Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Animated Signatures

Discussion in 'Site-Related News' started by Azhria Lilu, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Azhria Lilu

Azhria Lilu Rocket Ranger

We are considering phasing out animated signatures (signatures are the lines of text or images after someone's post) because some people consider them too distracting and they slow down pages for dialup users.

Note that if we were to phase out animated signatures, you could still have non-animated signature images and could still have animated avatars (and we might increase the max animated avatar size to 90x90).

Please vote with your honest opinion regarding animated signatures here.

2. Sydne Bristow

Sydne Bristow Rocket Ranger

:( And I was just about to finish my signature, phooey >.< Is there any way that you could have a disable signatures thing in "My Controls" for those who have dial up, or just flat out don't want to see the sig's? Just a thought, since I realy have no idea if this is possible or not anyways ^.^

3. AliasALIAS

AliasALIAS Guest

Yes. Go to My Controls>Board Settings. One option is "Do you wish to view members signatures when reading threads?". Choose "No." This will hide the whole signature, including text.

4. alias:88

alias:88 Captain

question: i suck @ computers so naturally i was wondering: how do you "create" those annimated signatures?

5. aliasbabe48

aliasbabe48 Rocket Ranger

hey i agree with alias:88 i've always wanted an animated character and i really like then they are sooo cute especially the syd and vaughn ones....think about it...it would be a lot more boring if there weren't any animated ones......anyway i like them and they shouldn't be banned or anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. alias:88

I also agree w/ aliasbabe48. dont ban the signatures! they are really cool............................. if i could just figure out how to make one............:)

7. Vaughn4ever

Vaughn4ever Rocket Ranger

What is the difference between animated sigs and non animated sigs? just wondering

8. Espionage

Espionage Rocket Ranger

Animated are moving signatures, and have different frames in them, ive got a non anmated sig coz its juz one frame and isnt moving, does that make sense? :confused:

9. Scarlet Crystal

Scarlet Crystal Bibbity Rabbity

yea. i have an animated one. oh well.

10. alias:88

how do you make the sigs? please help.....................can you make them on Macs?

11. nancee

nancee Rocket Ranger

u go to fan media, sig requests, and someone will do it for u eventually

12. alias:88

thanks iLOv3vAuGhN

13. twinzz2003

twinzz2003 Rocket Ranger

I like the animated signatures, but I really don't care either way!! LOL!!

14. nancee

nancee Rocket Ranger

np ;) and call me nancee