AMERICA!

Since sone people did not understand this topic last time I will better explain.

Is America the greatest country on Earth. Why or why not?

This is a easy way to say this is "No the united states is not the best country in the world"

United states may be a POWERFUL country but its not the best because you hold the most nukes. I can see why you would be patriotic towards the us because at this point its known to be the most powerful nation but you have lost sight in what matters.

The best country in the world could mean many things for many people.

United states for people who love power

Canada for people who love peace and prosperity

Japan for people who love science and progress

countries in Europe for people who love to respect the past

countries in Africa for people who love nature

and of course Brazil for people who love night warrior.

By the looks of it you like Power. You feel that being a US citizen means your more inportant then others because your from the (in your words) Best county.

I on the other hand am not patriotic over Canada i just live here because i feel its the best place to live as a normal guy. If i had to choose to be patriot over something it would be the planet earth. What ever my fellow man has achieved i am proud of.

Who agrees?

P.S everyone who thinks this is spam is wrong because avenged is aloud to post his opinion. It may be a stupid statement/question but he has the right to say it.

The common misconception that people who believe that the U.S. Is the greatest country because of our military prowless is a very understandable statement: we had saved te world in WW2 from the Nazi's, helped to stop the spread of communism, and the much overlooked fact that today te U.S. Military is the greatest peacekeeper in the world (in that if war is started the threat of U.S. Involvement scares off possible enemies).

But no those reasons are not why the U.S. Is the greatest country, it's because of our worldwide influence in terms of culture and economy. The U.S. Culture is seen in many different countries. From our Northern allies in Canada to our old enemies the Russians, even Japan who have been making important technological advancements share many of te elements of our culture. Our influence is seen in our donations to foreign aid where we have donated nearly 295 BILLION DOLLARS. This money goes to places such as Africa, Haiti, and the much understated poor countries in Asia. The money that the U.S. are donating make strides towards the development of disease control in Africa and reconstruction in Haiti. With that in mind you will notice that without the U.S. donations where would these countries get their money since other countries can not even approach our donations by citizens.

In short our economic, cultural and military peacekeeping shows how the U.S. is the greatest country on Earth.

But you also have to look at the other side of the coin:

Your country is also one of the most violent in the world!

I'm not going into detail right now because I'm at the airport right now and I'm about to board my plane, but suffice to say that you have meddled and started wars for nothing. Eg: Iraq

Actually the Russians Won the European theater BECAUSE they were the ones who took berlin and killed the last of the Nazis while the U.S. had to take on the Japs and droped two nukes that killed less people than the Fire Bombing at Dresden and the Seige of Lenningrad USSR won the Second world war and in my opinion the best country is or was the Orignal Soviet Union Before Stalin is Lennin lived a bit longer the whole world would be the Soviet Union right now

To say the soviets beat the Nazis is absurd. The Nazis more or less lost the war for themselves by breaking their alliance with Russia and being forced to hold down two fronts.

@Night warrior

So are you saying that the toppling of Sadams Hussains regime was an entirely violent action and do honestly believe that leaving is easy. America is still in Iraq because we offer security to the new government and if we were to abandon them they would with no doubt fall apart. You also can not say they we do are not trying to prepare ourselves to leave as we are doing our best to train armies in both Iraq and the much more hostile Aganistan. You also must realize that all wars are violent and that even the wars with just causes (WWII for example) still have crimes such as rape, torture, murder of the innocent, and murder of the guilty. While I am not justifying these crimes you cannot point them out if you do not also look at the tragedies in other wars with an identical view point.

The problem with you is you have been brainwashed like many Americans has before you. If you believe that the US is peace keepers then you are mistaken.

Your the correct example of a bad guy in a movie. You believe that as long as you have the bigger gun then the others you can keep charge of everything. Last time i checked canada was way more peaceful trying to bring everyone together and resolve our differences rather then just taking out the enemy. We also are known for sending ALL our resources to other country that need our help.

Also yet again you have failed to see the bigger picture. You look at what the country does in the world and yet cant even keep there own people from killing each other or dieing of sickness.

The death rate is huge over there and the average income is low. So once again... you just put your foot in your mouth.

Also to say the Russians won WWII is just stupid, they retreated in WWII just like they did in WWI. Also of course we dropped two nukes on Japan, if we didn't they would have never stopped attacking us, they would rather keep attacking us then disgrace their ancestors by surrendering.

Also Tye, of course our income is low, we are in a recession, if it doesn't turn around soon it will be another depression, which just means we will actually start a war, as in the past we have gotten out of a depression by going into WWII as it increases the amount of people who work etc.

But also if to turn the coin, I would have to say the U.S is the safest country around due to our Monroe Doctrine.

Also to say we are the most violent can be true and false at the same time, look at Israel and Iran going at it, Israel is lying about not having nukes when of course they do and when the time comes will use it on Iran who has also lied about enriching plutonium to make nukes.

Also at least our people don't go around bombing innocent people with car bombs or anything of that matter just because we don't like the other persons religion unlike the extremist Muslims.

Tye I know where you are coming from saying that I am "brainwashed" but you must also realize that you are also brainwashed in regards to how you view America. You even said yourself that you and your friends always make fun of America and to say that that constant thoughts of America sucking being pounded into you head did not have an effect on your current opinions is absurd.

Now what you dont understand about the U.S. being the great peacekeeper that it is is that it is not the effects of it's physical intervention that makes us peacekeepers but the fact of how powerful we are to possible aggressors. For instance take Israel, this small country has been attacked more times by it's neighbor then any others nowadays. So do you really believe that the effect of the U.S. being an ally of Israel has no effect on Jordan, Lebanon, or Iran. We have kept Israel from being destroyed by our physical intervention (supplying Israel with the best weapons available) and the more important alliance between both of us. Another example, South Korea. Since North Korea and South Korea split after the Korean War they have been enemies. War is always a possibility for these two countries and neither lacks the military prowless to cause major damage, so why hasn't war broken out? The United States Of Motherfucking America that's why! NK knows that if it goes to war it will be crushed by America and will lose it's "independence" to the South. America saves millions of lives just by being allies with these countries in the brink of war.

Now then I have to say I was intrigued by your point of death rates so I did some research and what I found will surprise you. The U.S.'s mortality rate is actually great compared to other countries around the world. Take for example Russia who has a rate of 16 (deaths per 1000 population), Germany at 11, Italy at 11, Sweeden at 10, Denmark at 10, Belgium at 10, Finland at 10, Austria at 9, Norway at 9, Japan at 9, France at 9, Spain at 9, and the U.S. At 8 while Canada sits at a 7 (source is the UN). What I am getting at is that these rates do not matter to quality of life as a list made by Newsweek place Norway,Finland, Denmark and Sweeden in it's top 10.

Ok then you say stalingrad and the battle of Kursk went the truning points? Kursk was the last Nazi Offensive of the war and the LARGEST TANK BATTLE IN HISTORY! Also name one thing the Americans did besides D-Day and the Bulge? but you are right about the russian retreat but in Lennin Grad was their war factory center and the only reason the seige took place was because they were getting all of the factory supplies to another city and after that was done they collasped and another thing the Soviets just didnt want anypart of this war other the their half of Poland that was it russia was also fighiting a losing battle with Japan once we took japan the russians focused on Hitler and Stalin DID NOT want to give up stalingrad for more then the reason it was named after him. This was also the time when the t-34 tank was let lose on the Nazis and thus leading up to the last Nazi Offensive at Kursk and from there on in itwas a cake walk into Brelin and NO AMERICANS WERE IN BERLIN TO HELP TAKE IT! They were in Japan or shipping out to Japan and Tye i tip my hat to the Canadan army on D-Day evne though i think they just got off the boats and walked up the beach with little to no opposition. I do give the canadans credit to helping the 101ST. Airborn on D-Day +1.

NAME ONE THING THE U.S. DID BEYOND D-DAY AND BATTLE OF THE BULGE?!?!?!

The U.S. Army managed to take all of Europe taking back all of France and pushed their way to what is now the check(I know that's not spelled right) republic, pushed north in Africa, freed millions of Jews, and single handedly crushed the Germans. The soviets were lucky in that they were fighting a defensive war until they smelled weakness and began to push towards Germany and in all honestly were terrible soldiers and are sooooooooooo overstated. The U.S. Soldier however was trained by the best to be the best and very often lived up to expectations. You must also realize that the t-34 was a stolen German tank design. It would also be important for you to know that what the soviets did and how they brutalized German CITIZENS is absolutely terrible and ANYBODY who runs around saying "IM A SOVIET!!!" really needs to look at the war crimes that were committed.

The Soviet Army was not a Army but a group of untrained thugs who committed unforgivable travesties and cannot compare to the glory of The U.S. Armed Forces.

OR THE gorram CORPS, WHOO RAH!!!

Some nuts are tough to crack. Looks like i need to put less explaining and simplify it for you.

The U.S is what it is today because they make money from war. Everything you know today is military funded so when you think your peacekeeping for your own sake by fighting in a battle thats called "using other peoples problems to your benefit" if the U.S did not make any money from war they would not give a damn about any other country. Also north Korea can attack because its got support from other powerful nations.

Witch one is better? A world full of nations like united states or a world full of peaceful nations like canada?

Unlike the neighboring US, Canada has never cancelled its relations with Cuba and has declined to take part from the Iraq War. instead, it has played a leading role in the United Nations peacekeeping missions and helped to launch a $1.5 billion initiative to help develop vaccines that could save millions of people in poor countries.
See what canada does? Why force the enemy into surrender when you can just be nice and offer help?

United states: "frack that guy over there hes bullying that kid im going to threaten him and kick his ass"

Canada: "That guy seems to have some problems ill try and work things out with him"

Also why my friends and me make fun of united states is because every time we went over there everyone was so stuck up saying how great the United states was but when we went over there and watched TV it was just funny how they brainwash you into being patriotic. Hands on your hearts for the national anthem?

Once again i say enjoy the power before china takes it from you
<

Yes but the soviets got away with it because of what the Nazis did to them if the 6th army was at Normandy or anyof the beaches D-Dday would have been a disaster but hitler wanted soviet oil and sent his elite units to try and take it but failed what im saying is the US was killing undertrained troops while the soviets had to fight the elites and the soviets only wanted poland and were gonna leave it at that but it was hitler who decide he wanted more land as a aprt of one of his plans and he attacked Russia with the 6TH army if he used them on the beaches WWII would be a Nazi victory

The U.S. Government does not profit from wars infact we have spent 92 Billion Dollars in Iraq and only made 16 Billion. However that is not to say that some private groups do profit. The Private Company Blackwater was one of those companies and since videos have leaked showing their brutality they have faded and will soon disappear.

And No, despite NK being backed by China they still will not attack. Why? Because China knows that if it goes to war with the U.S. It will lose and with that in mind China is constantly trying to keep it's crazy little brother (NK) under control. So when NK shelled SK shores it was not the U.S. Who threatened NK but China because they understood that if this was to go any further war would ensue and China would suffer because of their alliance.

And regarding your quote. That's nice how you spend 1.5 Billion but America spends nearly 20 Billion towards the curing of AIDS in Africa.

I have never argued Canada being a great assist for the help in places like Africa but those tactics DO NOT work with NK or Iran. If you went and tried to talk to NK they would shoot you in the face. You also misunderstood how America protects countries because we never threaten North Korea or Iran but silently stand behind those they are bullying so they know that if they try to beat up said country they will also have to deal with the US.

And sure you can say that you think that saying the pledge is absurd because you are under America's wing of safety being so close but people around the world would give anything to say the pledge and be safe in America.

For China to take control of the global market like America would take years of U.S. inactivity so trust me it won happen anytime soon.

After consenting a few friends about this convo they made a good point...

Why do i try to convince an brainwashed american into thinking there not the best? You want to believe that the U.S is the best so bad that you will do anything to fight it and will never give up. I can give you loads and loads of info on why the US is the reason for many problems (example: 9/11 was your own fault).

I would never want to live in the United states because of crappy jobs, Drugs everywhere, bad health care, Shootings every day and all that felgercarb. I believe Canada is the best place to live and because i say Canada is better then united states in this area that means that United states is not the best nation.

You are blind and theres nothing i can do to help you so i'm not going to try.

Canada is a peaceful nation...if everyone was like that then by now we could be 1000 years ahead of where we are now.

Last post, Done with this debate.

Your missing the point. It's not "what if" the world was like Canada because if that was true the world would be a better place. So America is needed to control the more unruly of countries and does a much better job keeping it's citizens safe than any other.

Back