Reality TV American Idol 3

Really, it doesn't matter who wins at this point. I mean... Clay lost, but he still has his clan of Clay-mates. We will see both Fantasia and Diana until we're sick of them.

That said, I only heard the last songs of both of them (though I know that they both sang their second songs... Diana's Enough is Enough and Fantasia's Summertime... very well, 'cause they always do), and Diana was out of tune for much more than 3 notes. The whole middle half of her song was funky. She got it figured out, I'll hand it to her, but Fantasia's last song was amazing (she had only one held out note that was kind of off). But the consensus seems to be that Fantasia is too much like Macy Gray... though I disagree... so I still contend that Diana will win. She is squeeky clean American. 'Cause you can bet that there are some voters out there shaking their head at Fantasia because she's a teen mother.

I like Fantasia's voice... it's original. Her voice has texture, like Aretha Franklin, Etta James, and Billie Holiday. Diana has a strong voice, but it's shaped from years of voice lessons and to me, it's not memorable. She doesn't put enough emotion into her songs... just power... and her low register does get funky sometimes. And Fantasia is just all attitude.

I can't help wondering, though, what La Toya would have sounded like, singing the Tamyra Gray song. :lol:

Joyie said:
Well, Fantasia just won.
:o_O: :(

I was hoping that Diana would win, as I'm not the biggest Fantasia fan (understatement :P ). But, I was happy for her when she sang her last song. When Diana sang the single about 20 minutes ago it gave me chills, she has an amazing voice for a 16 year old!

Oh, it was so sweet how they just held onto each other forever after the announcement! We definitely didn't see that with Ruben and Clay last year. (I think they hugged, just not as long.) Fantasia sounded great singing the winner song, but I predict we'll all get very sick of it before long. We've already heard it performed four times in two days! But I like it better than the singles from the last two years.

And when did Kelly Clarkson get so good? I've never been a huge fan of hers, but she sounded REALLY good tonight. I also liked the song that the four of them (Fantasia, Diana, Ruben, and Kelly) did together.

*sigh* Just like Alias, we have to wait until January for the next season. Let's just hope America doesn't run out of talented people to audition!

AugustSnow said:
Apparently the difference between the winner and the runner up is 1%.
Okay, double posting, but I just noticed this. How come they haven't announced the vote totals this season? I wasn't a regular viewer last season, but every time I tuned in, I remember them giving the percentages. And during last season's finale, they mentioned how many votes separated the winner from the runner up on the air. I wonder why they're not doing that anymore? Are they just afraid they'll get it wrong, like Ryan Seacrest did last year?

i dunno something about Fantasia's voice just... bother me ;) Especially when she sings summertime. It's nice and all but i'm just so used to hearing that song in a really clear bright voice instead of Fantasia's... i dunno... but she does sound too much like Macy Grey (sp?) *shrugs* I wanted Diana to win but kudos to Fantasia ;)
--mandy :angelic:

UGH!

i'm never watching this show again...it's so obvious that the judges made fantasia win.

as soon as diana sang that song, i knew she wasn't the winner...why would they have made her sing twice?

Regina, officially retired from watching American Idol unless America actually has a say in who wins :angry:

I felt bad for Diana having to listen to the judges comments of Fantasia. "This is your acceptence speech" is what Simon said ... if I were Diana I would feel horrible -_-

something else I noticed was at the very end Ryan was like "This is certainly the night of Fantasia..." as he puts his arm around Diana...I just felt so bad for her because I don't think it was handled fairly at all...

uhhhhhh this is felgercarb
Diana is so much better than Fantasia
The judges totally made everyone vote for Fantasia - they are all so freakin biast.
I swear im not watching idol next year - it just sucks (i mean im gonna watch the auditons cuz the crappy ppl are funny as hell but no more!)
and whats up w/ them not giving the percents?!?! how wierd is that.... :thinking:

Existentialist said:
Really, it doesn't matter who wins at this point. I mean... Clay lost, but he still has his clan of Clay-mates.
this is true and im definatly a Claymate for life :P

I think diana will definatly be successfull

And oh yeah i cant help but wonder - what would have happened if it was down to la toya and fantasia....

regina_alias said:
i'm never watching this show again...it's so obvious that the judges made fantasia win.

as soon as diana sang that song, i knew she wasn't the winner...why would they have made her sing twice?

Regina, officially retired from watching American Idol unless America actually has a say in who wins :angry:
America does say who wins. The judges, in fact, have no say. All they get to do is express their opinion. Who were beside themselves when Jennifer and La Toya were voted out? Um, the judges? It was the voting segment of America doing the voting.

And, if America cared about their opinion, it's pretty obvious that La Toya London would have made it a lot farther, perhaps to the final two.

If anything, America tends to vote contrary to what the judges think because a sympathy factor enters in. I think that's part of why Jasmine made it as far as she did. She's extremely likable--and, let's face it, the judges' comments made her cry the one week. Same for John. If the judges had anything to do with the voting, he (and JPL) would have been out a lot earlier.

The fact is, both Fantasia and Diana are good. However, the judges believed that Fantasia had a star quality that transcended the competition. If they didn't say what they thought, what are they even doing there? If you don't like that, I fully support your decision not to watch and I suggest you turn to something without judging, if any such animal comes to exist.

But why get emotionally attached to the final results? I figured that whoever lost--particularly if it was Fantasia (because of her unique style)--would still do very well. If you love Diana, look for her CD and buy it. Attend her concerts. Heck, Clay Aiken seems to be doing even better than Ruben Studdard. Winning might not even matter. It's only a contest. Are you her sister?
-_-

I'm so sad that Diana didn't win. Fantasia is a great performer but her voice is a little too screechy for me - but that's just my opinion.

Diana rocks, she is going to have a great career! Does anyone here chat on idolforums.com? This is my sig on it.

Go Diana!!! Her cd had better be released here in Oz!!!

Kelly

Back