her wicked death sequence in AvP:R where she gets cut in half by a Predator disc. (y)

Humans of course!

I'm fine with humans in the films, like the novel series after the initial films. But do wish the films now were placed in the future, like the novels. Get more of that Criddick feeling.

Humans of course!

I'm fine with humans in the films, like the novel series after the initial films. But do wish the films now were placed in the future, like the novels. Get more of that Criddick feeling.

I don't mind the films being set in current times, especially if it's done the way AvP:R was - if you're going to set a movie in "today", make it somewhere we can RECOGNIZE; not just "this takes place today, but in a place that nobody has ever seen", like the first AvP. However, I wouldn't be against them setting the third AvP movie in the future either - which, considering the way AvP:R ended, wouldn't surprise me (perhaps the third movie has something to do with the reverse-engineering of that captured Predator gun, leading to space travel?).

I've watched them all and can't help but feel that, with all the technology they're packing, the Predators should really be the winners.
They just have this sociological weakness that they have to put themselves in a slightly vulnerable scenario as part of some 'rite of passage' (otherwise they wouldn't be in that position at all!)
If they used their best weaponry, the others wouldn't stand a chance.

Just thought I'd add - I finally got my copy of AvP:R yesterday! W00t!

If you're planning on buying it, make sure you get the 2-disc special edition one (it's got a silver cover and says "2 discs" on it); it is WAY better than the 1-disc version. The 1-disc version looked really empty, if you're into special features (I am), and the 2-disc one was only $5 more, plus it came with a copy of the movie for my iPod.

Quote 'plus it came with a copy of the movie for my iPod'

Wow, that sounds excellent - what format did the Ipod version come in and how much memory does it take up?

I wonder if it would play on my XDA 11i ????

Quote 'plus it came with a copy of the movie for my iPod'

Wow, that sounds excellent - what format did the Ipod version come in and how much memory does it take up?

I wonder if it would play on my XDA 11i ????

I think it took up about a gig, and I believe the format was in MPEG-4, but I wasn't really paying attention to that.

I know that you have the choice of using the Digital Copy in iTunes (so iPod), or on any other portable player that uses that Windows certification thing (which most all players have, I guess); I don't know if that would work on your XDA 11i or not, but I'd say the odds are good.

Thanks Razorleaf, you've inspired me to have a go at ripping a DVD movie to my SD card and trying to watch it on my XDA in all its 320 X 240 glory.

But do tell....what did you think of AvP:R ???

Thanks Razorleaf, you've inspired me to have a go at ripping a DVD movie to my SD card and trying to watch it on my XDA in all its 320 X 240 glory.

But do tell....what did you think of AvP:R ???

I really enjoyed it, personally - I thought it was better than the first AVP movie. The Predator was MUCH cooler, and I loved the concept of the Predalien. They went for the R rating in this one, and the difference between AvP:R and the PG-13 rating of AVP really showed in the amped-up violence. Granted, it's very different than some of the previous entries in the series; this one is a bit more like a horror movie, and I think that threw some people off. Still, I think it's a worthy entry in the series, and I was happy to add it to my collection!

aliens of course, cause we as humans have no clue what to expect and will die a most horrible death
Yeah, but humans like to blow things up so as long there is a bunch of materials around that can be made to go "Boom!" then at least some of the humans will survive.

Aliens have the numbers, Predators have the technology, Humans have chicanery, it's a toss up!
Kinda like a "Risk" game with flexible/short-lived treaties. As long as two go after each other exclusively (until exhausted)....3 wins. Until the expected yet unexpected moment when both turn on the one attempting to sit things out.

I choose Predators. Their tech is dominating. It's only a question of how bad they want it.and how much ammo they brought.

I always had the impression that the Aliens had superior tech; certainly they were able to negotiate our ships/bases and cut off power, etc. They're just so awesomely formidable that they don't need weapons.

Mmmm, thats a good question. I'd have to say in a short term war that the Preditors have an obvious advantage in tech and also experience.
Now in a long term war, that is if humans could survive an initial slaughter which is a bit unlikely, I think the humans might have a slight advantage in ingenuity. Afterall, in the first two Preditor movies, humans eventually defeated their Preditor counterparts and also in the Alien movies, the humans usually ended up with the upper hand. It would most likely boil down to humans exploiting a weakness in either race, which we are exceedingly good at given enough time to find a chink in armor.

ALIEN VS. PREDATOR is an attempt to market the old characters to a new generation of moviegoers. Tossing away anything that made earlier entries great, they have been shoved out like a piece of junk food. Sure enough, the film feels marketed, processed and doesn't contain any ingredients you'd be proud of. Like a piece of junk food, I left the theatre feeling miserable and really I just wished I could have thrown up. It's dumb, lifeless, ugly and boring and yet features just enough brainless pummeling to keep those weaned on DRAGONBALL Z interested. This one is strictly for the kids.

Back