Politics America media rounding on 'Londistan'

noggi16 said:
I won't say what I said outloud when I read that, because its swearing.

That is rubbish. Luton, its known for having an airport. Thats about all thats there.

And I live in one of those northern cities. and yeah we have are own special branch and ANTU but its only because we have rapidly growing muslim populations. I don't know who that bloke is but I'm not surprised he's a southerner.

Thats disortion of the worst order, how scared would that make an american that probably doesn't know where Luton is. Are they trying to wreck our tourism industry?
[post="1420740"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That's someone from over there saying that, it's not the US media making things up. I imagine that they are talking to people who are rather educated on the matter, maybe he's just saying things that people really don't want to hear.

I can't speak for everyone, but knowing that wouldn't necessarily effect my plans to go over there, anymore than finding out that 2 known terrorists attended NC State would deter me from attending that institution.

That's someone from over there saying that, it's not the US media making things up. I imagine that they are talking to people who are rather educated on the matter, maybe he's just saying things that people really don't want to hear.

He's from Kings. He doesn't live in a Northern Mill town with a massive immigrant population. Britain is not a dangerous place to visit. This gives the impression it is.

I can't speak for everyone, but knowing that wouldn't necessarily effect my plans to go over there, anymore than finding out that 2 known terrorists attended NC State would deter me from attending that institution.

And it wouldn't affect mine but the point is it will affect tourism. Look what happened after 9/11 to the American tourism industry.

noggi16 said:
He's from Kings. He doesn't live in a Northern Mill town with a massive immigrant population. Britain is not a dangerous place to visit. This gives the impression it is.
[post="1421211"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Saying that Britain is not a dangerous place is sort of an opinion I think. You can say it is, but there is danger everywhere. Just because you live in a certain, safe area doesn't mean the entire country is safe.

noggi16 said:
I don't know who that bloke is but I'm not surprised he's a southerner.

I think you are letting your prejudice against southerners get in the way of the fact that everywhere in Britain can be dangerous.

Saying that Britain is not a dangerous place is sort of an opinion I think. You can say it is, but there is danger everywhere. Just because you live in a certain, safe area doesn't mean the entire country is safe.

Britain is a safe place. Obviously there is crime but you are no more at risk of a terrorist attack than any major city in America or anywhere else in Europe. And as I think I stated I live in a Northern Mill town with a massive immigrant, both first and second/third generation immigration from Pakistan and Bangledesh.

I think you are letting your prejudice against southerners get in the way of the fact that everywhere in Britain can be dangerous.

No its not a prejudice against southerners, in fact I've just spoke to one, its the fact without living here, it is difficult to understand community relations which are at there best for years, espeically considering the riots a few years back. Which makes the timing even more shocking.

Back