American Wrestling

A sad bit of news for any fans of the old ECW...Mike Awesome has died (n)

He was a former 2 time ECW Champion...for a big guy he could move!

Very sad news this, I have been hearing that it's a possible suicide..very very sad if thats the case. Sheesh both Awesome and Bam Bam Bigelow dying in the space of 3 weeks, too many have died too young, like Kerry Von Erick (Texas Tornado), Curt Hennig "Mr Perfect" ,Rick Rude, Davey Boy Smith, Eddie Guerrero, Owen Hart, Bam Bam Bigelow, "Flyin' " Brian Pillman, Louie Spiccoli...the list goes on, the majority of these wrestlers didnt make it past 45 :shocked:

It is very sad (n) i don't know what were the causes of his death. Like we all know about Eddie Guerrero died; because of heart failure. Also heard about Bam Bam, but how did he pass away? :(

Awesome really made a name for himself in ECW, in WCW i don't think he will really made it to the main event. I think he had a short spell at TNA as well :thinking:

It is very sad (n) i don't know what were the causes of his death. Like we all know about Eddie Guerrero died; because of heart failure. Also heard about Bam Bam, but how did he pass away? :(

Awesome really made a name for himself in ECW, in WCW i don't think he will really made it to the main event. I think he had a short spell at TNA as well :thinking:

Not sure myself how Bam Bam passed, maybe heart problems too?? Oh I also forgot to add Chris Candido to the list of wrestlers who've passed away too young.

On a brighter note, the late Curt Hennig or 'Mr Perfect' will be inducted into the WWE HOF at Mania 23...about time too! He was one of my faves as a kid watchin WWF...Loved his line: "Nobody beats Mr Perfect......NOBODY!!" or "The Perfect Mind....the perfect body...and the perfect record..hahaha."

I now the whole population that follows wrestling is now incredibly sad that Test got fired. Well, actually if doing a happy dance is being sad, then I was sad. ;)

I just read somewhere the most hilarious thing ever: WWE wants Ashley Massaro to be the face of their women's wrestling division and she is scheduled to win the Woman's Championship at Wrestlemania. That's the funniest thing I have ever heard; giving the belt that now has at least some prestige (it's been recenly carried by talented WRESTLERS like Trish, Lita, Mickie and Melina) to someone who has earned herself the nickname Botchley, because she can't execute a simple maneuver like the huricanrana without frackin it up. Ashley is up there with Great Khali as the worst wrestler WWE has on it's payroll and now she's going to be the champion...:wtf:

I now the whole population that follows wrestling is now incredibly sad that Test got fired. Well, actually if doing a happy dance is being sad, then I was sad. ;)

I just read somewhere the most hilarious thing ever: WWE wants Ashley Massaro to be the face of their women's wrestling division and she is scheduled to win the Woman's Championship at Wrestlemania. That's the funniest thing I have ever heard; giving the belt that now has at least some prestige (it's been recenly carried by talented WRESTLERS like Trish, Lita, Mickie and Melina) to someone who has earned herself the nickname Botchley, because she can't execute a simple maneuver like the huricanrana without frackin it up. Ashley is up there with Great Khali as the worst wrestler WWE has on it's payroll and now she's going to be the champion...:wtf:

Test, I'm in no state of shock about...nor am I moaning his departure, I found him overrated by many people, and I would classify him personality wise like Mike Knox 'ECW's Black Hole of Charisma' :lol:

Ashley it seems is going down the Sable route to the Womens belt, getting her tits out on a PPV and posing for Playboy...give Melina & Mickie a decent feud first please, its just getting good!! Botchley :lol: :lol: Kind of like Jericho's old nickname for Goldberg...Greenberg!

I so loved Jericho's nicknames...They were so funny (Trash Stratus, Kirk Angel, Mitchell Cole....) :D

I like Jillian's Brooke Hogan gimmick, I laughed like crazy during No Way Out. She can work it, I hope this gimmick lasts and WWE let's her wrestle proparly.

Yeah...I was surprised how good Jillian is on the mic..would like to see more!

LOL Jericho's names were hilarious, lets see how many I can remember

Baldcore Holly, Elroy Jetson (the late Crash Holly), Mitchell Cole , Mike Henry, Raisin,Kirk Angel, Stone Cold Steve Assclown, Hoot n Toot Guerrera, Quasi Juice, Stinko Malenko, Greenberg, Tony Skiovane, Scheme Gene, Vance McMahon, Edgeward, Rakakishi, Stephy-Baby, Fithy Dirty Disgusting Brutal Skanky Bottom Feeding TrashBag Ho

To name but a few...I did have a link to a page which had hundreds of nicknames, the ones in bold are classics!

I so wish that Jerry Lawler started cheering heels again. Raw is so boring when both of the announcers cheer faces. Lawler was really funny a couple of years ago. He should be more like JBL, who is in my opinion the best color commantator since Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan.

* Some of my favourite JBL quotes:

During the Bra and Panties contest at Armageddon:

Cole: Oh my...
JBL: Stop saying oh my...like you give a damn.

* When sylvan shouted something in french

"What Did He Say? I Surrender?"

Cole: No he didn't.

Sylvan shouts again

" He said he surrenders again! Ring the damn bell ref!"

Cole: Shut up he didn't say that!

"No you shut up! Thats all the french say!"

* About Jillian during the Armageddon lingerie contest

JBL: I'll have to hire her back. She wasn't any good at taking notes, but look at her...hoott
Cole: Will you bring her to ringside with you?
JBL: I''ll bring her everywhere with me, including my divorce proceedings....

*"I hate the frenchman because he's french, I hate Jimmy Wang Yang because he thinks he's a redneck and I hate you because I have to sit next to you every stinking week!" (To Michael Cole about Sylvan)

The man is such too funny :D

Lawler spends most of his time ogling the breasts and asses off all the divas, when he was a heel commentator I liked him, when he and JR used to argue a lot

JBL I am liking as a colour commentator, anyone who repeatedly calls Mitchell Cole a jackass, and ridiculing him at every turn is a good guy!!

Another WrestleMania is now over. Here's what I thought about the PPV:

-One of the worst WrestleMania's that I have seen in years. Two good matches, one decent and the rest was complete felgercarb.

-I hated Cena vs HBK, pretty okay match until HBK tapped out to STFU? :wtf: The same finish than last year, just a different DX member facing superman Cena.

-Taker vs Batista was a lot better than I though, actually an entertaining match with good spots and brawling. Everyone knew the ending, but I still liked this match.

-Money in the bank ladder match was the best match of the night, it was awesome. I'm so glad Kennedy won it, I marked out for his win :smiley: Matt was awesome as usual, I can't love that guy anymore than I do already. :love:

-Battle of the billionaires was felgercarb, boring and predictable. Nothing more to say honestly...

-Ashley vs Melina was the shittiest women's match I've ever seen in my life and considering that I've seen most of Jackie Gayda matches, that's saying something. It was like 4 minutes, filled with botches and Ashley looked like someone who had no idea what she was doing. The match felt soooo long because it was crappy and slow. Vince, please fire Trashley, she's not good at anything.

I didn't like this wrestlemania as much as I liked the previous four. This one is easily one of the weakest WM's in history alongside WM9. (That one had both Giant Gonzales and JR in a toga)

Another WrestleMania is now over. Here's what I thought about the PPV:

-One of the worst WrestleMania's that I have seen in years. Two good matches, one decent and the rest was complete felgercarb.

-I hated Cena vs HBK, pretty okay match until HBK tapped out to STFU? :wtf: The same finish than last year, just a different DX member facing superman Cena.

-Taker vs Batista was a lot better than I though, actually an entertaining match with good spots and brawling. Everyone knew the ending, but I still liked this match.

-Money in the bank ladder match was the best match of the night, it was awesome. I'm so glad Kennedy won it, I marked out for his win :smiley: Matt was awesome as usual, I can't love that guy anymore than I do already. :love:

-Battle of the billionaires was felgercarb, boring and predictable. Nothing more to say honestly...

-Ashley vs Melina was the shittiest women's match I've ever seen in my life and considering that I've seen most of Jackie Gayda matches, that's saying something. It was like 4 minutes, filled with botches and Ashley looked like someone who had no idea what she was doing. The match felt soooo long because it was crappy and slow. Vince, please fire Trashley, she's not good at anything.

I didn't like this wrestlemania as much as I liked the previous four. This one is easily one of the weakest WM's in history alongside WM9. (That one had both Giant Gonzales and JR in a toga)

I liked half of Mania 23

I hear ya about Ashley-Melina...was utter bollocks, put Mickie James back in the title mix, Ashley sucks (and no I dont mean that area of the body :lol: ). This match was the time where I made summat to eat :smiley:

Umaga-Lashley was felgercarb, nice to see Vince shaved bald, hopefully he'll frack off now and give his wrestlers more air time :lol: Seeing Austin stun Donald Trump was funny even though Trump cant sell the stunner for felgercarb :D

HBK-Cena was a great match, well the 2nd half was anyway, I wanted Michaels to win tho...loved the piledriver on the steps that was cool!! But I still hate Cena with a passion, I think you have to give Vince McMahon head to get a win off Cena, please somebody beat him soon :angry:

MITB was a bit 'spotty', but VERY cool nonetheless, I hope Edge is ok (Jeff Hardy is a moron!), that looked a sore one! Matt was great in this match, I hope he gets a decent push. I wanted Edge to win, but I had a feeling Mr Kennedy would win it

Kane vs Khali was shite, and its not Kanes fault he tried to get a watchable match out of the lumbering oaf...but even Benoit would struggle to make Khali look good, instead of this match Carlito and Naitch should have been on the Mania card proper :angry:

I'm glad Taker is the champ now, was a pretty good fight

Loved that backstage skit with Cryme Tyme, was cool to see the Slicksta and Big Dust, dancing!! Slick was great back in the day, and did I spot IRS and also Ricky Steamboat??

My hopes and dreams after WM23:

-I want to see Melina drop the belt to Mickie at Backlash next and then trade Jillian from Smackdown and have a killer feud between two of the best workers in WWE. And preferably a feud that has nothing to do with jealousy, WWE always bookes jealousy as a factor in a rivarly between women and it's really old and sad.

-Taker can now retire after a few months and drop the belt to Kennedy who cashes his MITB contract. I'd love to see Mr. Kennedy as heel world champion. It would rule.

-Bigger push for Matt Hardy, who worked his butt of in MITB match. He needs to feud with Benoit for the US title. Those matches would be awesome and interesting.

-More firings: Torrie Wilson, Trashley, Khali, Extreme Expose. Get rid of them and the roster would be so much better! :smiley:

Yes Wrestlemania 23 was alright but who saw after, on Monday Night RAW when HBK threw Cena over the rope eliminating both and relinquishing the World Tag Team Belt to the Hardys. And last night seeing New Breed win at ECW.

I was so happy when the Hardyz became the Raw's tag champions. Finally the championship is being held by a real tag team, who would have thought that was ever happening. Matt Hardy is finally a champion again :happydance: :love:

IMO Matt should be the IC Champion, way more deserving than his lesser talented brother.

Cena....go away please

Vince...I'll use stronger language for him, Vince McMahon please frack off of our TV screens, you're a great heel boss, but we're getting McMahon overkill, if he becomes ECW Champion at Backlash...I will stop watching

Agree with all those firings by the way (y)

Any of you watching Backlash tonight?? I have a funny feeling that Lashley will win the 3 on 1 Handicap Match vs McMahons & Umaga, courtesy of an assist from that new IC Champ, the Italian guy Santino something.

And I am praying for an Edge WWE title win...and a Mickie James Womens title win :D

Yay, finally Jillian Hall is drafted to Raw. I'm doing a major happy dance right about now.

On a sadder note, WWE Hall Of Famer Sherri Martel has passed away. She was only 49. RIP Sherri

Yay, finally Jillian Hall is drafted to Raw. I'm doing a major happy dance right about now.

On a sadder note, WWE Hall Of Famer Sherri Martel has passed away. She was only 49. RIP Sherri

Very sad news about, Sherri, used to love watching her, such a talented woman! RIP Sherri

Jillian on Raw...cool, Jillian-Melina anyone :D

And, does anyone really beleive that Vince McMahon is actually dead, the character yes...maybe, but the real McMahon's well and truly alive. Good news is he's off TV.....FINALLY! But not sure about this 'angle', whats the bets it ends up the guys from Jackass had something to do with it...I'm positive I saw them in the background just before Vince got in the limo :thinking:

Very sad news.........Chris Benoit, his wife and one of his sons were found dead in their home yesterday

I am stunned, other than Jericho, Chris Benoit was one of my faves, cant beleive he's dead :(

Back