Announcements AMC Videos Now Embeddable

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Recently while checking out the The Walking Dead season 4 mid-season trailer I noticed that the videos AMC posted to sites like YouTube & other video sites were slightly different from the videos that they posted to their own AMCTV.com site. When viewing videos on their site they allow you get an 'embed' code to post the videos to your own site (using a different looking player) but, as some of you will know, allowing people to post pure HTML in forums is a bad, bad thing.

No problem. I put my geek beanie propeller hat on and came up with a solution that allows you to post any videos from AMCTV.com to here. :bookworm: What that means is if you're browsing http://www.amctv.com and spot a video posted that you would like to share, just click on the little 'video' icon in the editor bar or paste the URL directly into your post!

For example, if you are watching the video at www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/dont-look-back-the-walking-dead then just copy & paste that URL into your post here at AWBM and you'll get the following result! :cool:

Right now it is the videos only and not any of the full episodes they offer since the full episodes are only available for a short time on their site and so posting them anywhere else doesn't do much good since the embedded viewing of it will be 'broken' after the available viewing time expires. :coffee:

Back