All kinds of messed up!

Kuzzle

Cadet
...Well, really only one kind. See:

helpkf6.png

Well, that, and whenever I use internet explorer, instead of going to my homepage, it goes to some bogus security site. And, as you can tell, Norton is a piece of felgercarb for not doing anything about whatever is causing the problem. Oh, and I can hit the 'X' button on the top of that bubble, but it comes back about thirty seconds later... Damn bogus bubble. :-L

Oh, and at the start of all this, my computer was telling me about how some new version of internet explorer was available, so I downloaded it, and it's all stupid, so I'm using Firefox. I'm sure that's not what caused the problem, it just adds to the annoyance.

So basicly, how do you do that thing where you reset your computer to the last time it knows it worked? I've done it before, I think...

System Restore under, Start -> All Program -> Accessories -> System Tools. There should be a checkpoint in the last few days you can reset to. Btw, IE is a magnet for malware, spyware, etc. etc. glad you switched to Firefox. And Norton is a piece of felgercarb, I've been using it and eventually I got fed up with a virus I knew I had but Norton would never do anything about. Switch to AVG, it will fix you up. Apparently my desktop, which is protected with Zone Alarms Firewall, Lavasoft spyware remover, Norton anti-virus and my paranoid tendencies still managed to have 15 viruses on it. AVG cleaned it ALL up. It's fantastic. Make sure you use all those programs, they are all fantastic.

I highly agree with Leo's picks. I have AVG for virus-scan and for ad/spyware I use both Lavasoft Ad-aware and Spy-bot search and destroy. Those two programs nicely pick up what the other occasionally misses.

Wether or not you like them...

Microsoft has a GREAT spyware removal tool.

And its free...its still in "beta" though. Jsut do a search for it, do the genuine check and wham-o.

I can recommend it, as I am a kid up to no good, that goes to a small college designed for us kids up to no good, and its proven itself worthy to all of us :smiley:

...Well, I can honestly say that whatever's causing my problem is tough. I set the system back to what it was like before anything was wrong, nothing. I scanned with Norton, Spybot, Avast, AVG, and Lavasoft. Nothing...

*Stabs his computer in the face.*

No, just reformat your hard drive and reinstall your O/S. Save everything that you can't live without on a cd. Be carefull with what and how you restore the saved information off of the cd's.

That would be the ultimate fix and how I would do it, were I in a similar fix.

Yeah, I guess I'll have to dig through the piles of stuff to find the O/S disk.

...Or maybe not. I have no idea where my dad put it. I'll have to ask him when he gets home.

Depending and how strung out you are for time, and if you have no other options let me know. I can help you out :smiley:

...And, I fixed it. Avast! found something, but couldn't delete it, so I went into safe-mode and bitch-slapped the little bastard into submission. A.K.A. Deleted!

Back