All Time Favorite Book

Definitely HP! It's the only book series I've ever really loved. The Xanth books by Piers Anthony were pretty good too but I've only read a few. Oh! And Lord of the Rings but I still haven't been able to read the whole thing. It's so long!

I know. I haven't been able to make it through Lord of the Rings yet either. (I'm on my third try.) Tolkien just writes about every little detail and I feel bad skimming it, so I get bored. I really want to finish it though. Maybe I'll do that tonight. I did make it through The Hobbit thought. (With only minimal skimming! :P)

I know there is symbolism in his last name (Finch) because of the whole bird thing. (Oddly enough, so does Tim ROBINson. I thought that was interesting. I read somewhere that the name Atticus is derived from "Attica," a district of ancient Greece. Athens was located in Attica, so maybe there's some symbolism with the fact that he's a lawyer. I know modern law originates from Rome, but I think it had some basis in Greece too, so, maybe that's it. Of course, he philisophic attitude also connects to the immense philosophy in Athens. I don't know if it's that important, or if Harper Lee just liked the name Atticus, but I thought I'd just tell you what I'd read some places.

My favourite book series is Fearless, and my favourite book is probably Long Live the Queen, by Ellen Emerson White (for the moment). I've never read the two books preceding it because I could never find them second- or first-hand, but I really liked this one.

Another favoirite book of mine is called Sophie's World. It's a fiction novel that is almost a beginners course in Philosophy and it is VERY interesting, and the plot is wonderful too. It's the kind of thing that causes your mind to bend like that spoon in the Matrix...an experience within itself.

I know there is symbolism in his last name (Finch) because of the whole bird thing. (Oddly enough, so does Tim ROBINson. I thought that was interesting. I read somewhere that the name Atticus is derived from "Attica," a district of ancient Greece. Athens was located in Attica, so maybe there's some symbolism with the fact that he's a lawyer. I know modern law originates from Rome, but I think it had some basis in Greece too, so, maybe that's it. Of course, he philisophic attitude also connects to the immense philosophy in Athens. I don't know if it's that important, or if Harper Lee just liked the name Atticus, but I thought I'd just tell you what I'd read some places.

Many thankyous for the response but it still doesn't answer my question, its gonna bug me for months now.. ;)

Back