Sci-Fi Alita: Battle Angel (2019)

Robby

Helper Bot
Title: Alita: Battle Angel

Tagline: An angel falls. A warrior rises.

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Robert Rodriguez

Cast: Rosa Salazar, Christoph Waltz, Jennifer Connelly, Mahershala Ali, Ed Skrein, Jackie Earle Haley, Keean Johnson, Lana Condor, Jorge Lendeborg Jr., Eiza González, Jeff Fahey, Idara Victor, Rick Yune, Derek Mears, Leonard Wu, Racer Rodriguez, Marko Zaror, Hugo Perez, Casper Van Dien, Billy Blair, Jamie Landau, Dimitrius Pulido, Patrick Gathron, Elle LaMont, Alex Livinalli, Neal Kodinsky, Anthony Bandmann, Alan Trong, Sam Medina, Tod Junker, John Wirt, Darcel Danielle, Emma Lindsey, Garrett Warren, Tony LaThanh, Jorge A. Jimenez, Vincent Fuentes, Ibrahima Thiam, Paul de Sousa, Gregg Berger, David Sobolov, Jeff Bottoms, Michelle Rodriguez, Jai Courtney, Edward Norton, Gene Cervenka

Release: 2019-01-31

Runtime: 122

Plot: When Alita awakens with no memory of who she is in a future world she does not recognize, she is taken in by Ido, a compassionate doctor who realizes that somewhere in this abandoned cyborg shell is the heart and soul of a young woman with an extraordinary past.
Alita: Battle Angel (2019)

Alita: Battle Angel (2019)

PG-13 | 2h 2min | Action, Adventure, Romance | 14 February 2019 (USA)

MV5BNzVhMjcxYjYtOTVhOS00MzQ1LWFiNTAtZmY2ZmJjNjIxMjllXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTc5OTMwOTQ@._V1_UX182_CR0...jpg

Alita is a creation from an age of despair. Found by the mysterious Dr. Ido while trolling for cyborg parts, Alita becomes a lethal, dangerous being. She cannot remember who she is, or where she came from. But to Dr. Ido, the truth is all too clear. She is the one being who can break the cycle of death and destruction left behind from Tiphares. But to accomplish her true purpose, she must fight and kill. And that is where Alita's true significance comes to bear. She is an angel from heaven. She is an angel of death.

Just screened a copy, it was a bad copy but not a CAM.
There was this irritating Chinese web address plastered on the screen tho. LOL

On first view, I'm not impressed.

The graphics looks like a run-o-the-mill superhero film.
The story is nothing special really.
It has lots to look at and a bluray might reveal some hidden 26th century gems but I doubt it.
I don't really do anime or magna. I guess its allure is lost on me.
As a popcorn film, there are much better but I guess it all goes to personal taste.
I'll probably watch it a few more times with a cleaner copy but I'm pretty happy I didn't pay money to see this in theaters.

That being said, If you like fake graphics and post teenager stories, go for it.

Most cinemas where I am show 3D only. My right eye isn't quite compatible with it.

The scene where Alita and the boy climbed on the roof so he could show her the view gave me extreme vertigo!

Interestingly, the violence was very, very high for a film I thought they were allowing young people to watch.

Hi Tim, its been awhile....Hope all is well over there.

Watching this in 3d would certainly be an improvement but I'm still not convinced it would be worth the admission price?

Superhero movie physics just all look the same to me.

I liked the movie a lot. There's some corny dialogue, and the boyfriend isn't the greatest actor, but I thought the actress did a terrific job with Alita, I enjoyed her relationship with the father figure (probably because I have three daughters), and her growth both physically and emotionally. I thought they did a pretty amazing job with the CGI, when seeing the trailer I thought her eyes would bother me, but they didn't, and soon became a normal part of her, to me. I would recommend seeing this in the theater, if there are any showings left.

I enjoyed it myself...but I had no knowledge of the graphic novel before seeing the movie, and hadn't seen any trailers before going to see it. I agree that it seemed like the violence level was rather high for what I assume is the intended audience. Only objection I had to it was that you could almost see the plot twists coming a mile away each and every time.

As a stand alone film (without prior knowledge) it is entertaining, in a way.
It certainly had good production values.
The story and execution seemed too familiar.
Perhaps I am jaded?
It certainly had a similar "Style" of any superhero movie.
While completely watchable, it breaks no new ground.

your opinions here are valued. I was going to watch it being a fan of Ghost-in-the-Shell, the Japanese version, series and all the movies. Then Appleseed and the follow on but since then nothing much. This movie is I think overhyped in the media -not here! critical criticism is valued.

It would take a bit of time...but my thot's about this movie are wayy more than average.
This is a Fantastic movie.
Stellar.
Looking forward to a sequel.

Hello.

I am not sure if a lot of people have seen a movie I have seen recently.
It came out awhile ago now.

It's called an "Alita Battle Angel."
This is a Fantastic movie.

Stellar.

Feel free to respond if you have seen it and have any opinions about it.

The trailer:

Hi.
Not sure if people have seen a great movie I have seen recently.
It's called an "Alita Battle Angel".

This is a very good movie.
Stellar.

Feel free to respond if you have seen it and have any opinions
about it.
Bye

I've heard it's meant to be good.

I often tend to like sci-fi filsm that go a bit out on the limb and get trashed. I loved Jupiter Ascending, for instance. And my favourite film is Dune!

I watched Alita, it was okay. Not the best but certainly not the worst.

Though the cast of the sequel has not been confirmed. But, we can expect most of the characters from the previous season to return for the Cast of Alita Part 2. The Cast include: Rosa Salazar as Alita.

ALITA Battle Angel 2 Teaser (2022) With Rosa Salazar & Lana Condor​

I will be wanting to see Alita 2, I'm wondering if they actually get to the city?
And my favourite film is Dune!
You do know a new Dune movie is coming out this year, right?

I was expecting this one to be darker when I watched it, not so YA-ish. The special effects weren't appealing to me either. I am not a fan of Rodriquez's style he uses in his Shark Boy & Lava Girl and Spy Kids stuff and he used the same style yet again in Alita. Not a bad movie, just not a movie for me.