Season 5 ALL Sydney pregnancy threads

Oh My! 2 rookies and a baby! We would not be seeing much of Syd for next year :( I love Sydney-Missions!

Mountaineer, what is your status? :D

Special Agent said:
Oh My! 2 rookies and a baby! We would not be seeing much of Syd for next year :( I love Sydney-Missions!

Mountaineer, what is your status?  :D
[post="1415107"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I'm depressed and we haven't even had season four in Australia yet!!

^^^ that sucks! when do you get it?

maybe we show send in some requests to JJ that we'd like to see syd in action :P of couse nothing too strenous though, like a nice soccer punch to the face :lol:

Vaughn said:
[post="1416512"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]

I'm new, so don't bash me or whatever, but I think that the Rambaldi plotline is great. It takes us back to the beginning with prophecy and stuff. It is kind of creepy, but it's a smart idea. As far as miscarriage or stillbirth, I'm not keen on that, but I say she has the baby and a Rambaldi follower snags the child. Of course, that could be an all consuming plotline, but it would give a great idea for a possible series finale. Nobody wants to say it, but everything I've heard says this is the last season, and since JJ thinks way ahead...what a great wrap up, to have Syd and Vaughn ride off into the sunset having found her baby? Possible series ending is probably why 2 new characters are being brought in...so that if the crowd likes them, the show may continue without Garner and others whose contracts are up and unrenewed. Anyway, these are just my thoughts...but if any of you have ever been a fan of Joss Whedon's/Buffy, he says "Buffy in pain, show good...Buffy happy, show bad" Alias is very similar...I like Syd with Angst.

July 26, 2005
By Gary Levin and Robert Bianco, USA TODAY Tue Jul 26, 7:25 AM ET

Jennifer Garner won't have to hide her pregnancy when Alias returns for its fifth (and probably final) season this fall.
That's because Garner's Sydney Bristow also is expecting with Vaughn (co-star Michael Vartan).

Though Ben Affleck's newlywed bride is due in December, Alias creator J.J. Abrams expects she won't miss work on the series, scheduled to resume production Friday. Producers plan to shoot earlier some scenes that would have been filmed during her short maternity leave: "She'll be in every episode," he says.

The decision to write her pregnancy into the plot also means the show can now air largely uninterrupted in its new home, Thursdays at 8 ET/PT, ABC says. An early plan called for the series to air eight episodes, take a long breather and return in the spring.

Is no one else completely devastated by this? What the hell are Sydney and Vaughn going to do with a baby? Babies may be awesome for real life couples, but they SUCK on TV. Uh, let's see...Ross and Rachel, Mulder and Scully, Nate and psycho-b**** Lisa from "SFU." Kids do not great drama make. I think this is a horrible, horrible idea. If JJ had thought of this after season two, I would have said, "Fine. We have faith in you. Go for it." But it's not as if his track record has been that stellar as of late. S3 was s***, and while S4 brought back many of our beloved characters and plotlines, most fans agree that it just wasn't as cohesive as it once was. Is this baby storyline our jumping the shark?

Meredith Welling said:
Is no one else completely devastated by this?  What the hell are Sydney and Vaughn going to do with a baby?  Babies may be awesome for real life couples, but they SUCK on TV.  Uh, let's see...Ross and Rachel, Mulder and Scully, Nate and psycho-b**** Lisa from "SFU."  Kids do not great drama make.  I think this is a horrible, horrible idea.  If JJ had thought of this after season two, I would have said, "Fine.  We have faith in you.  Go for it."  But it's not as if his track record has been that stellar as of late.  S3 was s***, and while S4 brought back many of our beloved characters and plotlines, most fans agree that it just wasn't as cohesive as it once was.  Is this baby storyline our jumping the shark?
[post="1431162"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

you speak the truth.
and didn't it already jump t he shark with season three, which was indeed s*** ?

:Ponder:

I like Alias. But when I watch the first two seasons, I LOVE Alias. Nothing can really change that for me now.

I don't know how it changed so much.

I don't think the pregnancy can be that bad, they didn't think it up as an idea, it wasn't part of the original plan, but Jen got pregnant, and is starting her family now and they thought it best to go that route to maybe keep it realistic (as if Alias can be realistic) lol. But maybe it wont really ruin it, because maybe she and Vaughn wont have the baby till near the end of the season towards the finale if not the finale. Did anyone ever watch the new adventures of super man with Terri Hatcher and Dean Cane? Their last episode before the show went off air was them receiving a baby. so It could still work out really well.

Ok, so Jen is Pregnant, good for her I'm proud of her, but.... Sydney bristow cannot be pregnant.

http://television.aol.com/feature/fall_tv?show=20 click on returning favorites then on Alias.

Sydney Bristow says towards the end "Vaughn and I are having a baby". But isn't that impossible? Sydney bristow had her eggs removed durring her missing two years between seasons 2 and 3. So whats up??

In answer to your question: Nope. Not all of Sydney's eggs were extracted/stolen. She can indeed be pregnant. :smiley:

Meredith Welling said:
Is no one else completely devastated by this?  What the hell are Sydney and Vaughn going to do with a baby?  Babies may be awesome for real life couples, but they SUCK on TV.  Uh, let's see...Ross and Rachel, Mulder and Scully, Nate and psycho-b**** Lisa from "SFU."  Kids do not great drama make.  I think this is a horrible, horrible idea.  If JJ had thought of this after season two, I would have said, "Fine.  We have faith in you.  Go for it."  But it's not as if his track record has been that stellar as of late.  S3 was s***, and while S4 brought back many of our beloved characters and plotlines, most fans agree that it just wasn't as cohesive as it once was.  Is this baby storyline our jumping the shark?
[post="1431162"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
OH eEmM GeE!! I CAN NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE!!! Season 3 was s***!!! Season 2 was the best so far. Especially with Irina and the story then was great. Season 4 was okay I only liked 'MIRAGE', 'SEARCH AND RESCUE', and 'BEFORE THE FLOOD.' Okay MAYBE I'm a Lena Olin FREAk but still!!! I hope 5 would be better but now there's a baby and I hear Vaughn's leaving???I think they're running out of ideas...
:/

I think its a great idea Sydney having a baby!!! I think she'll make a great mom. So will Jen... i wonder how jack will take it when Sydney tell's him she's pregnant, he isn't keen on vaughn, really depends on what vaughn secrets is!! jack won't be happy if vaughn betrays Sydney or left to bring up the baby by herself (he had to go through the same thing when irina betrayed him)...hope irina will make appearances on the new season...she does know something about vaughn so syd might need her for answers...after he dies!!

Back