American Dreams

College boy's name is Drew.

JJ and Beth set a date for their wedding. October 25, I think. Also, JJ is PFC now.

Patty skipped a grade (I can't remember what ep this happened in), so now she's in HS.

AlohaSpy said:
The biggest thing that happened is that two episodes ago you found out that Sam's mom had cancer, and then last week she died. I cried so hard! And Meg is dating the college boy (I forget his name), Beth and JJ are still engaged, and Will is probably going to get an operation on his leg to fix his polio. Also, Meg went to a free speech rally and Roxanne had a party at her house the same night and her new boyfriend (who works on American Bandstand) is in a band. I think that's mainly it, let me know if I forgot any major points!! I  :love: American Dreams!!
Thanks a bunch, AlohaSpy!

I really haven't been watching thies show for that long so I guess I'm not the best candidate for giving you background on it, Kate, but here goes:

The show is basically about a family (the Pryors) that live in the 1960s. The parents, Helen and Jack Pryor have four children: JJ, Meg, Patty and Will. JJ is out of high school and just joined the marines. He recently got engaged to his girlfriend, Beth. Meg is a senior (I think) at a private High school and apparently is now dating a college guy named Drew. She has two friends that are major parts of the show, Roxanne and Sam. Sam is African American and, it being the 60s, is sometimes discriminated against. His mom died of cancer recently. The Pryors' younger daughter, Patty, is really smart but doesn't really have a lot of friends. Will is sick and has to wear leg braces. Jack (the dad) owns a store and I think Helen just got a job, but sorry, I have no idea where.

That's a really basic plot overview. Please don't let my boring summary stop you from watching it. If you want more info, you can go to the American Dreams section of nbc.com or you can just click on my link (assuming that it works):

http://www.nbc.com/American_Dreams/about/index.html

Sorry if any of that information is wrong. I can't help it. ^_^

thanx for taking the time to type that out! i watched it last night but i couldnt figure out how the 2 families were connected! i thought it was a good show though! thanx a bunch! :D

Nobody's written in a while so I thought I'd revive this thread, lol, mainly cuz I have to vent about JJ going to Okinawa!! I'm soo sad!! And Will's getting his surgery, I am so scared for the both of them!

Id din't see AD the last couple weeks, but I'm looking forward to watching it tonight. I'm scared for JJ and Will too. I can't wait to see the episode.

They've only started to show American dreams here in australia. but here they call it "our genertaion". They're just about to air the episode "The fighting Irish".

So is JJ in the marines now?

ps. Will Estes is HOT but he'll never beat MV!

I've only seen about 6 episodes of this show, although I didn't find out till today it was called American Dreams, down here they've called it Our Generation.

Yes I love the themes song I have the soundtrack its amazingly great! My dad, since he grew up during the sixty's, loves the show and it's grown on me. I'm soo scared for JJ I just saw the season finale here in the U.S. If anyone saw it...please respond I'm dying to talk to someone about how they ended it!

Plus, I had been a big fan of the band Hanson for a while, and the whole time American Dreams has been on the air I haven't even realized that a song they wrote and sung (they write all their stuff themselves) is PERFECT for American Dreams: JJ's world in Vietnam. It's basically concentrated on war. Check it out:

This Time Around by Hanson. U guyz should check them out-THEY'RE BACK! Remember them? The guys who were Mr. MMMbop Pop? Now they're totally rock and u should check out their website hanson.net they're totally different totally changed totally new-amazing comeback album!

I'm feeling older and I'm wondering why
I heard they told her it was tell and live or die
I didn't know her but I know why she lied
I didn't know her but I know why she died.

You can't say I didn't give it
I won't wait another minute
We're on our way this time around
And we won't go down

I heard them say that dreams should stay in your head
Well I feel ashamed of the things that I've said
Put on these chains and you can live a free life
Well I'd rather bleed just to know why I died

And we won't go down
And we won't go down
And we won't go down
And we won't go down

All I know is that fear has got to go
This time around

I've started feeling like I don't want to fight
Give in to the given and put out the light
Cannons a blazing shower these moonlit skies
Then I remember and I know why he died
Do you know why I'd die

And we won't go down
And we won't go down
And we won't go down

no1secretagent said:
it sucks! they've taken american dreams off the air in australia!!! nooo... it was such a good show!
oooh im sry!! well, the season finale was a couple weeks ago...i miss it so much!!! we're learning about okinawa at school and its soooo sad! i hope jjs ok!

i know the ended it so early! its gona be a long wait and im so wondering wats going on wit JJ! I do love though how the ended it by freezing the frame in stone, like a big piece of history that was great. But its so scary and nerve-wracking cuz it's just him draggin his last man into that tunnel, not knowing what's in there, what's been stopping everyone else, what he's gonna face when he reaches it--OMG I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE SEASON PREMEIRE!

I watch American Dreams. I think it's a farely good show. Being lazy and not getting up after watching that first got me to stick around for Alias. lol. Anyways, I cant wait for the premere this Sunday! :D

scope said:
Anyone else watch american dreams on nbc at like 7/c?  i watch that then alias durning the normal tv season.
[post="1004278"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Merged with existing topic. ;)

I can't stand this show, but I might watch the premiere to see how they deal with the beginning of the "peace movement." I also LOVE the song used in the promo for the premiere -- anyone know the name of it? It goes "start a revolution, start a revolution!" Hehe I know that's not much to go on...

ETA: Found it! It's "Revolution" by Aimee Allen. Good stuff. ^_^

Did anyone else catch tonight's episode? The last few minutes made me bawl! Next week is going to be equally sad, I think.

The whole Meg-Chris thing is too cheesy, I think. Plus, Milo Ventimiglia's character is too much like Jess on Gilmore Girls, who I couldn't stand.

Back