Sci-Fi Alphas (SyFy, 2010-2012)

BudBrewster

Captain
Title: Alphas

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2011-07-11

Creator: Zak Penn

Cast: David Strathairn, Ryan Cartwright, Warren Christie, Azita Ghanizada, Laura Mennell, Malik Yoba

Overview: Five ordinary people with superhuman physical and mental abilities are brought together to form one extraordinary team of Alphas. Operating within the U.S. Department of Defense, the team investigates cases that point to others with Alpha abilities.
Alphas  (SyFy, 2010-2012)

I love this series and I've watched every episode.

Unfortunately I think I've watched the last one that will be made. I can't find out anything definite about a possible season 3 of Alphas, but Ryan Cartwright (who plays Gary on the show) has tweeted that he hasn't heard anything yet, so he suspects the series has been cancelled.

This is yet another example of a great series being dropped by network executives who wouldn't know a cornflake from a caterpillar.

Bud

The numbers weren't the greatest for Alphas but I'd be surprised if SyFy cancels it since it is cheaper then Eureka and cost was the reason for killing that great show. Warehouse 13 & Haven will be back; other than those two I can't think of what other original scripted shows they'd have left.

... and it is official, Alphas is gone.
SyFy said:
Syfy has decided not to renew Alphas for a third season. We’ve been proud to present this entertaining, high-quality series for two seasons and to work with an incredible ensemble of talented actors, producers and creatives as well as our partners at BermanBraun Television. We’d like to thank the show’s dedicated regular viewers for their tremendous support.

:cool::cool::eek: I know someone who could be a REAL ALPHA!!! Incredible! Maybe that is why it was cancelled. Maybe there are MORE real ALPHAs than we realize!:D He's a VERY NICE guy! He uses his ability like a magician.
Maybe the TV people are just giving us an idea of who is really out there. Maybe in other countries, too.
:eek::eek::cool::cool:

:cool::cool::eek: I know someone who could be a REAL ALPHA!!! Incredible! Maybe that is why it was cancelled. Maybe there are MORE real ALPHAs than we realize!:D He's a VERY NICE guy! He uses his ability like a magician.
Maybe the TV people are just giving us an idea of who is really out there. Maybe in other countries, too.
:eek::eek::cool::cool:

What are his abilities?

:D:cool::cool: He can do telepathy. He can do remote-viewing. He can apport objects. (Taking things away to another dimension, and bringing them back.) He can do telekinesis. :D:D:cool:

Man oh man, this guy have a killer resume'! Imagine what a perspective employer would say when he saw all those nifty skills listed in the "special talents" section.

They have cancelled it, I thought it was really good but they always cancel the good shows and without giving them a proper ending.

:cool::cool: It always seems that if I like a show, it gets cancelled! UGH! :(:(
I liked Alphas very much.:cool:
My wife says I have the same problem! Every show I record on the DVR ends up getting cancelled, some faster than others.

A perfect example was a show called Zero Hour (Anthony Endwards) on ABC. It caught my attention because it seemed to be a National Treasure (Nicolas Cage) and/or The Librarian (Noah Wyle) type TV show, not something seen very often. I had the first three episodes on the DVR ready to be watched when ABC announced that they had already cancelled it. After three shows?! :banghead:

Might be time to get a new DVR then......

ps. Zero Hour, that show was just plain bad. I'll not let your PVR (misguided as it is) take the wrap for that one.

*****MAJOR SPOILER ALERT****

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU PLAN TO WATCH IT END TO END !!!!

Now if you really want to know I can save you some grief!

This is one of the best mutation, super-hero, secret agency type series ever made - up until the last and final
episode - when either the writers, producers, SyFy or I do not know who else to blame decided to screw the
audience and produced one of the worse endings one could imagine.

OK I won't say anymore in case you still want to watch it and read this in spite of yourself.
So here is what I suggest - watch every episode and enjoy - and then skip the last episode
- assume it was discontinued without an ending - Life is too short for us to subjected to a production
company apparently trying to shakedown a network at the expense of its fans !!!!

SCIENCEFICTIONALISM the Way of the FUTURE

This is one of the best mutation, super-hero, secret agency type series ever made - up until the last and final
episode - when either the writers, producers, SyFy or I do not know who else to blame decided to screw the
audience and produced one of the worse endings one could imagine.
I had to think back for a bit to the series finale before the visual of the last scene of the last episode came to mind.... yeah, it was a horrible way to end the series. Either the producers knew the end was coming and didn't care about shutting down the story line cleanly or they got caught off-guard.