All You Need is One

Chapter 33

Plus, Michael definitely did not want to involve his father in the situation. They found Amelia in the kitchen sipping on some tea. When she made eye contact with them, they both blushed once more. “Sit,” she told them simply, gesturing towards the large oak table with one hand.

Sydney and Michael slowly sat while gulping slightly. Amelia paced the room, sipping her tea at even intervals for another two minutes before she spoke again. “The two of you are over twenty years old and you’ve been in a relationship for a year now, so I’m not going to tell you what you can and cannot do. However,” she said sharply, “I do get to dictate what takes place in my house – is that understood?”

“Yes Mom,” Michael mumbled while Sydney mumbled, “Yes Amelia,” though neither of them looked at her; they were staring holes through the table in front of them.

“That being said, I do hope you will use discretion in the future,” she sighed. She was just about to walk away when she said, “Oh and, that would be the one condition when your door should be shut – and locked.” With that, she left and Sydney and Michael exhaled a very heavy sigh.
Yes, they don't want to involve Michael's dad or Jack. Amelia let them off easy, actually. Basically she just told them to make sure the door is locked from now on.

“I’m gonna kill her,” Michael hissed.

Sydney nodded; she wasn’t even going to bother stopping him that time. “I’ll help.”
I think that is the best line ever. It definitely had me ROTFLMAO

:lol: I had a blast with that update!!!!!!!!

Yeah I think, we've all corrupted our Janet :rolleyes: LOL...
I agree Cookie. She did get a little closer to smut there. We should be very proud.

I agree Cookie. She did get a little closer to smut there. We should be very proud.
:rotflmao: how is that closer to smut?!!? well i suppose its closer then "they kissed [the end]" but... *sigh* you guys are trying to corrupt me!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Chapter 34

After a not exactly relaxing Spring Break filled with many awkward moments, school began once more. Just a week after they’d returned, Sydney was sitting at her computer working on an assignment (aka playing Spider Solitaire), when she heard a very overzealous knocking at her door. Before she could even get up though, Michael burst through the door looking shockingly like Kramer from Seinfeld, at least, in his entrance fashion anyway. “Um… hi,” Sydney said slowly.

“Guess what?” he asked, his grin stretching from ear-to-ear. She shrugged and gave him a confused look. “I got in!”

Sydney squealed. “You got into Penn?!”

“I got into Penn,” he grinned back at her. Sydney squealed, bolted from her desk and jumped up into his arms, wrapping her legs around his waist.

“What’s with all the scream- oh god,” Jessica moaned and covered her eyes when she saw her brother and friend embracing. “Jesus you two, it’s the middle of the afternoon.”

“Jess!” Sydney groaned as she slid down from Michael. “We’re just celebrating! Michael got into Penn!”

“Oh excellent!” Jess grinned. She gave her brother a quick hug before retreating to her room to avoid witnessing any more “celebrations.”

“I’m just so… I don’t even know,” Michael laughed, his goofy grin never leaving his face. “This is so great!”

“I know,” Sydney said before kissing him. “I’m very excited to you. You’re going to go to Penn and become a great, successful lawyer.”

“Assuming I don’t flunk out…”

“Puh-leeze,” Sydney rolled her eyes. “You, Michael Vaughn, have never failed anything.”

“Oh that’s not true,” he shook his head. Sydney gave him an utterly confused look. “Yeah, in seventh grade I failed my project in Tech Ed… yeah, my little metal car totally fell apart.”

Sydney rolled her eyes again. “Yeah, that’s like failing something.”

“I got an F!” he defended.

“Well, I got an F on that project too,” she laughed recalling how her car was so misshapen and mangled it didn’t even roll properly. Michael muttered under his breath and sat down on Sydney’s bed. She walked over to him and sat down on his lap, combing her fingers through his hair. “You are going to do awesome in law school because you love it and you’re totally kicking ass in your law classes now. You’re going to be the best student at that school and I’m gonna be so, so proud of you.”

“Yeah?” he asked, his smile slowly beginning to return.

“Yeah,” she said, nudging him playfully. “So we need to celebrate. You wanna go out to dinner tonight, on me? Anywhere you want,” she enticed with a smile.

He shook his head. “If we’re going to celebrate I definitely don’t want to do it over dinner,” he informed her with a wicked grin. Then, he bit her neck playfully and she squealed loudly.

God,” they heard Jess moan from behind the bathroom door. “I can’t even pee without feeling the urge to vomit. We’re going to have to soundproof that room!” she shouted to them. Sydney and Michael exchanged eye rolls.

~*~

Michael was on his ‘I got into Penn!’ high for two more weeks until the full reality of what going to Penn entailed hit. He realized he needed a place to live and things to live with in that place, not to mention the fact that he was essentially moving across the state. Slowly he gathered everything he needed with the help of Sydney and his parents, which helped ease his moving trepidation.

As the semester wore on, Sydney was too busy to notice how quickly the time was passing. Easter blew by her since she hardly had time to enjoy it at all; she was writing papers. With the week before finals, she finally got a break from her work. Extraneous class work, that was; she still had finals to study for.

One night, she was finally crawling into bed around one a.m. when she heard her cell phone ringing. Groaning, she took her phone out into the hall to answer it so she didn’t wake Cara, who was already asleep. “Oh my god, I’m graduating!” she heard Michael’s voice the moment she grumbled a hello.

“Um… yes…,” she said slowly.

“No, but I’m graduating,” he said.

“Yes…,” she sighed. She wasn’t sure if it was just her exhaustion that was making her befuddled or whether it was actually Michael making no sense at all. “Are you just now realizing this?”

“Yes!”

“Are you freaking out?”

“YES!”

“I’ll be over in a minute,” she sighed. She quietly walked back into her room, grabbed her sweatshirt, keys and ID card, and then left to go to Michael’s dorm room.

When she arrived and walked to his second floor room, she found him pacing the hallways. “I mean… I’m graduating; I’m going to be a college graduate. That means I’m no longer a student!” he exclaimed.

“No it doesn’t. Michael, you’re going to law school – that makes you a student still,” Sydney told him.

“But it’s not the saaaaame,” he groaned. “And law school, god, what was I thinking?! That’s crazy – that’s FOUR more years of school!! Do you know how long that is?! I’m going to be twenty-six by the time I’m done. TWENTY-SIX! That’s more than halfway towards thirty and I’m going to have no money and no job and no place to live and I’m going to end up in the gutters of downtown Philly next to a homeless bum shooting up cocaine!”

Sydney couldn’t help but laugh at this. “Seriously, Michael, you need to calm down. First, I don’t think you can shoot up cocaine. Second, you’re not going to end up in a gutter and being twenty-six and jobless is okay because you’re going to have a degree that’s going to land you an awesome job.”

“You think so?” he asked cautiously.

“I know so,” she told him with a smile. Then, she walked over and hugged him around the waist. “It’s going to be great.”

“Thanks,” he sighed into her hair. “Sorry for freaking.”

“It’s okay,” she said, looking up to him with a smile. “Freaking out is allowed.”

“I love you.”

“Yeah I love ya, too – can I go to bed now?!” she groaned, though she was only half-joking.

“Yeah,” he laughed. She kissed him gently before walking towards the stairway, but before she reached it, he called out her name and she turned. “Thanks.”

“Anytime,” she winked.

*sigh* you guys are trying to corrupt me!!!!!! rolleyes.gif
WHAT....corrupting Janet never...someones shooting up cocaine lol
heha i love that he got in but doesnt that mean he wont see syd as much anymore???

That is awesome that he got into Penn! Unfortunately that does mean he won't see Syd much, which obviously hasn't clicked with him or Syd yet.
Great update

“But it’s not the saaaaame,” he groaned. “And law school, god, what was I thinking?! That’s crazy – that’s FOUR more years of school!! Do you know how long that is?! I’m going to be twenty-six by the time I’m done. TWENTY-SIX! That’s more than halfway towards thirty and I’m going to have no money and no job and no place to live and I’m going to end up in the gutters of downtown Philly next to a homeless bum shooting up cocaine!”

Isn't law school only 3 years??? everyone I know who went to law school only had 3...

anyway.... i feel like this story has been way too fluffy and happy and there are still so many chapters to go.. i kinda feel like something huge is going to happen like... like.. sydney will get pregnant or michael will die or something.

AW Michael is going to be a college grad...but then its off to Penn for him...lol...i loved the freaking out...i just hope that when Michael goes off to his big fancy school he still has time for Syd...great chap

:rotflmao: how is that closer to smut?!!? well i suppose its closer then "they kissed [the end]" but... *sigh* you guys are trying to corrupt me!!!!!! :rolleyes:

We're actually not trying anymore, we already have corrupted you LOL :angelic: I think we did a pretty good job too :P

Oh right the update.... :angelic:

Funny to see the always cool Michael freak out! Poor Sydney... but I remember it's kinda getting to you in some point but I'm sure that their future (with both Michael's and Sydney's degree) will do just fine :P

They can have a house and lotsa 👶 (for cookie's sake)

I agree with derevkointraining.

I feel like you're waiting on some major angst before the end... b/c there's so much to go, and it can't all be happy.

Isn't law school only 3 years??? everyone I know who went to law school only had 3...
yes, that's true, but i didnt realize that until after i had written this and...well, yeah :lol:

anyway.... i feel like this story has been way too fluffy and happy and there are still so many chapters to go.. i kinda feel like something huge is going to happen like... like.. sydney will get pregnant or michael will die or something.

I agree with derevkointraining.

I feel like you're waiting on some major angst before the end... b/c there's so much to go, and it can't all be happy.

ah, young grasshoppers, i have taught you well :angelic:

He shook his head. “If we’re going to celebrate I definitely don’t want to do it over dinner,” he informed her with a wicked grin. Then, he bit her neck playfully and she squealed loudly.

“God,” they heard Jess moan from behind the bathroom door. “I can’t even pee without feeling the urge to vomit. We’re going to have to soundproof that room!” she shouted to them. Sydney and Michael exchanged eye rolls.
hahahah, they should purposefully yell loudly and fake moan and like, bang on the walls and shake the bed.. it would be SOOOO hilarious
I don’t think you can shoot up cocaine
you'd have to be pretty talented...

i've already corrupted my friends, and a few freshmen, and this one fifth grader who hangs out with the frosh... haha, i guess i'm moving on to trying to corrupt Janet...
and i agree with cookie, corruption has almost already happened, Janet just has to realize it and write one smut chapter ad we'd all leave her alone... :P

Vaughn freaking out made me laugh so bad, he was really cute :love: , Sydney made a good job when she calmed him down ^_^
Just a question, how does college work in the US? Because here when you want to be a lawyer you go to a law school right after high school or when you want to study history you study only history and its different subjects for 3 years to have your degree, or you study foreign languages for three years like before you graduate (in my case.)

Back