Americans In Paris

Sadly, I don't own Alias.
It's my first story, please read and review!

This is sort of after Higher Echelon and before the Getaway, but there's no more SD-6.

Chapter 1

“I’ll see you back in L.A.”
Vaughn sighed and gave her one of his sad, half smiles. He hated it when she said that, but he knew if she didn’t leave now he would tell her everything.
“Bye,” he said softly as her heels clicked away. “Get a hold on yourself, Michael,” he told himself. But he knew that it was useless. He had had this conversation with himself many times. He had tried not thinking about her, he had tried to keep his mind on what they were supposed to be talking about, but every time he looked at her, looked into her eyes, he found a glimmer of hope. The look in her eyes encouraged his feelings, as much as he tried to dismiss-
“Vaughn?”
His head snapped up. Sydney was standing a few yards away, looking at him curiously.
“Are you okay? You look kind of stressed,” she said, stepping closer to him.
“No, I’m fine. It’s nothing. Uh, was there something we forgot to talk about?” he asked, wondering why she hadn’t left to catch her plane.
“Well, I just have this problem. I tried talking to Francie about it, but she didn’t understand. You’re realy the only one I can talk to.”
“Of course, you can talk to me about anything.”

Sydney smiled. How could she say this to him? Oh, he was looking right at her. She couldn’t concentrate when he was this close, looking right through her with his gorgeous green eyes. She dragged her eyes away and focused on her shoes, spiky red leather shoes that matched her short dress.
“Well….There’s this guy” she said. Vaughn seemed to tense beside her. “I…we used to work together. And we were friends, but I always felt like we should have been more. The place where we worked wouldn’t let us date, so neither of us ever brought it up, but now we don’t realy work together. Anyway, I realy want to tell him how I feel, but I’m scared that he won’t feel the same.” Vaughn was frowning. Why did he care who she loved?

Vaughn sighed. She was in love with someone else. But she deserved to be happy, and it wasn’t like he had done anything about his feelings.
“Tell him. He will feel the same. Trust me. How could he not feel the same? You’re amazing! You’re smart and you’re funny and you’re so beautiful-“ He stopped suddenly. How could he have said that? She was blushing.

She couldn’t believe he had said that. She wished she could tell him the truth, he almost looked disappointed about her imaginary man. “Don’t be silly,” she told herself. “He has a girlfriend.” Alice. That’s what she told herself every time she got lost in his eyes. Alice. They sat there a while, not saying anything, absorbed in their thoughts.

:rolleyes:

I love it!!!!!! That was soo good. When will you write more??? Please let it be soon. That was really good!!!!!!!! I love Vaughn!!!

Chapter 2

“This is not acceptable, Agent Bristow. This agency has ignored the silly flirting between you and Agent Vaughn, but it has gone far enough. There is no need to meet with him every day. And if I find out you’re breaking protocol, I’ll-“
“You’ll what? You’ll fire me? You wouldn’t have the guts” she said angrily. “I will date whomever I want to.”
“What’s going on?” she heard someone say behind her. Spinning around, she saw Vaughn. She couldn’t tell him what she and Kendall had been talking about.
“Uh, nothing” she said quickly. Kendall rolled his eyes and walked away, calling over his shoulder, “Think about it Bristow.” Sydney shook her head.

Vaughn put his hand gently on her shoulder and led her away from the center of the busy room to a corner. He was concerned. Kendall was a jerk and tended to be oblivious to human emotions.
“Seriously, Syd. What was that about?” he asked. Sydney sighed. This was her opportunity to confront him, but could she?
“He was just…questioning our relationship. He sort of threatened to fire me.”
“He what? Just because we’re friends?”
“No, because we meet too often and he thinks…” Sydney paused. “He thinks we’re more than friends.” There was an awkward pause in the conversation where neither of them looked at the other.
“Syd?” said Vaughn.
“Vaughn?” said Sydney at the same time. “You go first,” Sydney said, laughing.
“I wanted to talk to you about what I said earlier. About how amazing you are. Although I meant it, it was out of line and I didn’t mean to put you on the spot like that.”
“Don’t be silly. Your opinion means more to me than anyone’s. And your advice helped me decide what to do about that guy.”

Vaughn’s heart broke, thinking of Sydney telling some jerk how much she loved him, but he tried to hide his feelings.
“So, what did you decide to do?” he asked.
“I’m going to tell him how I feel” she said, stepping closer to him. “I’m just scared”
“Syd, you’re the bravest person I’ve ever met!"
“Vaughn, I have to tell you something,” she said nervously. Vaughn was startled. Was she going to say what he had been fantasizing over for a year? Could it be him?

“Hey! What are we talking about over here?” Weiss’ cheery voice interrupted Sydney.
“Weiss, not now kay?” Sydney said, glaring at him.
“Oh come on! Include me in the conversation.”
“Go away!” snapped Vaughn.
“Okay, okay. But if Kendall sees you two together again he’s gonna blow a blood vessel.” Weiss walked away.
Vaughn looked at Sydney, willing her to continue.
“I have to tell you something” she repeated. “The guy…it’s…it’s you.” Vaughn’s eyes widened and he felt his mouth open. “Vaughn?” Sydney looked worried that she had made a mistake.

“Syd, I feel exactly the same way. I was just afraid you wouldn’t feel the same and we’re not realy allowed.” Sydney felt a grin tugging at her mouth and smiled at him happily. She stepped closer, put her hand on his shoulder and leaned up to kiss him. Vaughn lowered his head, but stopped, suddenly aware of where they were.
“Syd, we can’t do this here. Someone will see.”
“So? What are they going to do, fire me?”
“No, Kendall can’t afford to lose you. But what about me?” Then his lips were on hers, a soft, sweet kiss that lasted a few seconds but went on for eternity.

Suddenly, a voice interrupted them.
“Vaughn! What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Jack was walking towards them looking even more unhappy than usual. Weiss was standing nearby mouthing, “Sorry!” at Vaughn.
“Dad…” Sydney started to say something, but was speechless.
“Sydney, what are you doing? You know very well the rules of this organization. And you! How dare you take advantage of my daughter!” Jack’s face was turning a little pink. They had rarely seen him this angry.
“Dad, he wasn’t taking advantage of me. I kissed him.” Sydney tried to defend Vaughn.

“What? Why?!?” Jack was bewildered by this. He knew that Sydney and Vaughn were close, but not this close.
“Because I care about him…I love him” Sydney said, shyly looking up at Vaughn.
Vaughn looked at her, amazed. “You love me?” Sydney nodded and smiled at him. “I love you too. I’ve loved you since I met you!” Jack looked at the two of them, looking more and more bewildered.
“I didn’t like you when we met. But then I got to know you.” Sydney looked into his eyes and found herself kissing him again.
“Wooh! Way to go Balls of Steel!” Everyone looked over at Weiss, who was doing his happy dance. Jack looked unamused and glared at Vaughn.
“Ugh, this is going to make your mother so happy.” he said. “I guess if you truly care about eachother I can’t do anything about it.”

:D

LOL! "balls of steel", lol. THis is really good, write more. Though I don't think they would have ever kissed st the CIA, but hey, I still like. Post more. (y)

lol. :lol: love the balls of Steel. but Jack seemed a little too easy on letting them just 'love' each other.
--Mandy :angelic:

I know Jack was pretty easy on them... Maybe he's just trying to be an understanding father for once! I have the next chap written, I just want to fix it up so I'll post it later.
Thanks so much for replying, everybody!

oh! is it called americans in paris because they are in love in america, even though paris is the city of love? sorry! i'm getting really into your story. balls of steal. lmao! i love weiss. jack was really nice to them about it. nicer then he was to vaughn in the first season when he held a gun to his head. any who. i am blabbing! lol! i can't wait for more. love ya babe~goofygal~

“Ugh, this is going to make your mother so happy.” he said. “I guess if you truly care about eachother I can’t do anything about it.”

Chapter 3

“Well, I can!” boomed a voice from the other side of the room. They all looked over and saw an angry bald man storming towards them. Vaughn sighed and looked worried. Sydney slipped her hand into his and gave him a little smile.
“I warned you Bristow. Better start cleaning out your desk, Agent Vaughn.” Kendall seemed almost happy to have finally caught Sydney and Vaughn breaking protocol.
“I’m not working with any other handler!” Sydney said angrily.
Weiss had walked over and joined the conversation. “I wouldn’t recommend splitting them up sir,” he said, “They actually care about eachother, and they work well together because of it. Besides, I think Syd’s gonna do some damage if you cross her.“

Jack had regained his composure and decided that he would try to be a supportive father for once. “I’m afraid I have to agree with Weiss. They do work well together, and I don’t see the harm in them…seeing eachother” he said with a grimace.

Sydney smiled at her father, who nodded. Kendall was looking furious.
“I don’t care what you think, Jack. These two are breaking protocol and I will not ignore it any longer. Agent Vaughn, you will accompany Sydney on her mission as previously planned. Agent Weiss, you will tag along and keep an eye on them. When you get back, we'll have a little meeting with Devlin.”

“You’re sending Weiss as their chaperone? He’s the one who encouraged this!” Jack said incredulously.
“I did no such thing!” Weiss said with mock horror, winking at Vaughn and Sydney again.
“So what are our aliases?” asked Vaughn, laughing. Kendall handed Weiss a paper with their instructions before spinning on his heel and walking away, arguing with Jack.
“Says here, you’re…Matthew and Scarlett Heron.” Vaughn’s heart leapt. He and Sydney were going to Paris, the most romantic city in the world, and they got to pretend to be married?
“Woah,” said Weiss. “Uh, sorry you guys…You’re brother and sister! Apparently I’m your cousin and we’re all going to visit some relatives.” Sydney and Vaughn looked at eachother, disbelief on their faces.
“Oh great. Now we have to hide our feelings for eachother some more.” Sydney said.
“Well, we’ve been doing it for a year now, it shouldn’t be so hard!” Vaughn said, trying to brighten the situation. “When do we leave?”
“Tonight” replied Sydney. “I’d better get packing, see you later.” She started to walk away, then turned to look at Vaughn. She grinned and gave him a kiss on the cheek, then walked out.

Vaughn smiled. He was in heaven! “Dude, way to go!” said Weiss. “I can’t believe you finally told her how you feel. Took you long enough!”
“Shut up,” said Vaughn, laughing. “I’ll pick you up later. Bye!”
“Bye, Mike.” Weiss shook his head. He was happy for the two of them. They should have been together for months now.

Dingdong! Sydney’s door bell rang. She ran to get to the door before Francie, but despite her CIA training, she wasn’t fast enough to beat out Francie’s curiosity. Francie opened the door as Syd ran into her. They collapsed on the floor, giggling. (sorry, good Francie not evil Freplica)
“Um…” Vaughn was standing on her front step, not knowing whether to come in or not. Sydney stood up quickly, brushing herself off.
“Come on in. Francie, this is Michael, from the bank.”
“So you’re Michael. It’s nice to finally meet you.” Francie said, shaking his hand. “You’re right, he is hot cute!” she whispered to Syd. Vaughn heard her and raised his eyebrows, questioning.
“I’m ready. Bye Fran, see you later!” she said, grabbing Vaughn’s hand and pulling him out the door.
“Bye Syd. Have-“ Francie was cut off by the door slamming. Sydney and Vaughn walked to the car. Sydney went to the passenger door, but saw Weiss already there, grinning at her. She opened the door and said, “Okay, back seat.”
“Oh, man! You’re not going to let her talk to me like this are you, Mike? Mike?”
“You know she can kick your butt, right Eric?” Vaughn said, starting the car. Weiss got into the back seat, grumbling. When they arrived, Weiss was still grumbling. “Okay, Mike” he told his friend, “No flirting anymore. You’re brother and sister until we get back.” Vaughn groaned.
“Well, I guess I should kiss you now…since I won’t get to for another three days.” He smiled at Sydney who laughed and kissed him. They walked inside happily.

The flight lasted forever, a whole 7 hours. Midway through the first movie, Vaughn fell asleep. Sydney quietly lifted the armrest between them and settled her head on his chest. Soon most of the people on the plane were snoring and the lights had been turned out. She sighed happily and looked up at Vaughn.

That explains why it's called Americans in Paris. Plus I just love that movie! Sorry about the brother and sister thing, too. It's just that everyone always sends them off on missions as a married couple. ^_^

Back