Americans In Paris

Chapter 8

“So how was the mission? Did everything go as planned?” The three of them nodded at Kendall. “Weiss, you kept an eye on them, right?”
Weiss grinned. “Yeah, I kept an eye on them. And they were very well behaved. Although I walked in one morning and Sydney was wearing-“ Weiss was interrupted as Vaughn elbowed him in the side. Kendall did not need to hear gossip about what Sydney had slept in…or rather, what she hadn’t.

Kendall narrowed his eyes and glared at the three of them. “I meant what I said, Agent Vaughn. The director is going to hear about this and he will decide what to do with you. Come with me, please.” Vaughn made a face at his back. Sydney smiled and kissed him on the cheek.
“I meant what I said too, Kendall!” she called. “I won’t have any other handler.”

Jack walked over to where Sydney and Weiss were watching Vaughn walk away. Weiss saw him and quickly walked in the other direction, suddenly very busy.
“Sydney, what’s wrong?” Jack asked, seeing the concerned look on her face.
“Kendall and Vaughn are going to see Devlin. Isn’t there something you can do? You’re a senior officer, Devlin will listen if you ask him not to fire Vaughn” Sydney pleaded.
“Are you sure it’s good idea for you two to be working together?”
“Yes!” Sydney practically yelled. She sighed and lowered her voice. “Vaughn and I have felt this way about eachother for a long time and it hasn’t affected our work yet. Besides, we’re adults and we are going to date no matter what Devlin’s decision is. I hate this agency and Vaughn is the only thing that keeps me sane!”
Jack looked at the plaintive look she was giving him and couldn’t refuse. He desperately wanted to be closer to his daughter, he just didn’t know how. Trying to accept her relationship was a start, he supposed. “I’ll see what I can do” he said and walked off.

“Hey Syd. Are you okay?” Will asked, coming through the front door and spying her on the couch.
“Oh, it’s just work. My boss is trying to fire Vaughn” she explained.
“What? Why?”
“It’s all my fault, Will!” she cried. Will sat down beside her and gave her a hug. “We sort of kissed in the middle of the CIA and everyone saw. We’re not allowed to date, it’s against protocol. And I want to be with him, but I don’t want him to lose his job!”
Will was stunned. “Wow. Since when are you two together?”
“Since three days ago, I guess.”

“Who have you been with for three days?” Francie asked, walking in and joining the conversation “Ooh, how was your trip with that Michael guy?”
“The trip was great, but now Michael might lose his job because we kissed in the middle of the office. In hindsight, it was a pretty stupid thing to do.”
“You kissed?!?” Francie was happy for Sydney, but her face fell when she saw how distressed her friend was. “Oh Syd, I’m sorry. Do you want to come to the restaurant with us and take your mind off it?” she asked.
“No, I’m okay here” Sydney replied. She would just interrupt their fun. Just then Sydney’s phone rang. She lunged for it, checking the number. Vaughn!

“Hello?” she said.
“Joey’s pizza?”
“Hey Vaughn, what did they decide?”
“Well, I still have a job” he replied happily. “But when we’re in the office we’re supposed to pretend we’re not dating.”
“Oh, are we dating now?” Sydney teased. “As I recall, we haven’t gone on a single date yet.”
“Well… would you like to go for dinner tonight?” he asked.
“Sure, but it’s already like 5:30!” she said.
“Well, I’ll be there at 7, okay?” he replied.
“All right, bye.” Sydney hung up and grinned at Francie and Will, who were watching her intently from the couch. “He didn’t get in trouble and we’re going for dinner in an hour and a half!” she exclaimed. Francie jumped up and hugged her tightly.

“Wait. Did you say an hour and a half? You have to get ready, let’s go!” Francie said frantically. She grabbed Sydney’s hand and hauled her into her room.

Sorry for not pming anyone, but I didn't have time. I just posted this one tonight because I might not get a chance tomorrow night. enjoy!
~kate

Wow, kate jones. I'm very impressed. Is this the first story you've written, b/c it is really good! Although at some points, Syd is a little OOC, but other than that, it's good!

~Me :angel2:

hey kate_jones! I got online at school today and got your pm then and I was so excited! so I went straight to the webpage and I must have said something like "awww, that's SO sweet!" (which it was, awesome piece of writing girl!) 'cause my teacher was al-of-a-sudden peering over m shoulder going :what are you doing!?!?!?" so all day I was like "ahhh! I have to get home and read the new bits of kate's fic!" well good job!

;)

That was a really good chapter, i like syd's friendship with will and francie - k juz so i catch up, does Francie and Will know about the CIA or do they juz know that Vaughn works with Syd? And............ francie isnt freplica is she??? sorry if i shud know this but ive forgotten!
Please could someone enlighten me? ;) Thanks ;)

i so loved this chapter. francie is the normal francie? right? it seems like she is but i'm not sure. and does will know about the cia and is he okay with them dating. sorry that was a lot of questions, but i am trying to make sure i got all of this info in order! i can't wait for more sweetheart! love ya babe~me~ :Ph34r:

Okay.
1. Francie is not Freplica
2. Francie doesn't know about the CIA, Will knows (because of Taipei and all)
3. Who cares if Will is jealous of Vaughn? Sorry, Will is... not my favorite character.

Thanks for all your posts! :blush:

Chapter 10

Sydney and Francie emerged from the bedroom an hour later.
“Wow, Syd. I mean, wow” said Will from the couch. Sydney spun around, showing off her simple black dress. Her hair was half pulled back (like JG wore to the Oscars) with a clip. She laughed at Will’s reaction and at Francie, who was standing in the doorway looking proud of herself.
“Geez, you guys. You don’t have to act like parents watching their little girl go on her first date! You’re making me even more nervous!” she exclaimed. She was actually very anxious about going on a date with Vaughn.
“What are you so nervous about? You’ve already kissed, so you don’t have to worry about that. You already know he doesn’t have anything wrong with him, some kind of personality disorder, right? So you have nothing to worry about!” Will said from the couch, grinning.
Sydney and Francie exchanged a look. Guys just didn’t understand anything sometimes.

Vaughn stood outside her door, his hand reaching for the doorbell. He was pretty nervous about this, although he couldn’t imagine why. He hoped he wouldn’t do anything stupid to embarrass himself. Vaughn had spoken to Weiss before he left, and could still remember his advice. “If you want to get yourself invited inside after the date, just ask if you can use her bathroom. That way, you’re already in her house and she can’t just kick you out!” Vaughn shook his head at Weiss’ advice. He always knew exactly the wrong thing to say.

Dingdong! The three of them froze. Then Sydney and Francie both sprinted for the door. Sydney won this time and opened the door, out of breath.
“Hi” she said shyly.
“Hi. Do you two always run to the door?” Vaughn asked her. Sydney and Francie looked at eachother and giggled.
“Not always. Just when there’s a guy on the other side. Especially if it’s a hot pizza guy, right Fran?” Sydney told him. Francie glared at her, remembering her 80-yr-old pizza guy.
“I see. Oh, hey Will” Vaughn said. Will waved from the couch and went back to watching TV. He was happy for Syd and he liked Vaughn, but he wasn’t ready to watch Sydney go off with another guy. Sydney grabbed her purse and went to the door. “I’m ready” she said. Vaughn smiled and opened the door for her.
“Bye you guys! I won’t wait up, Syd” Francie called as they walked out.

Getting into the car, Sydney got curious. “So where are we going?”
“Paris,” he replied with a mischievous grin. “I told you I’d take you there, didn’t I?”
Sydney smiled back at him. She couldn’t help but grin like an idiot when he gave her one of those knee-weakening smiles. “Vaughn, come on!”
“Why don’t you call me Michael?” he asked. Sydney was caught off guard. She didn't call him Michael because….
“I don’t know” she admitted, shrugging. “Maybe I’ll start. But tell me where we’re going.”
“You know I’m not going to tell you, right?”
“Vaughn, if you don’t tell me, I’ll-“ she threatened. Vaughn laughed at her and kept driving. She shook her head. Maybe a surprise was better.

They pulled up to a restaurant in downtown L.A. Sydney got out of the car, looking around her. “Now are you going to tell me where we are?” she asked.
“Le Beau Jolie” he told her. “Since you had a burger in Paris, you’re going to have French food in L.A.” He smiled at her and led her inside.

“Can you believe how rude that waiter was?” said Sydney, giggling.
“I know. Did you see the look he gave me when I asked for a salt shaker?” Vaughn replied, laughing with her. They drove into her driveway and got out of the car. Sydney grabbed his hand as they walked up the sidewalk. As they reached the door, he gave her hand a little squeeze. They stood there just looking at eachother for a second, taking in the moment, then Sydney started giggling.
“What? What’s so funny?” asked Vaughn.
“It’s just that before I left, Will told me that I didn’t have to worry about a goodnight kiss because we’ve already kissed” Sydney admitted, blushing.
“Well, Eric was giving me advice on how to get myself into your house so you wouldn’t be able to kick me out! Only he would spend time thinking about things like that.” Then Vaughn remembered all the countless hours he had spent daydreaming about Sydney. He looked up at her and saw her blushing. “Oh, I mean…” he stuttered. “I wasn’t going to do it. But Will was right, I am going to kiss you.”
Sydney smiled as Vaughn leaned over and kissed her. She felt like a teenager for the second time that night as her knees went weak. “Lucky his arm is around my waist,” she thought to herself. Then she just got lost in his passionate kiss.
Suddenly they heard a shrieking coming from the house, then a thumping sound and a slam. Vaughn pulled away, looking up at her house with a puzzled look.
“Was that Francie? Do you think she’s okay?”
Sydney rolled her eyes. “The shriek was her looking out the window and seeing us. Then she realized that we heard the shriek and she fell off the couch, ran to her room and slammed the door so she can pretend to be asleep when I come in.”
Vaughn looked at her. “She’s done this before?” he asked.
“Only every time.” They smiled at eachother again. Vaughn couldn’t help it, she was so beautiful!
“I love you, Sydney.”
Sydney’s smile widened. “I love you too…Michael. Goodnight.”
“I’ll see you tomorrow.” Vaughn said. He walked back to his car and heard more shrieking coming from the house. Obviously Francie had given up on pretending to be asleep.

Francie was jumping around and talking so fast that Sydney couldn’t help but laugh.
“Omigod Syd, he’s so hot! And he seems so nice! Is he a good kisser? Where did you go? What did you eat? How long have you known this guy? Why didn’t you invite him in?” Francie asked all at once.
“Um, we went to a French restaurant, we ate food, I’ve known him for a year and I might have invited him in if you hadn’t been thumping around!” Sydney replied, sitting at the counter.
“Oh, I’m sorry! But I heard the car pull up and I just had to look out the window. You didn’t tell me if he’s a good kisser or not!” Francie said, not the least bit embarrassed. Sydney just laughed. “That’s a yes, isn’t it? It’s a yes! Oh, I’m so happy for you, Syd!” Francie said, hugging her.

“Thanks, Fran. I’m happy for me too! But I’m realy tired, I need to go to bed” she replied. Francie hugged her again, then they both went to bed. Sydney hadn’t unpacked from Paris yet and she knew that she couldn’t put it off any longer. She started putting her clothes away but stopped when she saw Vaughn’s shirt in the bottom of her bag. It wouldn’t hurt to sleep in it again, as long as she didn’t let Francie see her wearing it. She slipped it on and slid into bed with that calm feeling she had felt when she had been wrapped in Vaughn’s arms on the plane. “I wonder what kind of after-shave he wears” she thought to herself as she drifted off.

Back