Politics Anna Anderson/Anastasia

We just learned about this in biology and it fascinates me. Read about it here

I know this may not seem fit for "Serious Discussion", but believe me, a lot of people are passionate about it! (y)

So, do you think that Anna Anderson really was Anastasia, and somehow escaped that dreadful night? Or do you side with what the DNA tests prove, that she was actually Franziska Schanzkowska, a missing factory worker? And therefore believing that either a.) Anastasia somehow survived that night and we don't know who she is, or b.) She died along with the other 10 members of her family.

I believe the latter, but it's creepy that Anna actually knew so much with no time to research, and she has the same scars and such.

:abduct: :blink:

I tend to go through fascinations of historical figures; such as Anastasia, Mozart, Beethoven, Louis XIV, Joan of Arc, etc etc.

I truly believe that Anastasia died along with her family that horrible night. The people involved in the killing of the Romanovs' would have made sure that all of them were killed and their bodies destroyed in order to get rid of any evidence of the mass-murder.
I think the whole Anastasia thing is just a romantic idea. People want to believe that this Dutches survived her family in this remarkable story of survival.
Many women also tried to act-out this in order to gain both wealth and fame.
These "Anastasia" stories are stories and nothing more.

~~Spongy!

I was obsessed with Anastasia for a while... I don't think she survived. I know they never found her grave but like someone said (forget who) I think ppl just want to have this dramatic story to ooh and aah over.

1) Yes, they did test the DNA of Anna Anderson's bones and the DNA did not match that of any of the Romanov's.

2) After the family was killed, sulfuric acid was poured over their corpes. This acid is strong enough to disolve bones. Therefore, Anastasia might have been disolved which, is why her bones have yet to be found.

~~Spongy!

okay i think i can set this straight coz during primary school i was absolutly obsessed with the romanovs, but not as much now
after the family was shot they were burried in a mass grave. including their two dogs.
the bodies they found were:
tsar nicklas, tsarina alexandra, the princesses ogla, tatiana, and anistasia.
the bodies that weren't found was the other daughter marie and their son alexi.
when the bodies were burried they pored petrol all over them, and because alexi had a disease, i can't remember it but it begain with an h, which caused him to bleed continully from a simple bump, the petrol would have disolved his fralie bones.
and i remeber reading some were that it was acutually marie not anistasia that was missing
but i guess it will always be one of the great misteries of the twentyth centuary.

okay i think i can set this straight coz during primary school i was absolutly obsessed with the romanovs, but not as much now
after the family was shot they were burried in a mass grave. including their two dogs.
the bodies they found were:
tsar nicklas, tsarina alexandra, the princesses ogla, tatiana, and anistasia.
the bodies that weren't found was the other daughter marie and their son alexi.
when the bodies were burried they pored petrol all over them, and because alexi had a disease, i can't remember it but it begain with an h, which caused him to bleed continully from a simple bump, the petrol would have disolved his fralie bones.
and i remeber reading some were that it was acutually marie not anistasia that was missing
but i guess it will always be one of the great misteries of the twentyth centuary.

You're right. I'm pretty sure that Anastasia's body was found. It was Marie and Alexi's(the diease that he had was called hemophilia,which causes blood to not clot) bodies that were never found. Anything could have happened to them really, but i dont belive that either could have survied. They were shot multiple times, and I'm sure the guards would have made for certain that they were dead.

You're right. I'm pretty sure that Anastasia's body was found. It was Marie and Alexi's(the diease that he had was called hemophilia,which causes blood to not clot) bodies that were never found. Anything could have happened to them really, but i dont belive that either could have survied. They were shot multiple times, and I'm sure the guards would have made for certain that they were dead.
yeah, thats the word i was looking for :lol:

Back