Sci-Fi Altered Hours (2016)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Altered Hours

Genre: Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Bruce Wemple

Cast: Ryan Munzert, Briana Pozner, Rick Montgomery Jr., Anna Shields, Christopher M. Sanchez, Thea McCartan, Denise Reed, Skylar Dunn

Release: 2016-11-12

Runtime: 101

Plot: Recovering addict Will Parker experiments with 'Z', a black-market sleeping serum, in order to cure his insomnia. Instead, the drug sends Will's consciousness one day into the future, where he's the prime suspect in the disappearance of a young girl he hasn't even met - yet.
Altered Hours (2016)

I watched this film the other night.
At first I was going to shut it off but I stayed with it and as I watched more I liked it more.
The film turned into a realm of possibilities that really clicked with my imagination.
Time is a perception. It is linear, follows a certain path, point A to point B to point C and so on.
This drug... "Z" is for sleep. It affects some people differently.
For them, the time path gets jumbled. Point A to Point D to point B to point A to point C and so on.
I was thinking it was going to turn into a time paradox film but it didn't.
The star begins to gain control of the phenomenon and uses it to change the future.
It got confusing for me but as the film progressed it made more and more sense.

I liked the film because while I was watching it I wasn't concentraing on the acting, the camera angles, the sound, the lighting or how it was made. I was engrossed in the story being told.
To me, that is exactly what a film is supposed to do.