AMD Vs Beta signup's

Dyngo

Cadet
So.. I hade this thing in my head for some time.
I have a Dual core AMD 3800+ and it at 2.0 ghz

On many beta signup pages they ask for cpu speed, what would you put as speed?
3.8ghz (as it should be compared to a intel cpu)
or 2.0 ghz (as it is the actual speed)

I usually go for 2.0ghz. but Im not sure if thats what they wanna know? (if I cant put the 3800+ info anywhere (or dual core), theres know way they can figure out what CPU I have as many other "slower" AMD CPU's also work at 2.0Ghz)

Put 2.0 - Processor speed is no longer top dog. This is becoming common knowledge. If there is a notes field, definitely make sure they know it is dual core. I do not think you will be discriminated against for your processor speed. I believe they just want to make sure you meet minimum specs, and, if you have issues, they have a reference of the hardware you use, without having to contact you.

thank you, both of you...

I will keep call it a 2.0ghz cpu then :smiley:
Only the developers requesting a DXDiag knows it all, I guess, hehe

Oh, so that's it..But it never asks for a processor!

And considering it looks like it was for some sort of college thing, I really don't think they meant for people to dig it up again. The website's just such a mess and they rarely seem to update it.

Someone should redo the site or just make a new one and put a link on the old one. And where are the new beta signups??

Fortunately, this site is clear, concise, well organized, and updated daily. Hehehe! ;)

The fact "fans" of this game have created this site, and I see developers posting here, already makes me like this game by the by.

If a fan, who gets no compensation, is willing to keep a forum like this active and very WELL updated... that speaks a lot for the game they love.

I mean, I still know VERY little about it, compared to most here I am sure... but just this simple fact has me super interested and excited.

The fact "fans" of this game have created this site, and I see developers posting here, already makes me like this game by the by.

If a fan, who gets no compensation, is willing to keep a forum like this active and very WELL updated... that speaks a lot for the game they love.

I mean, I still know VERY little about it, compared to most here I am sure... but just this simple fact has me super interested and excited.

I completely agree. Fansites are always the best communities, anyways. ^_^

If I'm not confussed, portions of the GM staff are volunteer. They do things like writing quests and scripts and detail work such as item placement in shops, landscaping and such. The main HJ site still has a call for them up but then adds at the bottom that they're not seeking any more help at the moment. One of you fabulous brighly named folk please correct me if I'm wrong ^^

Also, I think it was here at Hero's Hall that I read that Simu plans to have hundreds of GMs each dedicated to home servers that they're responsible for events, storyline and such. Much like the mentors of DR and GS.

I would absolutely love if Simutronics held a contest for a few player created quests, or lore, or something. I am such an avid writer, it'd be like a dream come true! ^_^

Back