Drama Angels and Demons (Dan Brown)

I can't wait for his next book, which will talk about the Free Masonary, and will be set right here in Washington DC. According to Dan, Robert Langdon will be his main character for years to come. There is also a Da Vinci Code movie in the works. I wonder who will playe Sophie Neveau. Maybe our favorite Alias spy..

Xin Li

Tenderbear said:
I just finished "Deception Point" too!

Deception Point is about the interworkings of the government during election year. The nominee to take the president's seat, Senator Sexton, wallows about how NASA uses up too much of our tax payers money and turns the world anti-NASA. It seems he will be president come election day, when NASA makes an unbelievable discovery. Rachel Sexton, the president's gister, is sent on the ride of her life after the discovery is made. Meanwhile, you follow the relationships between all of the characters, including some secret scandals and biting deception.

Deception Point is my least favorite of Brown's books, but that isn't saying it's not worth reading. I mostly enjoyed the story of Senator Sexton and his assistant Gabrielle as they battle NASA and the current administration. It's fun to guess about what NASA discovered until they tell you the truth. There were many twists and turns, but most came to disappointing ends. I easily guessed who the bad guy was, the final end twist.

Overall, it's still a fabulous book! Dan brown has such talent!!

9/10  (y)  (y)
[post="980803"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yeah i finished Deception Point and i thought it was ok. There was a lot of talking and only to parts where there was a lot of action. And I thought it was too scientific for me, like they had all those pronunciations and how chondrules(sp?) were formed. It was still a good book, but i think I liked DaVinci Code better. I'm gonna start Angels and Demons soon.

My mom all of dan brown's books that she could find. I've only read TDVC, but i loved it. I could be just because I'm an unwilling catholic, but it is a good book anyway.

I just finished "Angels & Demons," and thought it was pretty good! At first I thought the carmelengo was really trying to overthrow the church, but then after he gave that speech to BBC, I was convinced it wasn't him, and decided it was the head of CERN. Oh well, I was wrong. :smiley:

Yeah, I just saw absolutely NOTHING in Angels and Demons coming. I mean, the surprise ending came up from behind and smacked you on the head. It was really exhilerating!

Ohh yeah, Dan Brown is so awesome. His next book will be called The Solomon Key, and will revolve around the Free Masons, and be set in Washington DC.

cinders said:
p.s and really smart, its what we all are :P
[post="1132104"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

At least they are not pure sex symbols. All of the female characters have been really strong characterwise. They are not your typical blond bimbos. And of course a character like Langdon gives people like me hope that one day we can be intellectual and cool at the same time..haha.

yea jennifer garner would make a good Vittoria but Tom hanks is Langdon -___-

here's what's comign up for the daVinci code movie in 06

Plot Outline: A murder in the Louvre and clues in Da Vinci paintings lead to the discovery of a religious mystery protected by a secret society for two thousand years -- which could shake the foundations of Christianity. (more)

Production Notes/Status:
Comments: Filming scheduled to start in May 2005
Status Updated: 27 November 2004
Note: Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change; some data could be removed completely

Tom Hanks .... Robert Langdon
Jean Reno .... Bezu Fache
Audrey Tautou .... Sophie Neveu

just started reading it tonight--definatly need to find more time for reading.

i love his stories, and conspiracy theories are sooo great! if you could call them theories . . .

wow audrey tautou would be good, but i always imagined sophie with borwn hair-more angelical

angels and demons is absolutely amazing

Anyone read this one yet? I sat in my hotel in Vegas and hammered through it.

It was pretty good... not quite the puzzle/mystery as was the Da Vinci code... and the title is sort of misleading. I figured it'd be a bit more in the religions but it was quite secular, overall.

Interesting twists on faith and all that though.

I haven't read it (no surprise, I rarely have time to read anymore - unless the cable is out), though I did read the Da Vinci Code

Back