Politics Animal rights

agnes bean said:
Well, some companies manage to do it, so there must be ways. I'm not sure what they are, but someone will probabley know, or maybe I'll look it up online later. But it is possible.
[post="1074886"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

There are ways around animal testing. Companies such as St Ives and Herbal Essences have figured out ways to avoid it. I think that testing on animals is generally the least expensive, so many companies stick with that.

I love animals, and it sickens me to know that animals get tested on so that the "pretty" girls can wear their makeup. If it was for a cure for say...cancer or multiple sclerosis (my dad has MS), then I would feel differently. But for cosmetics, hell no! I don't wear fur (faux fur, maybe, but never, ever real fur) and I don't wear leather (but maybe faux leather). I do eat meat, but I think it's wrong to just go hunting for fun. I hate spiders, but techinally, they are insects, so it's different. I love my two cats as if they were humans. I would actually be more concerned about getting them out rather than myself if there was a fire.

I just wanted to bring up the fur issue. I find like a lot of random people just are opposed to fur. With a few exceptions...it's like hey you eat meat, right? You're shoes are leather? So what point exactly are you making. There was also some actress...I forget which one in particular. I don't believe she is a vegetarian (I could be wrong) but she refused to wear fur in the name of "animal rights" but according to her so long as it was vintage it's okay. :rolleyes:

I mean personally I like the whole concept of animal rights to a degree...but when you want to free the "chickens" at the farm...who don't have beaks to begin with cause they are chopped off...so exactly what do you want them to do?

I'd also like to bring it up (even though no one is superimposing that eating meat is somehow monstrous and wrong...like I've experienced...) that if the human population were to be solely herbivores...the earth wouldn't be able to produce all the vegetation...and our soil would just deplete in order to feed people.

I am however against people who go out of their way to acquire exotic furs or leathers...I know my science teacher in the 6th grade work for like some division in the airport that confiscated things people tried to smuggle in...and well people had polar bears shot for coats...crocodiles and different sorts of lizards and snakes that were endangered killed for boots and pocket books. And it was just horrible to talk about endangered species...and find out that someone like shot down several of them for a pair of f-ing boots.

There's a certain extent where we can "mistreat" nature before it dies on us completely...and that’s personally my main focus. Not the black and white of whether it’s wrong or right…but if we do indeed use these animals…will be see the repercussions and regret it...

My issue with fur is how the animals are killed for their furs. Most are electrocuted. Plus, yes, I eat beef, but cows are also used for food, so they're multipurpose. I don't get the thing with the "vintage" fur either. I actually did wear a vintage fur stole for a movie shoot where I was an extra, and I felt creepy the whole time. I wish I'd chosen something else.

Back