Anne Rice

whoa i watched that movie last night :Ph34r: thats kinda freaky

the movie was really gory but the story was good. i cried when claudia died :(

havnt read the book though, i looked at it in the bookstore today and it didnt look like a type of writing i would like. I dunno

VaughnFan13 said:
What do you all think of Anne Rice? I just finished "Interview With The Vampire," and liked it...
She wrote that book right?
I haven't read anything from her but i do know she writes a lot about vampires and such.

Which one of her books is your favorite?

I love Anne Rice. I just bought Pandora, written by her and look forward to being able to read it. The only problem for me reading books like that is that I need to set aside a whole day to do so because I won't want to put the book down. Her work has inspired me to try my hand at writing about vampires. My personal favorite by her thus far is Interview, although I did enjoy Queen of the damned.

I went through this whole vampire period in Gr.6 and 7(the rest of my friends were reading the Lurlene McDaniel books. Why couldn't they figure out they're all the same?) and read a whole bunch of Anne Rice books. The Lestat one is good, but the best has to be "Interview with the Vampire".

I LOVE Anne Rice. "Interview" is probably my favorite movie of all time, and I'm currently reading the book. I've heard that "The Vampire Lestat" is better... but I haven't read it, so...

I've been reading Queen of Damned. It's pretty good. I was a big fan of Buffy so I kinda figured it would be along those lines, but she takes vampires and legends etc. in a whole new direction from Joss which is really cool.

well, never really read anything by her, though i did stumble upon a book written by her under a pseudonym. it was a litlle, well, unusual. needless to say, i didn't get very far...

I've read Interview with a vampire, The vampire Lestat, Queen of the damned and the Tale of the body thief. I like the first three title, but The tale of the body thief, what a dull book!

I absolutely LOVE Anne Rice's novels. I have the Lives of the Mayfair Witches and Ramses the Damned and quite a few of the Vampire Chronicles (I have read them all though).

I did find that Interview with the Vampire was a bit hard to get into but it turned into a good read, though I have to say that the following Vampire Lestat was better.

The Mayfair books are a great read as well, especially The Witching Hour.

My fave Anne Rice novel is The Vampire Armand (mainly because he's my favourite vampire).

Oh, and xdancer, I think I found those same books you did and I agree, it was a rather ... unusual ... story.

Back