"Angel" Renewed for 5th Season

Here's yet another article from zap2it. It doesn't add much, but I thought it might be of some interest.

Denisof Pleasantly Surprised at 'Angel' Renewal
Fri, Jun 6, 2003 03:41 PM PDT

by Vanessa Sibbald
Zap2it

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - One of the worst things about being a TV actor is waiting to hear whether or not the network is going to pick up your show for another season. Especially anxious are cast members of an "on the bubble" show that could go either way.

Alexis Denisof, who stars as button-up Slayer Watcher turned bad-ass demon hunter on The WB's "Angel," had his own strategy to cope with waiting for the network's 11th hour decision as to whether it would bring the series back for a fifth season.

"What I did is just prepare myself for them canceling the show, and so when they picked it up it was a pleasant surprise," he tells Zap2it.com. "That way I felt like I wouldn't be disappointed."

In the end, thanks to the producers ability to sign "Buffy the Vampire Slayer's" popular character Spike (played by James Marsters) to a full season of episodes as well as convince The WB they had an exciting new direction in which to take the show, "Angel" was renewed right before the network upfront presentation to advertisers in May.

Denisof says he's making use of his hiatus to spend quality time with his fiancée and sometime co-star Alyson Hannigan ("Buffy" ).

"I'm having a wonderful time with my fiancée. It's the first time that we've both had time off," he says.

However, he may also try to fit in a movie or play before returning to the "Angel" set.

"There's a script that I'm kind of interested in and we're talking about that, some theater projects came up," he said. "But I decided that I didn't want to be too far away from home with the short time off that we have before we start next season."

well, that's a good outlook, i guess. expect the worst so that you won't be disappointed. ;)

and alexis and alyson are so cute together. ^_^

crazy spinster said:
and alexis and alyson are so cute together.
True! :D

I also agree that the show wont be the same without Cordy. when i read that she and connor werent coming back i was shocked, and im still waiting to see how they leave the show, i heard that cordy goes into a coma or something like that but i will have to wait and see!

I didn't know Alexis and Alyson were engaged! That's awesome! :D
I'm sure we'll find out what happens to Cordy. Charisma will probably do a few camios (hmmm... I have no clue how to spell that word... :smiley:) and hopefully she'll have a full contract for season 6.

oh! here's another random question i came up with while i was...not studying. :rolleyes:

so when angel was mortal back in the 1600s or whenever, he was irish, right? i seem to remember him speaking with some sort of irish accent. so why does he speak with an american accent now while spike, who was british when he was mortal, STILL speaks with a british accent? is it just because angel is older than spike?

i don't know, i thought that was a little funny.

[i procrastinate too much. :confused:]

Nah, it's just 'cause Spike affects the accent. He started out with an upper-class accent.
;)

And also probably because David Boreanaz's Irish accent is ATROCIOUS, while James Marsters's British accent has been said to fool even the British. I think it has something to do with him being what they call an actor. :angelic: (Sorry, I'm not a big DB fan. Lol...)

:lol: that's true - david boreanaz's accent was pretty terrible.

james marsters surprised me. for the longest time, i had no clue that he was actually american, not british. same with alexis denisof. but david never had me fooled. ;)

Azalea said:
And also probably because David Boreanaz's Irish accent is ATROCIOUS, while James Marsters's British accent has been said to fool even the British. I think it has something to do with him being what they call an actor. :angelic: (Sorry, I'm not a big DB fan. Lol...)
Actually, I've heard from some brits who've said that his Spike accent is something of a mixture of accents, but at least it's a mixture of something recognizable. Mr Marsters says that he simply channels what AS Head sounds like in real life (which is kind of hard to picture . . .). But I agree, Mr Boreanaz' Irish accent makes me cringe. I teleconference with folks in Dublin every Wednesday and look forward to listening to their beautiful accents! American English just doesn't have the same music . . .
^_^

I know what you mean about Marsters accent. I was fooled. The first time I heard him in an interview I was like oh my god.

To be honest I cant really stand to listen to him speak without the accent, cuz he's just so sexy when he has it.
I think it also gives him a romantic quality

Ok, i'm bitish and I always knew that james marsters was american it didn't suprise me when I heard him actually 'speak' HOWEVER he has fooled the british including my brother who heard him on the radio this morning and screamed OH MY G-D H SOUNDS SO SO....... AMERICAN!! :rolleyes:

Back