Amazon Prime Video -- Deceptive Listings?

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
So this past week I finally got around to watching The Legend of Korra which was the sequel series to Avatar: The Last Airbender. Netflix didn't have Korra but Amazon Prime video did. Bingo, added all 4 seasons to my watchlist on my X-Box and off we go.

After watching the first 3 seasons with no problem I was annoyed when the 4th season wouldn't play. What's up with that? Oh, I see now.... to watch the 4th season, even though it is listed in the Prime video selections and available to add to your watchlist and so on, there is a message displaying that in order to watch the 4th season I would need to log into my Amazon.com account and either buy or purchase the 4th season! :banghead:

Now personally I think that is a bit deceptive in that they shouldn't be showing the listing in the search results unless it was actually available to play through Prime. At the very least it should be made more obvious in the search results that the title isn't actually available unless you purchase/rent it. It now makes me wonder out of the limited amount of titles that are actually shown in the Prime video results for streaming how many of them are actually available for viewing with a Prime membership?

Thoughts? Anybody else run into this with Amazon Prime? :cautious:

Back