An Inconvenient Truth

Jamison

Cadet
I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to this movie. For those of you who haven't heard about it, it is a documentary on global warming presented by Al Gore. Trust me, I'll be the first to admit that it sounded like it would probably be a little dry and boring, but it looks like it'll be anything but. The preview alone will give you chills, and Al Gore is said to be funny and very engaging.

It opens May 24 in select theaters, but then adds more cities and theaters every week. When you visit the website you can see when it is going to be at a city near you. I have to sadly wait until June 30th, but it should be well worth the wait.

Here are a couple reviews:

From Newsweek:
This summer, when you're parched, sweating through your shirt and thinking to yourself, "It is so hot out here that I think I'm about to burst into flames," you can take comfort in this interesting fact: you're right! Exactly when you (and I and the rest of us) are going to spontaneously combust remains a matter of heated (ha ha) ecological debate. But if you want to know why, former vice president Al Gore explains it all in this fascinating—yes, fascinating—documentary about global warming. Director Davis Guggenheim captures a freewheeling, funny—yes, funny—Gore during his city-by-city slide-show crusade about the planet's perilous situation and traces the roots of his passion for environmentalism back to his Tennessee boyhood. If you see one scientifically rigorous documentary this summer, make it this one. Best part: the theater will be air-conditioned. May 24

From Rolling Stone:
This stir-it-upper from director Davis Guggenheim is basically a lecture by Al Gore about global warming, including a multimedia slide show and shots of the former veep on the road, giving speeches and plugging thoughts into his Apple computer on environmental issues that have obsessed him for two decades. Dull? Not a bit. It grabs you like a thriller with an ending that will haunt your dreams. Gore keeps us riveted by being charming, literate and profoundly persuasive on a topic that's scarier than anything in a dozen Japanese horror flicks. Vote Gore on this one.

If you want to view the website or join the 30,000+ people who have pledged to see it, visit the official website at: www.climatecrisis.net

I saw the movie with my cousins. It's so shocking.

And then I tried to get a bunch of my friends to watch, but they refuse.

I finally got to see it. It was absolutely amazing, I was literally in tears during parts. There is no way that you can deny the evidence that Gore presents in the movie. It shouldn't matter your political party, you should see this movie and afterwards there shouldn't be any doubt in your mind that global warming does exist.

I finally got to see it. It was absolutely amazing, I was literally in tears during parts. There is no way that you can deny the evidence that Gore presents in the movie. It shouldn't matter your political party, you should see this movie and afterwards there shouldn't be any doubt in your mind that global warming does exist.
Yes, exactly. When I saw it, it was just so true in my mind. It's impossible to deny when all of those facts are presented.

Back