animation program

November 13

The Black Beanie
I have jasc animation (pack mate with paint shop pro 7)-- I'm wondering is there anything better? I hate the fact, that images with more than 256 colors become dithered or color matched (as example my sig-- those blasted dots!!!). So, do you know any better programs, or a method that perserves the colors on jasc?

With photos with a large amount of color, you'll almost always lose image quality with GIFs. There may be a way to optimize it more on Jasc, but I use Adobe ImageReady, so I'm not sure. Photoshop Elements also animates.

One reason why your sig's image quality is particularly low is because there are so many frames--over 10 frames :eek: If you cut it down to about two or three, the images may be considerably better (both in appearances and loading time for dial-up users--please spare us! :lol:smiley:

Although there is no solid limit on number of frames in the signature rules, we ask that you try to keep it low to save site space and bandwidth and to prevent pages from becoming "sticky." Plus, the max number of lines you can have in your signature with an image is two, while you currently have seven.

i'm currently using photoshop elements :smiley: which i'm finding easy due to the large number of tutorials online and the usefull search function which explains everything you need to know (just about). using animation was easy for sliding sigs!!!!
i'm determined to learn macromedia fireworks cos it's meant to be awesome for the web!! :smiley:

i've got photoshop elements - it s way cheaper than photoshop and better for getting started! :smiley:

i am so excited! I just got Photoshop from my dad, but i dont think it's the version i want...but oh well...im eager to load it on my comp...im just clearing up space so i have room...does anyone know how much space it takes up?

Frogboy_Lives said:
i'm not sure how much space it takes up, but it does use a lot of memory when it runs.
yeah that is a problem!!!

my pc is full of Alias so i have little space - its crashed a few times when ive been in the middle of some cool pics!!! :( remember and save at various stages when ur making something!!!! :smiley:

ok..i was half way through installing it...i freed up space on my comp...and find out that it doesn't work! Turned out it was an upgrade version which required a previous version, which i didnt have

Back