Animals + Zombies

Valentino

Scout
Here's a couple questions about zombies and animals.

1. Do you think zombies would eat/feed off of animals? For example in The Walking Dead zombies devoured the horse Rick rode in on and also ate a deer that Daryl had hunted. On the other hand, in the Dawn of the Dead remake the dog walks right though hundreds of zombies and isn't bothered. What do you think?

2. Would animals become zombies if bitten, or if already infected, when they died? Resident Evil shows animals like dogs and crows being infected but you don't see it much in other films/etc. Thoughts?

I think that walkers would hunt animals, since otherwise human population would become extinct even faster, meaning that walkers would die faster. Even though they're supposed to be mindless, I believe that every creature thinks twice when it's their stomach on the line :P

Animals would also turn and they'd be one bad-ass hybrid :D

Surely if something like this happened it would be down to human biological weapons. So if the virus got realeased then surely it would only work with human DNA. So if the animals got bitten it wouldnt work with them? Well maybe at first, but once the virus evolves then it might have them.

In the first Resident Evil the guard dogs become infected because the virus becomes airborne I believe. In the third, crows are infected because they were eating infected flesh. Definitely an interesting but scary idea.

Another example of undead animals; Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare. They had undead bears, cougars, wolves... some scary felgercarb xD I'd hate to run into any of those in a zombie apocalypse.

Back